Brenham vs. Port Neches-Groves Game 1 Thread/PN-G leads series 1-0!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Indians...  I promise you this though; Brenham will be pumped up, and ready to defend the state title!  Were down, but not out...  Hopefully this is a wake up call.  It's gonna be a long busride home with coach Long in their ear all the way back.  I said if PNG won the 1st game, that Brenham would take the series in 3.  Now they just have to prove me right....  

Go Cubs!

Guest Ranger83
Good game. PNG never backed down. Should be an interesting weekend for these two teams.
The caught stealing in the 6th was huge.

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1009054" timestamp="1305172319"]
Good game. PNG never backed down. Should be an interesting weekend for these two teams.
[b]The caught stealing in the 6th was huge[/b].
[/quote]

....and at the very least, a questionable decison with a 2 for 3 D-1 hitter up.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="vpride" post="1009055" timestamp="1305172501"]
[quote author=Year of the Pat! link=topic=84158.msg1009054#msg1009054 date=1305172319]
[b]The caught stealing in the 6th was huge[/b].
[/quote]

....and at the very least, a questionable decison with a 2 for 3 D-1 hitter up.
[/quote]

By the coaches reaction, it was not what he called. At the very least, you do not just "run" into the tag with a runner on 3rd.

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1009053" timestamp="1305172269"]
I'm thinking there should be another meeting to eat at El Toros.  you know baseball superstition stuff. B Fan how is that mexican food setting right now. ;D
[/quote]

Lol. Not too good after blowing a 5-0 lead... >:(

I liked el Toros up until now!  Bad luck!

Friday can't get here soon enough....  Schlottmann to the rescue!

Just got back from the game! WoW is all I can say. Hopefully that knucklehead group of umps don't call the rest of the series. There were several bad calls in the field and behind home plate. Ump behind the plate wouldn't give Stone corners for nothing, the play at second was a joke with nobody making the call, and there was a runner trying to get back to first that was hosed by Provost that was called safe. Can someone also let the NDN staff know not to throw a curveball on a 1-2 count when the Brenham batters are behind the fastball. Both times for a HR. If a hitter is swinging after the ball is in the catchers glove, please throw the gas and sit him down, not the duece. First time, I've seen a ump tell a team to get back in the dugout when the team that scored a run go out and congradulate the runner. My rant is over and I'm happy the NDNS pulled one out. Also, I've never seen so many foul balls by one team (Brenham) in a game.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1009068" timestamp="1305174576"]
Just got back from the game! WoW is all I can say. Hopefully that knucklehead group of umps don't call the rest of the series. There were several bad calls in the field and behind home plate. Ump behind the plate wouldn't give Stone corners for nothing, the play at second was a joke with nobody making the call, and there was a runner trying to get back to first that was hosed by Provost that was called safe. Can someone also let the NDN staff know not to throw a curveball on a 1-2 count when the Brenham batters are behind the fastball. Both times for a HR. If a hitter is swinging after the ball is in the catchers glove, please throw the gas and sit him down, not the duece. First time, I've seen a ump tell a team to get back in the dugout when the team that scored a run go out and congradulate the runner. My rant is over and I'm happy the NDNS pulled one out. Also, I've never seen so many foul balls by one team (Brenham) in a game.
[/quote]

The bad calls went both ways...  I too hope we don't see these umps again.  Again, congrats Indians.  Yall showed heart.  A lot teams would have curled up and died after trailing the #1 team in the state 5-0, halfway through the game.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1009071" timestamp="1305175307"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=84158.msg1009068#msg1009068 date=1305174576]
[/quote]

The bad calls went both ways...  I too hope we don't see these umps again.  Again, congrats Indians.  Yall showed heart.  A lot teams would have curled up and died after trailing the #1 team in the state 5-0, halfway through the game.
[/quote]

The only call that I remember that went against ya'll was the play at first base where the catcher threw down and I think our guy was out. The other play at first was tie goes to the runner ;D Did you hear when I told the ump that he dropped his blue bell ice cream out of his pocket! :D ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1009068" timestamp="1305174576"]
[/quote]

actually, the homerun in the 5th was on a high outside fastball. because in my hand i was hoping Stone would have thrown a backfoot curve ball. he was set up perfect for it. and also, the homerun in the 3rd  he tripled up on curveballs and thats what happened. he had him set up perfect for the high and inside heat. oh well...got the job done on the diamond and now looking for the sweep.  Lets go boys

Bfan I was hoping to finally meet you yesterday but my 13u select team needed my assistance.I hope eagle07 and Baytown treated you right.One thing for sure is PNG has not lost a game at klutch field since they lost to friendswood a long time ago.Good luck to yall....

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="1009104" timestamp="1305203976"]
Bfan I was hoping to finally meet you yesterday but my 13u select team needed my assistance.I hope eagle07 and Baytown treated you right.One thing for sure is PNG has not lost a game at klutch field since they lost to friendswood a long time ago.Good luck to yall....
[/quote]

Everybody was good to me, and it was a lot of fun....  Now if I can get through today, tomorrow we can tie this series up!  I can't remember the last time we lost 2 straight.  (Maybe 2 years ago) Tick, tock...  Come on Friday night!

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="1009104" timestamp="1305203976"]
[/quote]

Gee....we all had a great time....Heck, Brenhamfan even sat next to me in a sea of purple.  ;D
BTW, got a chance to meet and talk with the PNG QB, Doty.
Outstanding, respectful, very good mannered young man....If his parents read this...well, job well done !
Best of luck to him at Univ. of Oregon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298