20-4A Final Stretch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Livingston and now living in PN it is great seeing Livingston making a push. When I was there we were the first group to make the playoffs in over 10 years and now 10 years later they are making L-town proud. Livingston is a bunch of scrappy kids which fits Livingston to the T. I think it finishes 1. Ned T-2 LCM, PNG, Livingston. Now if this happens do they flip a coin or what?

Nederland of course is in the best spot.
LCM has no worries about making the playoffs...it's all about seeding now....will they save pitching for the seeding games or pitch their best against Nederland which is a fairly meaningless game in the grand scheme of things......PNG cannot let their guard down even though it is Central.....Vidor and Livingston have to pitch their best because lose and their out unless PNG found a way to lose...then you could have a tie for 2nd/3rd and a tie for 4th....final game means a lot for 3 of these teams. 

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1001318" timestamp="1303479161"]
LCM has no worries about making the playoffs...it's all about seeding now....will they save pitching for the seeding games or pitch their best against Nederland which is a fairly meaningless game in the grand scheme of things......[color=red][size=16pt]PNG cannot let their guard down even though it is Central[/size][/color].....Vidor and Livingston have to pitch their best because lose and their out unless PNG found a way to lose...then you could have a tie for 2nd/3rd and a tie for 4th....final game means a lot for 3 of these teams. 
[/quote]
Not to cut down Central but based on their record so far this year...the only way PNG can lose is if they decide not to take the field for 7 innings.

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1001390" timestamp="1303489859"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=83273.msg1001318#msg1001318 date=1303479161]
LCM has no worries about making the playoffs...it's all about seeding now....will they save pitching for the seeding games or pitch their best against Nederland which is a fairly meaningless game in the grand scheme of things......[color=red][size=16pt]PNG cannot let their guard down even though it is Central[/size][/color].....Vidor and Livingston have to pitch their best because lose and their out unless PNG found a way to lose...then you could have a tie for 2nd/3rd and a tie for 4th....final game means a lot for 3 of these teams. 
[/quote]
Not to cut down Central but based on their record so far this year...the only way PNG can lose is if they decide not to take the field for 7 innings.
[/quote]Okay I am wondering about a tie breaker for 4th. Obviously this game could go either way but if Vidor wins what decides who gets the 4th spot. Vidor will have beat Livingston twice if this happens. Does that matter?

I personally do not like that 20-4A doesn't use head to head in a two way tie.

If Vidor beats Livingston that would tie them at 8-6 for the 4th and final spot. It also would give Vidor a sweep of Livingston in district play. IMO, Vidor should then go as the #4 seed.

Instead, Vidor will be required to beat Livingston a 3rd time to qualify for playoffs. That just ain't right.

[quote name="baseball24/7" post="1001463" timestamp="1303504846"]
But the lions have swept PNG and split the series with LCM this year. Vidor has been swept by both of those teams this season. I think that needs to be put into consideration on discussing this matter.
[/quote]Well either way Vidor has to win next friday in order for any of this to matter!

Very true. Both teams are under alot of pressure. Livingston is trying to clinch a playoff spot for the first time in ten years. Vidor is trying to keep their playoff hopes alive. I think it's going to be a great game or games. No offense to vidor at all, but I gotta give Livingston the upper edge here. They only have to win one game to get in the playoffs. Vidor on the other hand, has to win two. Livingston is on a roll right now after taking care of ozen and having a huge win at home against LCM. Vidor is coming off of a tough loss against PNG. But it's baseball. Anything can happen.

[quote name="baseball24/7" post="1001478" timestamp="1303506751"]
Very true. Both teams are under alot of pressure. Livingston is trying to clinch a playoff spot for the first time in ten years. Vidor is trying to keep their playoff hopes alive. I think it's going to be a great game or games. No offense to vidor at all, but I gotta give Livingston the upper edge here. They only have to win one game to get in the playoffs. Vidor on the other hand, has to win two. Livingston is on a roll right now after taking care of ozen and having a huge win at home against LCM. Vidor is coming off of a tough loss against PNG. But it's baseball. Anything can happen.
[/quote]No doubt I would rather have to win one game instead of two, but as you stated, it is baseball and you have to play the games to know who will win. Come on Pirates! This is for all the marbles!!!

..............................................................Remaining.......Potential Playoff Opponent

Nederland..........................  12        1          LCM...Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Little Cypress-Mauriceville...  9        4          Ned...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Livingston.........................    8        5          Vid...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Port Neches-Groves............  8        5          Cen...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Vidor................................    7        6          Liv...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1001625" timestamp="1303578547"]

..............................................................Remaining.......Potential Playoff Opponent

Nederland..........................  12        1          LCM...Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Little Cypress-Mauriceville...   9        4          Ned...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Livingston.........................    8         5          Vid...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Port Neches-Groves............   8         5          Cen...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Vidor................................    7         6          Liv...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

[/quote] so if the district finishes with 3 teams in a tie for 2nd - how do they determine awesome?

[quote name="baddog" post="1001654" timestamp="1303587807"]
[quote author=oldollie link=topic=83273.msg1001652#msg1001652 date=1303586966]
Central couldn't beat PNG if the Jags had Josh Beckett on the mound!! :D
[/quote]

A post has been deleted. It was the one I was answering.
[/quote]

Sorry baddog.  As soon as I posted what you saw I realized what adminbaberuth was saying so I deleted part of my post.  Hope I didn't make you seem too crazy.

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="1001672" timestamp="1303594460"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=83273.msg1001625#msg1001625 date=1303578547]

Nederland..........................  12        1          LCM...Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Little Cypress-Mauriceville...   9        4          Ned...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Livingston.........................    8         5          Vid...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Port Neches-Groves............   8         5          Cen...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Vidor................................    7         6          Liv...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

[/quote] so if the district finishes with 3 teams in a tie for 2nd - how do they determine awesome?
[/quote]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

If........Ned beats LCM, Liv beats Vidor, PNG beats Central
3 way tie for 2nd.......best record of the three   Liv 3-1, PNG 2-2, LCM 1-3
Liv goes as 2nd, PNG 3rd and LCM 4th

If........LCM beats Ned, Liv beats Vidor, PNG beats Central
LCM goes 2nd, Liv and PNG flip or play game for 3rd and 4th

If........Ned beats LCM, Vidor beats Liv, PNG beats Central
LCM and PNG play in or flip for 2nd and 3rd, Liv and Vid play another game.

If.......Lcm beats Ned, Vidor beats Liv, Png beats Central
LCM goes 2nd, PNG goes 3rd, Vidor and Liv play game for 4th.

LCM is in
PNG is in if beats Central
Liv is in if beats Vidor

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1002117" timestamp="1303756973"]
[quote author=juskillenit89 link=topic=83273.msg1001672#msg1001672 date=1303594460]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=83273.msg1001625#msg1001625 date=1303578547]

Nederland..........................  12        1          LCM...Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Little Cypress-Mauriceville...   9        4          Ned...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Livingston.........................    8         5          Vid...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Port Neches-Groves............   8         5          Cen...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

Vidor................................    7         6          Liv...Goose Creek-Crosby-Baytown Lee-Barbers Hill

[/quote]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

If........Ned beats LCM, Liv beats Vidor, PNG beats Central
3 way tie for 2nd.......best record of the three   Liv 3-1, PNG 2-2, LCM 1-3
Liv goes as 2nd, PNG 3rd and LCM 4th

If........LCM beats Ned, Liv beats Vidor, PNG beats Central
LCM goes 2nd, Liv and PNG flip or play game for 3rd and 4th

If........Ned beats LCM, Vidor beats Liv, PNG beats Central
LCM and PNG play in or flip for 2nd and 3rd, Liv and Vid play another game.

If.......Lcm beats Ned, Vidor beats Liv, Png beats Central
LCM goes 2nd, PNG goes 3rd, Vidor and Liv play game for 4th.

LCM is in
PNG is in if beats Central
Liv is in if beats Vidor

[/quote]If Vidor beats Liv. Vidor is in. The distict does not have specific rules for the 4th place team so it goes to the UIL rules.Head to head is the 1st tiebreaker and Vidor would have won both.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476