Port Neches-Groves vs. Livingston Game Thread/Livingston wins/Comments

What a great story this could have been.

The team had some misfortune.  They lost four games by one run.  They stuck together and supported their teammates and coaches.  (people capable of this are few and far between these days) They secured one of the four playoff spots.  Once you reach the playoffs nothing that has happened prior matters.  They make a nice little run and can hold their head high in the end.

The parents that let their kids quit in the midst of adversity should be ashamed. The lesson to be taught here was to fight through the tough times.  (which there are plenty of throughout life) These lessons are why we have sports in schools to begin with.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful not to lump all players who are no longer on the team together as quitters..... I, for one, know that Tanner J is not a quitter. He hurt his shoulder in football ( imagine that!) and tried to play thru it this season....He is scheduled for or has recently had surgery to repair his shoulder. Something that will affect him for the rest of his life if not repaired.....I can't speak for any of the others.......

Thoughts on "private instructors": Many of them dont want to put up with all the football bs that goes on in high school. They want to just coach baseball. Lots of them also enjoy much higher paying jobs than teaching and then can also "coach" baseball on the side. Also remember this, you are paying an instructor. He is going to be very positive and tell you things that you want to hear. He will never have to make out a line up for your sons team. He tells you great things, you keep paying lots of money for lessons, he keeps telling you more great things. How many of them tell you, "If I were the coach little Johnny would be ......"

[quote name="midcountymadness" post="995702" timestamp="1302537683"]
[size=10pt][b]What a great story this could have been.[/b][/size]

The team had some misfortune.  They lost four games by one run.  They stuck together and supported their teammates and coaches.  (people capable of this are few and far between these days) They secured one of the four playoff spots.  Once you reach the playoffs nothing that has happened prior matters.  They make a nice little run and can hold their head high in the end.

The parents that let their kids quit in the midst of adversity should be ashamed. The lesson to be taught here was to fight through the tough times.  (which there are plenty of throughout life) These lessons are why we have sports in schools to begin with.
[/quote]

What do you mean "could" have been. This season isn't over yet and PNG is still in the playoff hunt.

[quote name="tvc184" post="995772" timestamp="1302545566"]
[quote author=midcountymadness link=topic=82915.msg995702#msg995702 date=1302537683]
[size=10pt][b]What a great story this could have been.[/b][/size]

[/quote]

What do you mean "could" have been. This season isn't over yet and PNG is still in the playoff hunt.
[/quote]

Could have been is what I meant.

Now the story goes like this at this point,

The team had some misfortune.  They lost four games by one run.  They did not stick together and support their teammates and coaches.  They began finger pointing and turned on their coaches.  Numerous players quit the team.

Wow, heard about this B.S. today so i thought i would reply. I have known Mark for 45 plus years, great person, great baseball guy, great husband, great father, great coach. He can coach with the best of them and he can coach my son any time.
The problem with Nederland and P.N.G. Baseball is border talent. What i mean by that is there are so many players that are border line equal in talent. So who plays, the players that are getting the job done. As far as the star Football players getting a better shot, hogwash. I know Mark is a Football Coach, but Baseball is his passion. Please at least allow him to build a resume before cutting his head off.
Now i have only been to one game and that was Ned/PNG game, in the 7th inning with 2 on and no outs PNG failed to get the bunt down and 2 players refused to wear a pitch that would have tied the game up. Terrible coaching? Selfish players?
If PNG loses out i will still be a Mark Brevell supporter, allow him to build his [b]own [/b]program.
Please reply and sign your name: Danny Bellow

Guest tappedout
Your in Nederland and you don't have a clue of what has been going on. What I have posted has been the talk for a while now. I am talking about what is going on right now throughout the program not was has happened in the past 45 year's. I may be talking about football player's on the Varsity, throughout the program. I'm sorry if I have told the truth about the PNG program and it hurt's your feeling's because you know the guy that is running it. They still does not change the fact about how some of his player's feel about him and how he is dealing with this team. So I am sorry if I hit a nerve but everything I have mentioned is the honest truth and lot's of people will back this up.

[quote name="tappedout" post="996061" timestamp="1302574739"]
Your in Nederland and you don't have a clue of what has been going on. What I have posted has been the talk for a while now. I am talking about what is going on right now throughout the program not was has happened in the past 45 year's. I may be talking about football player's on the Varsity, throughout the program. I'm sorry if I have told the truth about the PNG program and it hurt's your feeling's because you know the guy that is running it. They still does not change the fact about how some of his player's feel about him and how he is dealing with this team. So I am sorry if I hit a nerve but everything I have mentioned is the honest truth and lot's of people will back this up.
[/quote]

tappedout

Instead of using this message board to air your differences, i'm sure Coach Brevell will give you 10 minutes to discuss your concerns. Like most coaches, he's not going to discuss any player except your own.

I have to say this whole situation is sad for all involved. But what gets me most is how quickly everyone jumps to their own conclusions. I can only speak my opinion about Hunter D and his family. I respect Barbara and Joey immensely and I believe they've raised a very nice young man. When you have an eighteen year old son there's a fine line between guiding them in the right direction and forcing them to do what you as a parent think is right. We as parents have to allow our children to learn from their mistakes no matter how hard it may be. I am positive Hunter regrets his decision based on the fact that he tried to return to the team. I respect Brevalls decision. As the head coach it is his right to make the best decision he feels for his team. I hate what the Denzlingers are going through and none of us know just how hard it must be for them. But mark my word they will be the 1st ones there and the last to leave tonight supporting their NDN's because that's thkind of people they are. Good luck to both teams tonite. I know it'll be a good one.

For all of you so called coaches out there, I’m sure that you can fill out an application for employment at any of the area schools.  What the AD and Head Baseball Coach would want to see is your name, your credentials and what makes you so dammed qualified to coach.

I bet they would give you a [b]one on one [/b] interview…….

I'm hearing all sorts of bad that's going on at the high school.  With all changes that have gone down and a mad man not moving up some like to make things worse.  If someone does not do something about this it will almost always get worse for the kids who are in the middle of it.  Sad when this person could be the culprit, the tree rotts from the root.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder