PAT KNIGHT to accept Lamar job!!

[quote name="coachacola" post="993067" timestamp="1302015335"]
Can anybody win again at Lamar?  They've tried all different types of coaches since the 1980s and haven't had much success.  Now it's Pat Knight's turn.  I hope he's the one!
[/quote]

No.  It is hopeless.  Throw in the towel.  We are loserville.  How can you expect us to actually win against powerhouses like:  mcneese, sam houston, texas state, sfa, uta, atm-corpus christi, nicholls state, se la, northwestern state.  Who would want to come to ratty old beaumont when you could be in beautiful huntsville playing in front of 182 screaming fans.  Or, the vacation paradise of nacogdoches and their 263 fans.  Why, I don't think we should even be on the same court as a storied program like nwsu or sela.  Nope, we definitely can't win.  I think we should just eliminate the program!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="993204" timestamp="1302030548"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=82686.msg993067#msg993067 date=1302015335]
Can anybody win again at Lamar?  They've tried all different types of coaches since the 1980s and haven't had much success.  Now it's Pat Knight's turn.  I hope he's the one!
[/quote]

No.  It is hopeless.  Throw in the towel.  We are loserville.  How can you expect us to actually win against powerhouses like:  mcneese, sam houston, texas state, sfa, uta, atm-corpus christi, nicholls state, se la, northwestern state.  Who would want to come to ratty old beaumont when you could be in beautiful huntsville playing in front of 182 screaming fans.  Or, the vacation paradise of nacogdoches and their 263 fans.  Why, I don't think we should even be on the same court as a storied program like nwsu or sela.  Nope, we definitely can't win.  I think we should just eliminate the program!
[/quote]

Wow...way too negative.  If you are being sarcastic, then you misunderstood coachacola's comment.

Unimpressed. This is not about coaching or winning now, now its about a brand name.  Pat may be a class guy but the comparison I draw is to nascar, Dale Sr (Bobby) had gone down every road, won everything there is, torch passed to Dale Jr (Pat) who despite coming from the same family just doesnt have it.  You want to build LU back up, look at the Butler or VCU model, Stevens is what 34? Smart cant be much if any older. No retreads from power families or assistants who have been around forever, hire the young guns.

[quote name="DenisGScott" post="993237" timestamp="1302038022"]
Unimpressed. This is not about coaching or winning now, now its about a brand name.  Pat may be a class guy but the comparison I draw is to nascar, Dale Sr (Bobby) had gone down every road, won everything there is, torch passed to Dale Jr (Pat) who despite coming from the same family just doesnt have it.  You want to build LU back up, look at the Butler or VCU model, Stevens is what 34? Smart cant be much if any older. No retreads from power families or assistants who have been around forever, hire the young guns.
[/quote]Hmmm, this could be an advantage for our future young players in the area.  I see Knight moving up to greater things. He knows about some of our local players and he takes them with him in the next 4 years. ;D

[quote name="TBonesLU" post="993214" timestamp="1302031615"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=82686.msg993204#msg993204 date=1302030548]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=82686.msg993067#msg993067 date=1302015335]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow...way too negative.  If you are being sarcastic, then you misunderstood coachacola's comment.
[/quote]

Uh...duh...yes, that is sarcasm.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="993242" timestamp="1302038273"]
[quote author=DenisGScott link=topic=82686.msg993237#msg993237 date=1302038022]
[/quote]Hmmm, this could be an advantage for our future young players in the area.  I see Knight moving up to greater things. He knows about some of our local players and he takes them with him in the next 4 years. ;D
[/quote]

Maybe it will be to our advantage and he'll take you too.  ;D

Pat Knight has as much of a chance to be a great coach in the Southland as anybody.  His recruiting will help.  All he would have to do is get some McNeese, Sam, Western Kentucy, Tennesse State, La Tech, etc. players to come to BMT.  The guy is a decent basketball coach, he just wasnt the best recruiter for the Big 12.  I think he will be able to recruit on this level.  He often had great 2nd games each season against the better schools in the big twelve which shoes he can read film and make adjustments! He needs to get a young go getter assistant with ties to San Antonio, Houston, & Dallas to go get those kids leaving Texas to go play for othe Lamar-type schools!

I see the Pettway kid going to Texas now but we will see!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="993545" timestamp="1302056345"]
Pat Knight has as much of a chance to be a great coach in the Southland as anybody.  His recruiting will help.  All he would have to do is get some McNeese, Sam, Western Kentucy, Tennesse State, La Tech, etc. players to come to BMT.  The guy is a decent basketball coach, he just wasnt the best recruiter for the Big 12.  I think he will be able to recruit on this level.  He often had great 2nd games each season against the better schools in the big twelve which shoes he can read film and make adjustments! He needs to get a young go getter assistant with ties to San Antonio, Houston, & Dallas to go get those kids leaving Texas to go play for othe Lamar-type schools!

I see the Pettway kid going to Texas now but we will see!
[/quote]And I know a lot of the kids in Houston and some in the Dallas area. With my contacts I could really help LU. I could become the greatest recruiter of all time at LU. iF Knight is such a good recruiter, then Pettaway would come to Lamar, right ??? ::)

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="993403" timestamp="1302050548"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=82686.msg993242#msg993242 date=1302038273]
[quote author=DenisGScott link=topic=82686.msg993237#msg993237 date=1302038022]
[/quote]

Maybe it will be to our advantage and he'll take you too.   ;D
[/quote]HATERS  ::) :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="993052" timestamp="1302014371"]
Okay, this makes more sense. Maybe our recruiting class will get better with the Knight name behind it. It could work. But now I just had flashes of Billy Tubbs' comeback. But I'm going to remain positive and go with the flow. It might be a good move.
[/quote]

Yeah, just like all of those top notch recruits he brough to Tech!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="994403" timestamp="1302210977"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=82686.msg993052#msg993052 date=1302014371]
Okay, this makes more sense. Maybe our recruiting class will get better with the Knight name behind it. It could work. But now I just had flashes of Billy Tubbs' comeback. But I'm going to remain positive and go with the flow. It might be a good move.
[/quote]

[/quote]

In the Big 12, no one wants to play at Tech. Knight has a chance to turn Lamar into THE Southland school.. Something it hasn't been in a while. Texas State, McNeese, UTSA, schools like that have taken over.

[quote name="AJ25" post="994406" timestamp="1302211175"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=82686.msg994403#msg994403 date=1302210977]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In the Big 12, no one wants to play at Tech. Knight has a chance to turn Lamar into THE Southland school.. Something it hasn't been in a while. [b]Texas State, McNeese, UTSA,[/b][b] schools like that have taken over.[/b]
[/quote]

Really? Come on now.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="994427" timestamp="1302215063"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=82686.msg994406#msg994406 date=1302211175]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=82686.msg994403#msg994403 date=1302210977]
[/quote]

[/quote]

In the Big 12, no one wants to play at Tech. Knight has a chance to turn Lamar into THE Southland school.. Something it hasn't been in a while. [b]Texas State, McNeese, UTSA,[/b][b] schools like that have taken over.[/b]
[/quote]

Really? Come on now.
[/quote]

What?

Speaking of Texas State ... It seems like it would be SO easy to recruit kids to San Marcos. Take them to the river on a Saturday in the summer and let them see the "benefits" :D BAM they sign the next day lol.

I know I would have!

[quote name="LCM2LU" post="994540" timestamp="1302270948"]
Speaking of Texas State ... It seems like it would be SO easy to recruit kids to San Marcos. Take them to the river on a Saturday in the summer and let them see the "benefits" :D BAM they sign the next day lol.
I know I would have!
[/quote]

No kidding...That and the fact that its a short drive north to one of the great college party towns in Austin and a shorter trip south to SA.

[quote name="LCM2LU" post="994540" timestamp="1302270948"]
Speaking of Texas State ... It seems like it would be SO easy to recruit kids to San Marcos. [b]Take them to the river on a Saturday in the summer and let them see the "benefits" :D BAM they sign the next day lol.[/b]

I know I would have!

[/quote]YESSIR!!!

I know there are alot of people who just want to be negative on here but I am very happy and excited about the hire. When I heard the candidates he was not on the top of my list, however, after hearing him talk and looking further in to what he did I think it was the perfect hire. With all the people he knows we will be able to attract better recruits and get more quality games. I look forward to seeing what he can do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin