• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="992886" timestamp="1301966256"]
Per PA News:

http://panews.com/sports/x1075328226/Pat-Knight-set-to-become-Lamar-coach
[/quote]

Alright, Pat. I want to be incorrect about what my instincts are telling me. Please prove me wrong.

[quote name="basketball25" post="992895" timestamp="1301968314"]
Also hearing that tic and cross will be on the staff!
[/quote]

If i was Cross, I'd think two or three times before accepting an asst. position here.  with what he is doing at LSCPA, I'm thinking he'll get better offers.

Let's all be honest, we will support the new coach who ever it is up until the first recruiting class is listed, the first schedule is released or the first open practice or game we see.  Then we will return to 2nd guessing the basketball brain trust at Lamar

[quote name="coachacola" post="992934" timestamp="1301973460"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82686.msg992929#msg992929 date=1301972643]
Just got confirmation from a Lamar source, it's Pat Knight.

Expect a news conference tomorrow.
[/quote]

Any details on his salary?  I'm thinking at least $150K with incentives.
[/quote]

Do not know of salary but I think that's fairly close.

Regardless of what we think of the choice (and I admit I am not high on it), for the immediate future the fortune of Pat Knight is tied to that of Lamar University.  That being the case, I wish him the best of luck and warmly welcome him to Southeast Texas.

Let's do this, Coach Knight!

Guest tamulonghorn
mistake imo...no success to speak of
lamar gotta realize that we are not big time
gotta have someone who can work with smaller recruiting budgets and knows how to and is willing to search the deep dark cornrs of texas for players regardless of classification

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="tamulonghorn" post="992952" timestamp="1301976354"]
mistake imo...no success to speak of
lamar gotta realize that we are not big time
gotta have someone who can work with smaller recruiting budgets and knows how to and is willing to search the deep dark cornrs of texas for players regardless of classification
[/quote]

So you are saying you would like LU to stay a mid-major for the entirety of its existence? 'Forget eventually being able to consistently compete with the Big 12, etc.  We want to be little ol' Lamar.'

Is that it, tamulonghorn?

Guest tamulonghorn
no i want lamar to recognize what it currently is and that is a bottom feeder in one of the worst conferences in america
lamar seems to always get caught up in names in hiring and big names dont equate to success at this level

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="geezer" post="992906" timestamp="1301969195"]
Let's all be honest, we will support the new coach who ever it is up until the first recruiting class is listed, the first schedule is released or the first open practice or game we see.  Then we will return to 2nd guessing the basketball brain trust at Lamar
[/quote]

. :D Parade ruiner! ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder