List of applicants for the Hamshire-Fannett Boy's Basketball Coaching Position

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="east texas bb" post="988266" timestamp="1301088851"]
The information act only requires for you to list the people who filled out an application.  If you just send a resume but not both them they probably didnt include you.
[/quote]Keep Hope Alive! ;D I feel a little better already.

Said back at the beginning of all of this to be careful what you wish for.  Not a lot of people are interested in a UOS program that doesnt pay very well.  good news is that whoever gets there really would like an opportunity to have their first head varsity coaching job.

Tim Davis is from HJ I believe.  He did a good job when he coached at Sabine.  Went to Regionals and then had some trouble with parents or admin. which usually happens if you are not at the right place. And there are not too many right places to build a program left.  I dont know the entire story so I may be wrong, I just know Sabine was not very good and he came in a did a good job with them. I would think he would be a good fit if he wanted the position.  I also think there are alot of people that could do a good job they just need the opportunity.  Alot about finding a coaching position is who you know and having a little luck.  If you have a coach that will teach skills to K-12 and will be left alone to do the things he needs to do to teach these skills, you can win, if the coach knows what he is doing.  JMO  And I may be wrong about what happened with Coach Davis at Sabine, I just know he did a good job, and his teams played a good brand of basketball. I watched them in a Fall League a few times.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="989193" timestamp="1301318328"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=82204.msg989053#msg989053 date=1301265764]
Hope coach Bates gets the job
[/quote]Thanks Damien ;D  jabu84, why would you say Damien would be good for this job?
[/quote]
Real cute dove... coach bates do not play favorites and he get after kids if they are not playing to their full ability. If not you are playing summer ball with aau team then you better be at open gym after football workouts. you will find a hard time finding the floor durning basketball season.

[quote name="jabu84" post="989308" timestamp="1301330996"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=82204.msg989193#msg989193 date=1301318328]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=82204.msg989053#msg989053 date=1301265764]
Hope coach Bates gets the job
[/quote]Thanks Damien ;D  jabu84, why would you say Damien would be good for this job?
[/quote]
Real cute dove... coach bates do not play favorites and he get after kids if they are not playing to their full ability. If not you are playing summer ball with aau team then you better be at open gym after football workouts. you will find a hard time finding the floor durning basketball season.
[/quote]Sounds refreshing to me. Don't like coaches who play favorites either. But his JV team didn't too well did it?

[quote name="stevenash" post="989312" timestamp="1301331899"]
[quote author=snooker link=topic=82204.msg989311#msg989311 date=1301331841]
this could be a good job ... i like the kids i saw , i just dont know what goes on ' behind the scenes' over there. ... they look like a good mixture of height and speed tho
[/quote]

UOS
[/quote]I think HF might be the biggest team again this year but you saw where that got us by the end of the season. This years team should be faster with a few additions from JV.

Guest Ricthepic
I too, like many do not have a dog in the fight, but Coach Isaacs from Spurger would make an excellent choice for HF. He has taken a program that was treading water a few years ago and transformed the Pirates into a state ranked program. He has done it with discipline and hard work. His teams are always prepared and well coached. You have to beat them, they will not beat themselves. They're trip tho Austin and the State Tournament 2 years ago is just one example of his ability to lead a program. And this year, after being hit hard by graduation, he gets the Pirates into the Regional Quarterfinals. I have never spoken to anyone who has anything bad to say about Coach Isaacs. He is fine coach and a better person. My 2 cents.

[quote name="Ricthepic" post="989359" timestamp="1301335468"]
I too, like many do not have a dog in the fight, but Coach Isaacs from Spurger would make an excellent choice for HF. He has taken a program that was treading water a few years ago and transformed the Pirates into a state ranked program. He has done it with discipline and hard work. His teams are always prepared and well coached. You have to beat them, they will not beat themselves. They're trip tho Austin and the State Tournament 2 years ago is just one example of his ability to lead a program. And this year, after being hit hard by graduation, he gets the Pirates into the Regional Quarterfinals. I have never spoken to anyone who has anything bad to say about Coach Isaacs. He is fine coach and a better person. My 2 cents.
[/quote]

Could not have said it better myself. Coach Isaacs is a good one and would have my endorsement for the HF job. I believe he would do quite well wherever he goes.

[quote name="Ricthepic" post="989359" timestamp="1301335468"]
[/quote]Thanks Coach ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="989364" timestamp="1301336347"]
[quote author=Ricthepic link=topic=82204.msg989359#msg989359 date=1301335468]
[/quote]

Could not have said it better myself. Coach Isaacs is a good one and would have my endorsement for the HF job. I believe he would do quite well wherever he goes.
[/quote]And thank you Coach's  expert

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder