Lumberton Soccer Players Fueled By Brothers

Direct play is in fact a part of soccer when available.  If not, then it should be easily defended.  However, of the 6 games i have seen him play, i have only seen 2 breakaways over the last defender.  He has scored 95% with the ball at his feet and beating the last or last two defenders.  Scoring in the game of soccer is also one the hardest things to accomplish in sports, so i believe a great deal of credit needs to be given for his ability to finish as well.  Slick, you should consider changing your name to Sour5.

It's all soccer.  Like a wise man once said, "Never make an excuse for a loss, and never apologize for a victory."  The same can be said for scoring a goal.  
I remember scrimmaging Lumberton a few years ago; we DOMINATED possesion and strung a dozen passes together a couple of times but couldn't score. Towards the end of the first half, Lumberton got a break-away counter attack and scored on their first shot of the game.  Final score of the scrimmage: Lumberton 1 Nederland 0.
Until they put judges out there, the bottom line is the bottom line: score more goals than the other team.  Besides, if scoring a goal was easy, they'd call the sport baskeball.

It's going down to the last match.  We're 7-3-5 in district and currently tied for 3rd with the 5th place team only a point behind us.  If we secure a point on Tuesday against the 1st place team, then we're in.  It's been a crazy district campaign.  Just two weeks ago we were in 6th place.
It's been a bit of a rebuilding process.  I took over a program that finished in 7th place last year and hadn't been to play-offs in five years.  We only start 4 seniors, so we battle inconsistency from time to time, but hopefully the future is bright.
Good to see you guys continue to churn out the victories.  Good luck in the play-offs.

[quote name="slick5" post="985948" timestamp="1300638019"]
At least we are not known for[color=red][b] [i]just[/i][/b][/color] long balls!!
[/quote]
If you look at Coach L's signature, you'll see that they're known for something more than [color=red][i][b]just[/b][/i][/color] long balls...

[quote name="Bon_Mot" post="985954" timestamp="1300638944"]
[quote author=slick5 link=topic=81890.msg985948#msg985948 date=1300638019]
At least we are not known for[color=red][b] [i]just[/i][/b][/color] long balls!!
[/quote]
If you look at Coach L's signature, you'll see that they're known for something more than [color=red][i][b]just[/b][/i][/color] long balls...
[/quote]

Well we got a new coach this year and in his first year he has us as co district champs! Which has never been done in Livingston. Its not going to be quite so easy for Lumberton any more.

[quote name="slick5" post="985979" timestamp="1300644202"]
[quote author=Bon_Mot link=topic=81890.msg985954#msg985954 date=1300638944]
[quote author=slick5 link=topic=81890.msg985948#msg985948 date=1300638019]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Well we got a new coach this year and in his first year he has us as co district champs! Which has never been done in Livingston. Its not going to be quite so easy for Lumberton any more.
[/quote]

Lumberton Raider Soccer
12 District Championships
18 Consecutive Years in the Playoffs

In case you missed it!      8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder