10u Softball

Who is the best 10u team in southeast texas?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best 10u team in southeast texas?

• Bayou Bats
    • Mid County MOJO
    • unLeeshed
    • Orange Crush
    • OOC
    • Young Guns

01sNanan,

Sorry if I'm misreading this, but your pride in your team makes your post appear to read somewhat disrespectful to the players of the teams that earned the places they got in the tournament.   In my book, there's only one correct way to say you played in the "championship game" - - actually get there!    So I feel compelled to stick up for my OOC girls of half 9 and half 10 year olds because they unquestionably earned the right to be in the "championship game".  They have been working hard for this.  And they handidly swept the winners bracket by scoring 31 runs for, and only allowed 5 against.  I think people saw - they will flat out hit the ball!

And if you were there for the championship game (your score is completely inaccurrate by the way) you know what happened immediately before the game started - not making excuses - but the kids heads were clearly with their teammate that got carted off to the hospital (fractured cheekbone & nose), and it took them the 1st inning to get the game face back on (something we hope they learned from - mental part of the game).  The remaining innings was a 2-1 game.  We will search for the Wrath at upcoming tourneys so we can play them again.  The Wrath is a good ball club and we will welcome another opportunity.

OOC is thankful for all the many, many calls/emails/texts we've gotten from folks asking how our 1st baseman was doing.  I know her parents appreciated the thoughts as well.  The softball family in the area really came out this past week from multiple concerned coaches and others from the other teams.  Although some scary injuries, she is doing quite well all things considered - this kid is as tough as they come.

Bottom line - Houston West U Wrath deserved to win 1st, Out Of Control deserved to win 2nd, and Orange Crush deserved to win 3rd.  And there was lots of good ball to watch this weekend along the way by every team at the tourney.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Raider9900" post="991497" timestamp="1301680867"]
01sNanan,

Sorry if I'm misreading this, but your pride in your team makes your post appear to read somewhat disrespectful to the players of the teams that earned the places they got in the tournament.   In my book, there's only one correct way to say you played in the "championship game" - - actually get there!    So I feel compelled to stick up for my OOC girls of half 9 and half 10 year olds because they unquestionably earned the right to be in the "championship game".  They have been working hard for this.  And they handidly swept the winners bracket by scoring 31 runs for, and only allowed 5 against.  I think people saw - they will flat out hit the ball!

And if you were there for the championship game (your score is completely inaccurrate by the way) you know what happened immediately before the game started - not making excuses - but the kids heads were clearly with their teammate that got carted off to the hospital (fractured cheekbone & nose), and it took them the 1st inning to get the game face back on (something we hope they learned from - mental part of the game).  The remaining innings was a 2-1 game.  We will search for the Wrath at upcoming tourneys so we can play them again.  The Wrath is a good ball club and we will welcome another opportunity.

OOC is thankful for all the many, many calls/emails/texts we've gotten from folks asking how our 1st baseman was doing.  I know her parents appreciated the thoughts as well.  The softball family in the area really came out this past week from multiple concerned coaches and others from the other teams.  Although some scary injuries, she is doing quite well all things considered - this kid is as tough as they come.

Bottom line - Houston West U Wrath deserved to win 1st, Out Of Control deserved to win 2nd, and Orange Crush deserved to win 3rd.  And there was lots of good ball to watch this weekend along the way by every team at the tourney.
[/quote]

Agreed,

Guest 01sNanan
Raider9900
  This was not at all any disrespect to your team. Never once was your team or girls spoken about in a bad way. In fact it was only positive. If you look down to CHAMPOINSHP GAME Houston Wrath vs. OOC, Not one nevative word was spoken of your team or girls. I did see your player get hit. She was bleeding on 1st baseline before the game started, then driven by cart out of Ford Park. I do also remember your Coaches, Houston Coaches, and a Bayou Bats Coach on the field checking on her. I am sure it was devistating for your girls as expeced, and my heart goes out to your player. All are out here for the kids, very sorry to here of her injuries. The injured child has a great team and parents. Never once took away anything from your team, just supported the team, girls, coaches and parents. Never said any other team deserved to be in any other placement at the end of the tournament.
My opinion of the most intense, sit on the end of your seat, game from both teams throughout this tournament was the Houston Wrath vs. Bayou Bats 1st bracket game. With this said Championship Games are not ever normally close. There is normally better games throughout any tournament or playoffs in every sport. Still NOT refering to your team or game, this is in general. Anyone who has played, coached, or watched any sport can relate to the statement "Championship Game" that really wasn't the 1st and 2nd place teams.

Your team, parents, nor coaches were never disrespected in any way in my post. There was only good to say about OOC.

By the way I don't have a team. I love Golden Triangle sports and call it how I see it. Hands down Houston Wrath was the best team there. If you are looking for Wrath, they are in Pasadena next weekend, Splindora the following weekend they skip a weekend then are back in Beaumont. No need to look for them now. You know what tournaments they are in in April. Houston area isn't like Beaumont nor LA. tournaments, they are all equal to or better than Wrath. Last weekend was Wrath's first time to win a tournament. Hope to see OOC in some Houston area tournaments next month.

AGAIN, KUDDOS TO OOC!!!

AGAIN, very proud of all the Golden Triangle teams. Can not wait to see these kids at the High School level.

I would never take anything from any team, And didn't. You did misunderstand totally and seems you didn't read past the first sentence. I praised every Coach and their spostsmanship except one. Every parent and young lady that played this weekend was given a huge great job from my post! Yes I do love to watch the Bayou Bats, who don't? But there were no excuses from them nor for them from anyone. They sat through the Championship supporting our area girls (YOUR TEAM).

This is why I love to watch them play, they care for every girl. Not just their own. And very exciting to watch, winning or losing!! Bayou Bats are also entered in all three tournaments Wrath are in  for April. All three are still open for teams, Come on Golden Triangle come to Houston area. It's worth it!!
Instead of bickering on these pages the area teams should be playing/scrimmaging/supporting each other to better their girls and get to know our area teams better. If impossible, Someone hold a first annual 10u area teams ONLY tournament, this would fix this childish talking about 1o year old young ladies and who is the best team.

At what point in any of your posts did you praise any area team? NONE!!!! I did, and you picked one sentence and took it as a personal attack! Read all that was said about all girls and then read your reply to me. It is very sad to me, no one else made excuses for their teams loss. No one ever said you didn't deserve to be there.

[quote name="01sNanan" post="991322" timestamp="1301643560"]
I was at this Tournament all weekend and have to say the best game (Champoinship Game) was the first bracket game, Houston Wrath vs. Bayou Bats. This game was 0-0 through the entire game with excellent sportsmanship from all on both sides. Both teams made unbelieveable plays and the final score was 2-0 in the last inning Houston Wrath took it.

First I want to say to #7 (Houston Wrath Pitcher) who's pitching hand was injured by a line drive in the first inning by the second batter for the Bayou Bats. This child had to leave and go to the hospital. She returned later in the day with three fingers sprained,  #7 did not play the rest of Sat. Her three fingers were black with bruising.  Sunday morning #7 was on the mound again with her swollen bruised fingers and pitched every game Sunday all the way through the Championship game! #7 you are one tough kid with a heart for your team and SOFTBALL!!!

4th place game Houston Wrath vs. Bayou Bats final 4-0. Bayou Bats lost both of their bracket  games to Houston Wrath. In these two games combined Boyou Bats only gave up six runs. Love waching the Bayou Bats play. These girls have fun, play hard, smile, and Coaches are having a blast! It brings a smile to your face and heart to sit back and see the love on this field. All their parents sit together, they chant for their girls together. The Coaches can say one word to the fans and the entire bleachers scream a kids nickname. Not one girl on his team is called by their name, all nicknames! Coaches smiling and jumping around in joy for their girls it doesnt matter if they hit a homerun or strikeout! AND EVERYONE KNOWS WHEN BAYOU BATS ENTER THE PARK WITH THEIR MOTORIZED CART/ BAT BAG HOLDER/ STEREO ALL IN ONE. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

[b] 3rd place game Houston Wrath vs. Orange Crush 18-1. First off I would like to speak on behalf of the Golden Triangle. All of our girls are a joy to watch and can't wait to see these kids at the High School level, they are talented and have heart. With that said it was a total embarassment to see the Orange Crush Coach charge the Wrath Coach yelling and making a complete fool of himself in front of everyone. Reason?? He thought they should have let up on the score. REALLY??? We are all role models for these girls. Well if this is a role model I hope to NEVER see him again and hope my team nor anyone else's team are ever exposed this pitiful excuss for a role model again.  Nothing taken from the kids on Orange Crush at all. They are great kids and play hard. Huge THANK YOU to Houston Wrath Coach who walked away. Just being from this area it was a terrible embarassment to all of us and especially his girls and any other child that had to witness this. Umpires should have banned this guy from EVER stepping foot in Ford Park again.[/b] Championship game, Houston Wrath vs. OOC final score can't remember exact score but was Houston Wrath by at least 15 runs. KUDOS to OOC out of Lumberton for never giving up and all fans and Coaches showing great sportsmanship throughout whole tournament. PROUD OF YOU GIRLS!!

GOLDEN TRIANGLE BE PROUD OF THESE COACHES AND THEIR ASSISTANT COACHES FOR ALL THEY DO. THEY PUT MANY HOURS INTO THESE GIRLS TO TEACH THEM NOT ONLY SOFTBALL, BUT RESPECT, TEAMWORK, HARDWORK, AND MOST OF ALL IT'S NOT IF YOU WIN OR LOSE IT IS HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. THE GIRLS WILL CHERISH THESE MEMORIES THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

Bayou Bats-Jeff Boudreaux/Jennifer Bramblett, Orange Crush-Codi Trahan, Unleeshed-Steven,  Out Of Control-Lumberton Coaches, Mid-Co Mojo- Nederland Coaches:  STAND UP COACHES GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP Y'ALL CONTINUE TO MAKE A DIFFERANCE IN ALL OF THESE YOUNG LADIES LIVES!!!!
[/quote]

Wow!  This tourney didn't even break even if EVERYBODY played in the championship!???

01sNanan - First of all I don't have a daughter in this age group or playing now so I have no personal heart ache here, but I do have a little experience and insight.  I think your bashing of this Orange Crush coach is a little misguided.  An 18-1 10U game with the leading team still stealing home?  Really?  And the point to this was?  The REAL embarrassement are folks who want to preach morals, sportsmanship, and role models only to show none of these things themselves. 
  As a parent you can't always be there every minute 24-7 so ANYBODY that I entrust my 10 year old daughter to I would want them to always have her back and stand up for her.  I would demand it.  Sounds to me like the OC coach did just that...stood up for his girls when others forgot what it was all about.  You're efforts are to turn people "the good people of the golden triangle" against this coach.  Hell, if I had a 10U daughter this is the type of guy who I'd want mine playing for! 

You probably didn't really mean any harm, but my gut feeling is you're a mom (or grandmom) who this 10u player is your first softball experience.

01sNanan,

No excuses for my teams only loss.  I think I even used the words like "no excuses."   They broke down in 1 inning and the best team won (that's the mental part I mentioned and we keep trying to work hard with the girls).  So not sure where you got that.  We are still proud of them.  I also said all the teams in the tourney did well.  Go read it again.  I was impressed with the play this weekend.  I'm friends with most of the other coaches.   So it's nice to see them all keep getting better and better.  And thanks for all the advise on how to pick a tournament to play in.  I did not know that in my third year coaching a 10U travel team that plays nearly all of our tournaments in Houston ::)   But honestly, most people can read right through your original post.  As much as I'd like to respond to your last post in detail, I won't.   See you at the fields.

Guest 01sNanan
Raider9900.        No I do not have a child nor any relation to any team in this area. Only from here and scout for a college. Like I said your team and all others did great.

And to the guy taking up for the Orange Crush Coach, there is a difference in taking up for your kids and trying to fight a coach in the middle of a game. If you have Coached this age group you never take their bats out of their hands, nor make them quit playing. There is sportsmanship for sure but you obviously have never even seen the way this guy coaches, screams harshly at his own kids, throws a fit like a baby. But he would never do what he physically demanded of the other coach.
I hope the ooc 1st baseman makes a speedy recovery and gets back out there soon!

Guest 01sNanan
1st year, bahaaa funny guy. And I will praise every coach and kid every tournament. But trying to start a physical fight with children around, is no role model here. No I do not have any relation to anyone, just good coaches, teams and most of all the kids. As a college player, coach, and scout. I will say it again and again, disgrace to our community. Also this isn't the first time for this guy, he has punched dugouts, physically got in fights with his own coaches during a 8u game. So if you praise this behavior, I feel sorry for you and yours.

Great job all Golden Triangle girls! Keep it up!

O1sNanan,

Cool.   I can appreciate that.  One note - I never said you had a kid playing in 10U.   Please, at the next tourney, come introduce yourself as I know I have some very talented 9 & 10 year olds that I'd like for you to watch.   The work you do for our kids is extremely important.  Since you are a college recruiter, how did 12U and 14U do?   What specifically did you like about those groups as we'd really like to see our GT kids get noticed?  My other daughter is one of them in the older age groups, so I'm very interested in how the scouting went and your thoughts.

01sNanan,
WOW!!!  You are a gifted scout!  Able to scout 10 year olds while creating a colorful, although grammatically incorrect narrative!!

I was at the OC/Wrath game and did not see any of the things you described:  "trying to start a physical fight with children around, take their bats out of their hands, nor make them quit playing, this guy coaches, screams harshly at his own kids, throws a fit like a baby. But he would never do what he physically demanded of the other coach."

Maybe multi-tasking isn't your thing...either scout or write fiction...but, please don't combine the two!  ;D

Guest 01sNanan
First off I never said he asked to take the bats out of the kids hands nor quit playing. It was a statement. You never take the bat out of a kids hands when they are hot, nor do you get them to quit playing a game because you are beating someone. Reason, they have more games to play back to back. You keep them hot for the next game. A respectable way to not hurt your own team is to just leave a bag early. With that said no lead is too big in 10u. These girls can crumble any moment and allow 20 runs in one inning. Bottom line, teach your kids to be prideful winners and losers. And if you knew anything about scouting 10u is the perfect age to catch upcoming talent. 12-14u is not where you start it's where you follow the stand out kids. Then you pick them up and play hard ball as a scout. Scouting these young girls should make you happy to know that they are already being looked at. Maybe you should realize these are blogs and not novels.
Your coach was upset because of the other team still playing ball. He did in fact get face to face with the Wrath coach because they were stealing bases with a big lead. It's called softball!! The physical fights and punching dugouts was not at this game as I already said. The Wrath coach asked a group of men to walk him to his car because he was unsure if OC coach was still out there after the Championship game.
Don't even begin to believe I am the only scout. They were others there as well.

Guest 01sNanan
Raider9900
GT Shockers, absolutely have watched them since 10u. A lot of talent that is followed. UIL will not allow me to tell anyone at this age I am a scout. You have seen me many times Coach! In fact you coached a GT Shockers team. Also the other GT Shockers team. I love this area because I am from here. The talent is amazing at the 10u level. Natural ability is noticed at this age. Then between the ages of 12u-16u there are so many that quit that it is a waste of time to start there. Your team is being seen, all area teams are being seen. Then the kids are followed through High School. You know as well as I you can't speak to any kid until they are a JR. You would be totally amazed at the talent that quits because of Coaching. This is the disturbing part for me. Please look back at the post that upset you. Nothing was taken from your girls or you at all. It was a pleasure to watch all the kids and Coaches, but one. If people don't like just about everyones outlook on this Coach, I don't care. But when your kid never wants to play again because of Coaches like him, blame yourself. It is not just a game you are teaching these girls, every one of you Coaches know this, but you have to lead by example.

01sNanan.  KUDOS TO YOU! I feel the same for the area girls, Coaches, Parents, and also witnessed the same you did from the OC coach. All I can say is some wear blinders!
OOC great job and hope your player gets well soon.
I am a Coach for a 10u team that played at Ford Park this weekend so I am not speaking on what is being twisted around by a blind reader.  There is a lot of talent in our area and the girls made us proud this weekend showing it.
Raider9900
I read your posts over and over and nowhere did you say anything about any other team doing  anything but yours. Which is fine, but don't pick apart a long post from someone praising all of our girls (and you) on a great job then twist it to something that wasn't said.

So all this started with one simple question. Who is the best 10u team in our area? Well that question is still to be answered. Until every area team plays each other we won't know. I know for a fact not one team can say that from this weekend. My team beat every area team except two, we did not face those two teams. So still unknown!

Congratulations to all teams! The best team at the tournament came in first place! Enough said! You parents and coaches should be proud there are scouts watching. They are at every tournament we have ever been to. If that is weird to you give this a shot. Call a D-1 school and tell them how great your kid is starting now and continue for the next 8 to 9 years and see if they ever show up.. Nope, never gonna happen. I am very happy to see scouts at 10u tournaments, as all of you should.     

And totally agree never take a bat out of a kids hand or quit playing. Part of softball and life is winning and losing. It shouldn't matter if it's by one run or 20 runs. How we react to both situations is what makes us respectable or not. Teaching the girls to be great winners and losers is what makes a real role model. 

[quote name="Slam14" post="991613" timestamp="1301695522"]
[quote author=01sNanan link=topic=81836.msg991322#msg991322 date=1301643560]
I was at this Tournament all weekend and have to say the best game (Champoinship Game) was the first bracket game, Houston Wrath vs. Bayou Bats. This game was 0-0 through the entire game with excellent sportsmanship from all on both sides. Both teams made unbelieveable plays and the final score was 2-0 in the last inning Houston Wrath took it.

First I want to say to #7 (Houston Wrath Pitcher) who's pitching hand was injured by a line drive in the first inning by the second batter for the Bayou Bats. This child had to leave and go to the hospital. She returned later in the day with three fingers sprained,  #7 did not play the rest of Sat. Her three fingers were black with bruising.  Sunday morning #7 was on the mound again with her swollen bruised fingers and pitched every game Sunday all the way through the Championship game! #7 you are one tough kid with a heart for your team and SOFTBALL!!!

4th place game Houston Wrath vs. Bayou Bats final 4-0. Bayou Bats lost both of their bracket  games to Houston Wrath. In these two games combined Boyou Bats only gave up six runs. Love waching the Bayou Bats play. These girls have fun, play hard, smile, and Coaches are having a blast! It brings a smile to your face and heart to sit back and see the love on this field. All their parents sit together, they chant for their girls together. The Coaches can say one word to the fans and the entire bleachers scream a kids nickname. Not one girl on his team is called by their name, all nicknames! Coaches smiling and jumping around in joy for their girls it doesnt matter if they hit a homerun or strikeout! AND EVERYONE KNOWS WHEN BAYOU BATS ENTER THE PARK WITH THEIR MOTORIZED CART/ BAT BAG HOLDER/ STEREO ALL IN ONE. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

[b] 3rd place game Houston Wrath vs. Orange Crush 18-1. First off I would like to speak on behalf of the Golden Triangle. All of our girls are a joy to watch and can't wait to see these kids at the High School level, they are talented and have heart. With that said it was a total embarassment to see the Orange Crush Coach charge the Wrath Coach yelling and making a complete fool of himself in front of everyone. Reason?? He thought they should have let up on the score. REALLY??? We are all role models for these girls. Well if this is a role model I hope to NEVER see him again and hope my team nor anyone else's team are ever exposed this pitiful excuss for a role model again.  Nothing taken from the kids on Orange Crush at all. They are great kids and play hard. Huge THANK YOU to Houston Wrath Coach who walked away. Just being from this area it was a terrible embarassment to all of us and especially his girls and any other child that had to witness this. Umpires should have banned this guy from EVER stepping foot in Ford Park again.[/b] Championship game, Houston Wrath vs. OOC final score can't remember exact score but was Houston Wrath by at least 15 runs. KUDOS to OOC out of Lumberton for never giving up and all fans and Coaches showing great sportsmanship throughout whole tournament. PROUD OF YOU GIRLS!!

GOLDEN TRIANGLE BE PROUD OF THESE COACHES AND THEIR ASSISTANT COACHES FOR ALL THEY DO. THEY PUT MANY HOURS INTO THESE GIRLS TO TEACH THEM NOT ONLY SOFTBALL, BUT RESPECT, TEAMWORK, HARDWORK, AND MOST OF ALL IT'S NOT IF YOU WIN OR LOSE IT IS HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. THE GIRLS WILL CHERISH THESE MEMORIES THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

Bayou Bats-Jeff Boudreaux/Jennifer Bramblett, Orange Crush-Codi Trahan, Unleeshed-Steven,  Out Of Control-Lumberton Coaches, Mid-Co Mojo- Nederland Coaches:  STAND UP COACHES GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP Y'ALL CONTINUE TO MAKE A DIFFERANCE IN ALL OF THESE YOUNG LADIES LIVES!!!!
[/quote]

Wow!  This tourney didn't even break even if EVERYBODY played in the championship!???

01sNanan - First of all I don't have a daughter in this age group or playing now so I have no personal heart ache here, but I do have a little experience and insight.  I think your bashing of this Orange Crush coach is a little misguided.   An 18-1 10U game with the leading team still stealing home?  Really?  And the point to this was?  The REAL embarrassement are folks who want to preach morals, sportsmanship, and role models only to show none of these things themselves.  
 As a parent you can't always be there every minute 24-7 so ANYBODY that I entrust my 10 year old daughter to I would want them to always have her back and stand up for her.  I would demand it.  Sounds to me like the OC coach did just that...stood up for his girls when others forgot what it was all about.  You're efforts are to turn people "the good people of the golden triangle" against this coach.  heck, if I had a 10U daughter this is the type of guy who I'd want mine playing for!  

You probably didn't really mean any harm, but my gut feeling is you're a mom (or grandmom) who this 10u player is your first softball experience.

[/quote]

Really 18-1   Stealing home up 18-1....what comes around goes around!  Sounds like a team trying to embarrass another.  Somewhere down the line of all the tournaments that you play in you will find as a team that some people NEVER forget.  As for the coach wanting to fight.....sounds like he just wanted to voice his displeasure with the other coaches.  Enjoy the 10U and 12U years because when the teams get older it gets to be cut-throat out there!  Hope you all have a great summer!

Sorry - I call BS!!!!

[quote name="01sNanan" post="991724" timestamp="1301703465"]
........ No I do not have any relation to anyone, just good coaches, teams and most of all the kids. [color=red]As a college player, coach, and scout[/color]........[/quote]
You claim to be a former College player, now a Coach and a scout....  Sorry - I don't know any College softball scouts, unless they ARE a Coach, and they don't call themselves SCOUT - Their business card says COACH!!!

[quote author=01sNanan link=topic=81836.msg991707#msg991707 date=1301702639]
Raider9900.        No I do not have a child nor any relation to any team in this area. Only from here and [color=red]scout for a college[/color].........[/quote]
Ditto - scout or COACH?

[quote author=01sNanan link=topic=81836.msg991986#msg991986 date=1301719641]
........And if you knew anything about scouting 10u is the perfect age to catch upcoming talent. [color=red]12-14u is not where you start it's where you follow the stand out kids.[/color] Then you pick them up and play hard ball as a scout. Scouting these young girls should make you happy to know that they are already being looked at........[/quote]
SO - If so many quit between 12-16, why would want to invest all that time "scouting" kids that more likely than not are going to quit, and not be around when you get ready to make offers? Sounds like a waste of valuable budget and "scouting" time for a college.....

[quote author=01sNanan link=topic=81836.msg991991#msg991991 date=1301721406]
........[color=red][b]UIL[/b] will not allow me to tell anyone at this age I am a scout.[/color].......

........Natural ability is noticed at this age. [color=red]Then between the ages of 12u-16u there are so many that quit that it is a waste of time to start there[/color]........  You know as well as I you can't speak to any kid until they are a JR. You would be totally amazed at the talent that quits because of Coaching......... [/quote]
Wait - Are you a HS "scout" or a college "scout"?  Because I think even 10U parents know UIL and TAPPS are the regulating bodies for Texas High School sports, and the NCAA / NAIA / NJCAA are the regulating bodies for Collegiate sports.

Sorry - there are just too many shady statements here for me to believe you are even associated with a college, much less a "scout".  Looks to me like you are just on here to start something, and I call BS !!!

01sNanan, for the record, I have never coached with the Shockers, just correcting that statement from you.  And if you liked the 10U Shockers from last year, then you should also check out the Beaumont Blast since the majority of that team is now with the Blast in 12u.  The 12u Blast had a good weekend at the FSOT tourney - they went pretty deep in the tourney.

Guest tappedout
Personally, I believe OOC has good pitching and are a very good hitting team. Bayou Bat's has good pitching and fielding but do not swing the bat's very well. But in this age group thing's change from week to week. I knew OOC could swing the bat's real well but did not realize that they had the pitching to go with it. Their coach is very calm and appear's to do a very good job with them. Boudreaux does a very good job with his team. But people don't get pulled into to all of this by this former player/scout who is one of the Bayou Bat's asst coaches. It was pretty easy to realize that she was trying to show how everyone else got blown out by the Wrath except them. OOC and the Bayou Bat's will have plenty of times to play this season to see who is better.  Good luck to all.

Tappedout I am them co manager with Boudreaux, not a scout. Not a college coach. I work for a local refinery and coach my daughter for fun. Have been doing it for 6 years. So count me out of your assumptions. We never talked about any team. We all supported all of our local teams. As a adult no one should speak of any kids weaknesses at a 10u age. Yes we did not play at all as well as normal. We never said a word. And all college coaches and players scout. Except the head coach. They step in at signing the line time. How exactly can you scout for high school? They go to school where they live. Have to laugh at the posts from the individual with WO-S picture and speaking of sportsmanship on not running a score up. WO-S really? All players did well, it was great to see everyone from this area, but to read these posts about kids is sad. We can't help who follows our team, but we take them to college camps all the time. My girls can hit, my girls can play unstoppable defense, and actually pitching its the weakest part of us untill July. I do believe we should all ban together to cheer these girls on, to scrimmage and let all know we are in this together. We never get to see any area teams because we don't play here or around here. So it was nice, but after reading all this it's way better to play ball against all top knotch teams who have fun, still support each other and don't talk about your kids. If you actually read the post you are allupsetabout,nothing was taken from any of us, except Toomey. Everyone has their opinion.But don't throw me in this blaming me. I know kids from every team and cheer them all on,we have parents from all these teams calling to be on our team. And coaches from our area calling my girls wanting them on theirs.well I have had my BCOF girls for years and they are going no where so give it up! Good luck to all, hope next time we all met everyone can be there and support the girls and their best intrests. Raider9900 you said in one of your posts you would be looking for Wrath.Well all 01sNanan informed you of was where there were, not telling you how coach. This is just sad.... Good Luck to all! Bayou Bats girls love you and keep it up. No need to say a word, we will show your skills and sticks on the diamond.. can't wait to play all teams. We are great winners and losers.

Guest tappedout
Homerun, you are not the only asst coach and besides that, if you seen in my post I was talking about a girl. And yes she has gotten on here and pretended to be someone else but she forgot to hide her email address that listed her name. I'm not upset about anything or do I call girl's for any team to play as I am not a coach. So don't get on here and run your trap to me.

[quote name="Homerun322" post="992368" timestamp="1301862981"]
Have to laugh at the posts from the individual with WO-S [b][u]picture[/u][/b] and speaking of sportsmanship on not running a score up. [/quote]

Sorry Trout but I had to post one more time!

HR322 I beleive you mean pitcher and not picture.......  If you are confused I put the definitions of both below!

[size=14pt][b]Definition from Dictionary.com:[/b][/size]

[b]picture - noun - a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a painting, drawing, photograph, etc.:

Pitcher - noun - a person who pitches.[/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder