Any predictions for 22-3a next year?

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1024895" timestamp="1310696358"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1024855#msg1024855 date=1310690787]
the qb threw like 5 int's that game.. go figure. ya'll were playin a bunch of sophomore's, good job. lol i can see how you take so much from that. time will tell.
[/quote]

What else do I have to go off of. Ofcourse I take something from that it showed the out come of liberty's offence which returns a lot and Huffman's defense which returns a good portion. It don't matter if they were sophomores or not it is still the same players.  And did you ever think those 4 pics were because of the defense, Huffman did have over 20 of those last season.
[/quote]

my point is and was.. you're going off of your own opinions and expectations. In your post earlier you were saying how you're sure some kids.. (yet to hear any names or reasons why you're so sure they'll be so great) will fill in perfectly and huffman won't miss a beat. Seems more fantasy than reality to me. if that's the case.. i guess witwer julian deberry an the others were juss beneficiaries of a good system and coaching? make up your mind.. i can recall hearing how witwer was all-state and everything but God himself.. now that's he's gone, it was juss the system an his replacements are juss as good.. yeah ok, juss get back to me when yu figure out to state your opinions more concretely..

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dreski" post="1024855" timestamp="1310690787"]
the qb threw like 5 int's that game.. go figure. ya'll were playin a bunch of sophomore's, good job. lol i can see how you take so much from that. time will tell.
[/quote]
They were playing the "Varsity". How many Int's did you have against Huntington?

[quote name="89falcon" post="1024902" timestamp="1310697193"]
[/quote]
They were playing the "Varsity". How many Int's did you have against Huntington?
[/quote]

i personally didnt have any.. lol. nice try tho. go ask mr. fitzwater bout his int's, wasnt makin excuses for him just stating facts. 5 int's will leave a game pretty lop-sided.. anywho tho, huffman will be 3rd at best imo lol an i kno that'll eat at you until august so with that said.. thanx for the laugh an good night. haha

[quote name="dreski" post="1024900" timestamp="1310697013"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1024895#msg1024895 date=1310696358]
[/quote]

What else do I have to go off of. Ofcourse I take something from that it showed the out come of liberty's offence which returns a lot and Huffman's defense which returns a good portion. It don't matter if they were sophomores or not it is still the same players.  And did you ever think those 4 pics were because of the defense, Huffman did have over 20 of those last season.
[/quote]

my point is and was.. you're going off of your own opinions and expectations. In your post earlier you were saying how you're sure some kids.. (yet to hear any names or reasons why you're so sure they'll be so great) will fill in perfectly and huffman won't miss a beat. Seems more fantasy than reality to me. if that's the case.. i guess witwer julian deberry an the others were juss beneficiaries of a good system and coaching? make up your mind.. i can recall hearing how witwer was all-state and everything but God himself.. now that's he's gone, it was juss the system an his replacements are juss as good.. yeah ok, juss get back to me when yu figure out to state your opinions more concretely..
[/quote]

No I didn't say anything about a system don't know where that came from. I gave you some informaton on Huffman's program which has had recent success in making the playoffs, liberty's dosent. However if you want names I can do that too. We will start with rb darrian grey who as a freshman last year had 14 tds and close to 700 ap yards in 9 games. The we can go to klayton larson who averaged 6.26 yards per carry and lead the team in rushing.  So Cole harrel will take over as QB and will throw to kade hardy (14 catches), mathis mccloskey (16 catches) and darrian grey (34 catches). The wrs corp may nor be as experienced, because of the talent we had at wrs last year but they are plenty good enough. The defense will be lead by lb Austin weber (116 tackles) db Justin hobbs (82 tackles 3 pics) and dl dwayne mena (52 tackles).

There is no doubt that Huffman lost a boat load of talent, but there is plenty left.  I think liberty will stuggle they have an excellent wrs but an overrated QB who is inconsistent at best. He threw more pics last year 16 than he did tds. The wr Jones in most cases has to make great catches just to bail the QB out. Liberty also lost their 1600 yard rb who helped take some pressure of the passing game. Without someone to fill his shoes it won't be very hard for teams to stop 1 wr. It looks like your own opinions of liberty have blinded you. I guess your predictions are more dreams than possibilities.  

BTW nothing people such as you say on here will "eat at me" lol.  It's just a forum who cares, but keep going maybe we can get you banned again. Thank you sir for the many laughs that you provide.

Liberty is not the same team they were last year, they will be better... ~> experience <~ along with skill will help these upcoming juniors improve... i agree it will be tough for liberty to overtake coldspring for district all we can do is watch how it plays out and as for huffman they wont be near as good as they were last year but the wont completely fall off the radar either... they will compete for 2nd with liberty...
I Say 1.Coldspring 2.Liberty 3.Huffman

We shall see, but idt coldspring is as far ahead as some think they lost just as much as Huffman did. Yeah gillbert is back but they lost thier entire oline and the worhorse of the offense in Cummings.  Don't get me Wrong coldspring is still the favorite but not by much.  I still think liberty is overrated yeah they return a decent number of starters, but imo they lost the most important part that rb.  He was good enough defenses had to come up to stop the run which left Jones 1 one 1 and he will pretty much win that matchup everytime.  As I said before they have to haveore consistency from the QB and find some other weapons on offense other than Jones.

I think liberty wil complete with the mystery that is Cleveland for third, but that's about it. Coldspring and Huffman wil be 1 and 2.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1024997" timestamp="1310739360"]
We shall see, but idt coldspring is as far ahead as some think they lost just as much as Huffman did. Yeah gillbert is back but they lost thier entire oline and the worhorse of the offense in Cummings.  Don't get me Wrong coldspring is still the favorite but not by much.  I still think liberty is overrated yeah they return a decent number of starters, but imo they lost the most important part that rb.  He was good enough defenses had to come up to stop the run which left Jones 1 one 1 and he will pretty much win that matchup everytime.  As I said before they have to haveore consistency from the QB and find some other weapons on offense other than Jones.

I think liberty wil complete with the mystery that is Cleveland for third, but that's about it. Coldspring and Huffman wil be 1 and 2.

[/quote]

i was actually debating with three diff. huffman fans so i might not have been talking about your comments at that particular time.. think saying how good this new offense is pretty much qualifies as saying being the same thing as a good system but OK! as far as being banned, i made some immature an harsh negative comments in the post.. i've since grown.. lol but back to business! do you really wanna brag about a 6 yr run.. well a 3 an 3.. plz chill you're makin yourself look really simple! plz go research how many yrs n a row we made the playoffs.. run ended in 06 (yr i graduated) haha but ok.. an didnt liberty beat HUFFMAN in 09? so again explain to me y they're in "God mode" in 2011?? 15 yr boys grow into men.. keep that in mind.. the reciever you keep referring to (jones) was 15 yrs old 130 soak an wet.. you should see him now! haha.. BEAST! fitz has come a long way to.. did pretty good in college station in the 7 on 7 tourney.. made it to championship bracket where they lost to the runner-up by about 10.. who lost to the champs by 1.. progess an growth is what i call that.. did ya'll even make state? btw liberty was a RUNNING OFFENSE last yr.. 

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1024917" timestamp="1310702440"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1024900#msg1024900 date=1310697013]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1024895#msg1024895 date=1310696358]
[/quote]

What else do I have to go off of. Ofcourse I take something from that it showed the out come of liberty's offence which returns a lot and Huffman's defense which returns a good portion. It don't matter if they were sophomores or not it is still the same players.  And did you ever think those 4 pics were because of the defense, Huffman did have over 20 of those last season.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No I didn't say anything about a system don't know where that came from. I gave you some informaton on Huffman's program which has had recent success in making the playoffs, liberty's dosent. However if you want names I can do that too. We will start with rb darrian grey who as a freshman last year had 14 tds and close to 700 ap yards in 9 games. The we can go to klayton larson who averaged 6.26 yards per carry and lead the team in rushing.  So Cole harrel will take over as QB and will throw to kade hardy (14 catches), mathis mccloskey (16 catches) and darrian grey (34 catches). The wrs corp may nor be as experienced, because of the talent we had at wrs last year but they are plenty good enough. The defense will be lead by lb Austin weber (116 tackles) db Justin hobbs (82 tackles 3 pics) and dl dwayne mena (52 tackles).

There is no doubt that Huffman lost a boat load of talent, but there is plenty left.  I think liberty will stuggle they have an excellent wrs but an overrated QB who is inconsistent at best. He threw more pics last year 16 than he did tds. The wr Jones in most cases has to make great catches just to bail the QB out. Liberty also lost their 1600 yard rb who helped take some pressure of the passing game. Without someone to fill his shoes it won't be very hard for teams to stop 1 wr. It looks like your own opinions of liberty have blinded you. I guess your predictions are more dreams than possibilities.  

BTW nothing people such as you say on here will "eat at me" lol.  It's just a forum who cares, but keep going maybe we can get you banned again. Thank you sir for the many laughs that you provide.
[/quote]

6.26ypc on how many attempts? wow nice try.. add up all those receptions you mentioned an compare em to jones' receptions alone from last season.. next! i wont even get into all that.. im not saying liberty will win it all.. WONT HAPPEN.. but to call ppl crazy for saying liberty will finish ahead of huffman is.. crazy.. how ironic.. an if you think jones will win every one on one battle an he's the workhorse of the offense wit edwards gone.. y wont they be good? lol ok..

[quote name="dreski" post="1025172" timestamp="1310784837"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1024917#msg1024917 date=1310702440]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

6.26ypc on how many attempts? wow nice try.. add up all those receptions you mentioned an compare em to jones' receptions alone from last season.. next! i wont even get into all that.. im not saying liberty will win it all.. WONT HAPPEN.. but to call ppl crazy for saying liberty will finish ahead of huffman is.. crazy.. how ironic.. an if you think jones will win every one on one battle an he's the workhorse of the offense wit edwards gone.. y wont they be good? lol ok..
[/quote]

6.26 yards per carry on 78 carries most on the team. I didn't add up any receptions you asked for names and I gave you names along with thier catches for last year. Ofcourse they don't add up to Jones since Huffman had one of the best we corp in the area last year. That don't mean the backups dont have talent. I do think Jones will win a lot of one on one battles, but who is gonna match him up that way. Every team liberty plays next season will double Jones and force the QB to go somewhere else. Also idt a wr can be a "workhorse" of a team since they really only touch the ball maybe 10 times a game. Thats probably the reason that only one time NFL history a wr won an mvp award. The bottom line is Liberty will have to find someone else beside Jones to rely on.

Now I did not call anybody "crazy" for thinking teams will do better than Huffman. I have actually said the coldspring is the favorite. Nor did I brag about a 6 year run I was just trying to show the improvements made at Huffman in recent years. That's great you had a run that ended in 06 idt it really has anything to do with this season. Your run of not having a winning season since 2005 does tho. And yes liberty did beat Huffman in 09 actually over the year liberty has had Huffman's number alot. I forget in 09 did liberty make the playoffs? Cause Huffman did. Huffman is not in " god mode" as you say if they were they wouldn't have lost in the 2nd round, but they aren't having a weak year either. Im glad you can brag about making state in 7 on 7 good for you. However real football is played with pads its gets a lot different when someone can hit you lol.

I'm glad you have grown up so much since you were banned all of 10 months ago lol. Give me a break.  

[quote name="dreski" post="1025176" timestamp="1310785154"]
oh, an jones 1 on 1 consistently? watch the tape before you make comments like that please. just seems that way when the play is over.. haha!
[/quote]

Well he didn't do very much damage last year vs Huffman(3 rec for 25 yrds and 4 carries for 5 yrds) since liberty lost 56 to 7. I know i know the QB had 4 pics and cost you that game lol. Did you ever think that maybe those 4 pics were caused because your all everything wr couldn't get opened.

In fact aginst the three playoff teams liberty played last year (huffman, colsldspring, and wos) Jones was a combined 5 rec for 54 yrds and the QB threw a combined 8 pics. I guess the good teams figured out how to stop him.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1025181" timestamp="1310787023"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1025172#msg1025172 date=1310784837]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1024917#msg1024917 date=1310702440]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

6.26 yards per carry on 78 carries most on the team. I didn't add up any receptions you asked for names and I gave you names along with thier catches for last year. Ofcourse they don't add up to Jones since Huffman had one of the best we corp in the area last year. That don't mean the backups dont have talent. I do think Jones will win a lot of one on one battles, but who is gonna match him up that way. Every team liberty plays next season will double Jones and force the QB to go somewhere else. Also idt a wr can be a "workhorse" of a team since they really only touch the ball maybe 10 times a game. Thats probably the reason that only one time NFL history a wr won an mvp award. The bottom line is Liberty will have to find someone else beside Jones to rely on.

Now I did not call anybody "crazy" for thinking teams will do better than Huffman. I have actually said the coldspring is the favorite. Nor did I brag about a 6 year run I was just trying to show the improvements made at Huffman in recent years. That's great you had a run that ended in 06 idt it really has anything to do with this season. Your run of not having a winning season since 2005 does tho. And yes liberty did beat Huffman in 09 actually over the year liberty has had Huffman's number alot. I forget in 09 did liberty make the playoffs? Cause Huffman did. Huffman is not in " god mode" as you say if they were they wouldn't have lost in the 2nd round, but they aren't having a weak year either. Im glad you can brag about making state in 7 on 7 good for you. However real football is played with pads its gets a lot different when someone can hit you lol.

I'm glad you have grown up so much since you were banned all of 10 months ago lol. Give me a break.  
[/quote]

i believe i said grown since then not grown up.. there's a difference.. growin up has nothing to do with your maturity level.. an if its funny to you that i'm more mature now than i was a yr ago, laugh on. i'm fine with that. As i stated earlier i was debating with like 3 of you so if the shoe doesn't fit.. wow. i know you didn't add up the rec.. that's why i told you to.. so you could draw the same conclusion that i did.. THOSE STATS MEAN NOTHING. all that matters is what happens on the field this coming season so consider that the end of me addressing you about this subject. you don't seem to be gaining knowledge or understanding from anyone's comments. you just wait for someone to ride huffman then praise em for believing the same things you do. anyways tho.. jones plays wr.. he's a FOOTBALL PLAYER.. that's how he can be a WORKHORSE.. "time will tell." you talk about real football.. what credentials do you have? curious to know what you did on the field.. if you even played.. on 2nd thought.. really don't care. moving on.. and i believe making the playoffs 10-15 plus yrs in a row trumps an 3 and 3 "streak" you guys have.. until recently ya'll weren't even talked about when it came to sports.. maybe baseball. coincidently.. all those years you're referring to, i've been in the stands. im done with this tho.. fun while it lasted.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1025183" timestamp="1310787215"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1025176#msg1025176 date=1310785154]
oh, an jones 1 on 1 consistently? watch the tape before you make comments like that please. just seems that way when the play is over.. haha!
[/quote]

Well he didn't do very much damage last year vs Huffman(3 rec for 25 yrds and 4 carries for 5 yrds) since liberty lost 56 to 7. I know i know the QB had 4 pics and cost you that game lol. Did you ever think that maybe those 4 pics were caused because your all everything wr couldn't get opened.

[/quote]

was he single covered or bracketed by your "all everything" mr witwer an whoever else the whole game. we'll see what happens this season tho.. an the next.. haha.. kids got a bright future. thanx for mentionin his name over an over. we'd like to get him as much exposure as possible.. lol. good job

[quote name="dreski" post="1025185" timestamp="1310787984"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1025181#msg1025181 date=1310787023]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1025172#msg1025172 date=1310784837]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i believe i said grown since then not grown up.. there's a difference.. growin up has nothing to do with your maturity level.. an if its funny to you that i'm more mature now than i was a yr ago, laugh on. i'm fine with that. As i stated earlier i was debating with like 3 of you so if the shoe doesn't fit.. wow. i know you didn't add up the rec.. that's why i told you to.. so you could draw the same conclusion that i did.. THOSE STATS MEAN NOTHING. all that matters is what happens on the field this coming season so consider that the end of me addressing you about this subject. you don't seem to be gaining knowledge or understanding from anyone's comments. you just wait for someone to ride huffman then praise em for believing the same things you do. anyways tho.. jones plays wr.. he's a FOOTBALL PLAYER.. that's how he can be a WORKHORSE.. "time will tell." you talk about real football.. what credentials do you have? curious to know what you did on the field.. if you even played.. on 2nd thought.. really don't care. moving on.. and i believe making the playoffs 10-15 plus yrs in a row trumps an 3 and 3 "streak" you guys have.. until recently ya'll weren't even talked about when it came to sports.. maybe baseball. coincidently.. all those years you're referring to, i've been in the stands. im done with this tho.. fun while it lasted.
[/quote]

Again you missed the point I'm not braging about a 3 and 3 streak if you wanna compare liberty and Huffman's football history liberty wins hands down. I was showing that in recent years Huffman has done good in 3a and liberty hasn't. It's that simple lol.

This year will be different than any year I've seen in this district. You have, in my opinion, a totally different district as far as the top three teams go. You have Huffman that will be good. If I remember correctly, in 2009 Huffman had to replace a lot of their offense with young players. Yet, they played well imo. Coldspring will always do well in this district due to their speed at skill positions and their size on the line. To me Liberty has the most  positive points right now. They have many skill players back and hopefully they can build on the success of the end of last season. Liberty once out played and out coached teams but maybe those coaches are all on to bigger and better things...idk.

1. Liberty or Coldspring (whoever wins out of this game probably wins the district, but I could see Liberty losing to Huffman. I cant see Coldspring losing to Huffman)
2. Huffman
3. this could be Liberty or huffman ( I doubt anyone else jumps into the mix at third)

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="1025570" timestamp="1310920412"]
This year will be different than any year I've seen in this district. You have, in my opinion, a totally different district as far as the top three teams go. You have Huffman that will be good. If I remember correctly, in 2009 Huffman had to replace a lot of their offense with young players. Yet, they played well imo. Coldspring will always do well in this district due to their speed at skill positions and their size on the line. To me Liberty has the most  positive points right now. They have many skill players back and hopefully they can build on the success of the end of last season. Liberty once out played and out coached teams but maybe those coaches are all on to bigger and better things...idk.

1. Liberty or Coldspring (whoever wins out of this game probably wins the district, but I could see Liberty losing to Huffman. I cant see Coldspring losing to Huffman)
2. Huffman
3. this could be Liberty or huffman ( I doubt anyone else jumps into the mix at third)
[/quote]

that's how you state an opinion.. well said.

Hey MJ22, I apologize for spelling your brothers names wrong LOL, Huffman returns 2 starters on offense and 5 on defense, Liberty returns 8 on offense and 5 on defense, Top 3 leaders of Huffman last year statistically, DeBerry, Julian and Whitwher, (all graduated) and as for Liberty Edwards (graduated) Fitzwater (Junior) and Jones ( Junior) Jones received all south east texas sophomore of the year honors, and also take note that Huffman is a passing team and defensively they rely on speed, Liberty is a running team whos strength on defense is the d line and line backers NOW with that in mind this spring and summer in 7 on 7 huffman and liberty played every monday and met once in qualifying tournament and liberty came out on top EVERY time, so you would think Huffman would win in a game that only features the forward pass 4 DB's and 3 linebackers.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1026704" timestamp="1311212034"]
Hey MJ22, I apologize for spelling your brothers names wrong LOL, Huffman returns 2 starters on offense and 5 on defense, Liberty returns 8 on offense and 5 on defense, Top 3 leaders of Huffman last year statistically, DeBerry, Julian and Whitwher, (all graduated) and as for Liberty Edwards (graduated) Fitzwater (Junior) and Jones ( Junior) Jones received all south east texas sophomore of the year honors, and also take note that Huffman is a passing team and defensively they rely on speed, Liberty is a running team whos strength on defense is the d line and line backers NOW with that in mind this spring and summer in 7 on 7 huffman and liberty played every monday and met once in qualifying tournament and liberty came out on top EVERY time, so you would think Huffman would win in a game that only features the forward pass 4 DB's and 3 linebackers.
[/quote]

ooohhh!

[quote name="SetX6" post="1026704" timestamp="1311212034"]
[/quote]

I'm so glad yall did so well in 7 on 7, however a lot changes when someone can hit you.  If you look at your star players they didn't do crap agianst the three playoff teams the faced. Jones 5 rec 54 yards and fitzwater 8 pics. It seems to me that liberty padded the stats aginst the weaker teams they played. I find it funny you say liberty's D has a strength when they gave up 37 points a game lol. Including 56 to Huffman, 56 to coldspring and 63 to wos the only three playoff teams they played. Also how do you give up 54 points to huntington? It don't matter hiw many starters you return when you weren't even close to any of the decent teams you played last year.  And if you a running team who is going to replace Edwards who was the most important part of your team last year.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1026765" timestamp="1311222488"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=81379.msg1026704#msg1026704 date=1311212034]
[/quote]

I'm so glad yall did so well in 7 on 7, however a lot changes when someone can hit you.  If you look at your star players they didn't do crap agianst the three playoff teams the faced. Jones 5 rec 54 yards and fitzwater 8 pics. It seems to me that liberty padded the stats aginst the weaker teams they played. I find it funny you say liberty's D has a strength when they gave up 37 points a game lol. Including 56 to Huffman, 56 to coldspring and 63 to wos the only three playoff teams they played. Also how do you give up 54 points to huntington? It don't matter hiw many starters you return when you weren't even close to any of the decent teams you played last year.  And if you a running team who is going to replace Edwards who was the most important part of your team last year.
[/quote]

watch the tape.. how can a wr put up numbers with a qb throwing 8 pics.. way to contradict yourself.. but you're probably right.. he's the setx sophomore of the year for no reason.. google "jordan jones sophomore"

[quote name="dodiej" post="1027205" timestamp="1311298996"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1026765#msg1026765 date=1311222488]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=81379.msg1026704#msg1026704 date=1311212034]
[/quote]

[/quote]

watch the tape.. how can a wr put up numbers with a qb throwing 8 pics.. way to contradict yourself.. but you're probably right.. he's the setx sophomore of the year for no reason.. google "jordan jones sophomore"
[/quote]

I didn't contradict myself I said your star players didn't do anything vs decent teams. I then gave thier stats for those games. I didn't say anything about Jones abilty and if you look at the previous post I have made on this thread you will see that I actually beleive he is very talented.  That dosent change the fact that Liberty still got thier buts kicked by the only three playoff teams they played last year.

im not saying you did.. i'm simply saying if my qb throws the ball to the other team a million times, it makes me puttin up numbers next to impossible.. same thing applies to them. i said watch the tape so that you could see all the adjusting and great catches made. that's it. i'll bet if you ask justin thomas or witwer who jordan jones is and how good he is they'd give him props.. the kid was only 15.. fitz still has to show me somethin.. i kno he has all the talent in the world.. but decision making an whether he can gain a feel for the game are yet to be seen. however, he to was only 15.. good players on a bad team..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder