Any predictions for 22-3a next year?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="89falcon" post="1028791" timestamp="1311809048"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028767#msg1028767 date=1311804989]
cs returns all skill players with the exception of cody cummings..

huffman returns ???????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ??????? darien grey.. that's right well at least ya'll have 1..
[/quote]
Huffman does not rely on return starters to survive. Huffman has a superior program and will reload. Cleveland and Shepherd are returning the same amount of starters as you guys and we could care less.
[/quote]

a superior program that hasn't even come close to winning a title and only got as far as the 2nd round of the playoffs?? SUPERIOR? wow! and that is exactly why i don't take you guys seriously!!

[quote name="GoCoogs61" post="1028797" timestamp="1311810740"]
Don't have a dog in this fight but I'll say it doesn't matter who returns what. Huffman will still beat Liberty by 14 + at War Memorial Stadium.

[/quote]

time will tell.. time will tell..

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1028793" timestamp="1311810005"]

huffman returns ???????????????????????????????????? ??????????? ??????? darien grey.. that's right well at least ya'll have 1..
[/quote]

So basically what your saying is only skill positions matter?  Wow Gilbert won't have anywhere to run with out a line. The only reason coldsprings was able to go on thier run last year is, because they had a very experienced oline lead by u of h comitt Matt Wilson.

BTW Huffman has 2 retuning klayton larsen and darrian grey coldspring has Alfred Scott and Gilbert and maybe a wr

p.s. I still belive coldspring is the favorite just trying to show you how many starters you have coming back isn't the only thing that matters.
[/quote]

now you're making more sense.. however didn't ya'll lose you're line as well for the most part? so where will grey and larsen run? CS is clearly the favorite.. i've said that all along. its just my opinion that liberty will be 2nd.. why argue with my opinon.. and why does this continue.. how bout we all move on... smh. last point.. ya'll have no skill position players (basically) and no o-line.. but ya'll are so far ahead of everyone else because???  and when i named jones and fitz you said all we had was two players but yet that's the EXACT SAME AMOUNT YOU JUST NAMED!!! you see where i'm going with this??

[quote name="dreski" post="1028808" timestamp="1311813994"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=81379.msg1028791#msg1028791 date=1311809048]

[/quote]
Huffman does not rely on return starters to survive. Huffman has a superior program and will reload. Cleveland and Shepherd are returning the same amount of starters as you guys and we could care less.
[/quote]

a superior program that hasn't even come close to winning a title and only got as far as the 2nd round of the playoffs?? SUPERIOR? wow! and that is exactly why i don't take you guys seriously!!
[/quote]
Yes, "superior" to Liberty right "now". This discussion has been between Liberty and Huffman. Liberty characterized by losing seasons since 06 and a thrashing at the hands of Huntington. Huffman with 6 consecutive 3A winnig seasons and playoff appearnces.

[quote name="dreski" post="1028814" timestamp="1311810005"]

[/quote]

So basically what your saying is only skill positions matter?  Wow Gilbert won't have anywhere to run with out a line. The only reason coldsprings was able to go on thier run last year is, because they had a very experienced oline lead by u of h comitt Matt Wilson.

BTW Huffman has 2 retuning klayton larsen and darrian grey coldspring has Alfred Scott and Gilbert and maybe a wr

p.s. I still belive coldspring is the favorite just trying to show you how many starters you have coming back isn't the only thing that matters.
[/quote]

now you're making more sense.. however didn't ya'll lose you're line as well for the most part? so where will grey and larsen run? CS is clearly the favorite.. i've said that all along. its just my opinion that liberty will be 2nd.. why argue with my opinon.. and why does this continue.. how bout we all move on... smh. last point.. ya'll have no skill position players (basically) and no o-line.. but ya'll are so far ahead of everyone else because???  and when i named jones and fitz you said all we had was two players but yet that's the EXACT SAME AMOUNT YOU JUST NAMED!!! you see where i'm going with this??
[/quote]

Your missing the point yes Huffman lost just as much as coldspring, but why in your mind is coldspring the favorite and Huffman rebuilding. You have said your main reason for your opinion of liberty is thier retuning starters. Yet the number of retuning starters dosent mean crap by itself it is just part of the story. Liberty lost to teams with a winning record by an average of 42 points and the teams they managed to beat were a combined 9 and 41. So your telling that all these starters are going to be 42 points better this year? I would agree with you if liberty was in anywhere close, but they weren't they got slaughtered. If a crappy team ( dodiej already admitted liberty was a bad team last year) returns all thier players it will still be a crappy team.

Since you think starters mean so much explain to me why teams like Katy, North Shore, LT, and SLC are top ranked teams every year regardless of how many starters they have back. Or how tarkington hasnet made the playoffs since 1960 yet Im sure atleast one of the years since then they probably had like 20 starters back and it didn't make any difference they still sucked.

If you don't think Huffman has a superior program compared to liberty now you are in denial.  It dosent matter who beat who liberty could've beaten Huffman every year. Teams are judged by if they make the playoffs or not.  Huffman may have lost to liberty, but they have been making the playoffs liberty has not. Liberty had its first wining season since 05 last year and they went 6-5 and all thier wins came aginst crappy teams. Dosent that sound like two programs heading in opposite directions to you?

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1028891" timestamp="1311828989"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028814#msg1028814 date=131o1814277]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1028793#msg1028793 date=1311810005]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your missing the point yes Huffman lost just as much as coldspring, but why in your mind is coldspring the favorite and Huffman rebuilding. You have said your main reason for your opinion of liberty is thier retuning starters. Yet the number of retuning starters dosent mean crap by itself it is just part of the story. Liberty lost to teams with a winning record by an average of 42 points and the teams they managed to beat were a combined 9 and 41. So your telling that all these starters are going to be 42 points better this year? I would agree with you if liberty was in anywhere close, but they weren't they got slaughtered. If a crappy team ( dodiej already admitted liberty was a bad team last year) returns all thier players it will still be a crappy team.

Since you think starters mean so much explain to me why teams like Katy, North Shore, LT, and SLC are top ranked teams every year regardless of how many starters they have back. Or how tarkington hasnet made the playoffs since 1960 yet Im sure atleast one of the years since then they probably had like 20 starters back and it didn't make any difference they still sucked.

If you don't think Huffman has a superior program compared to liberty now you are in denial.  It dosent matter who beat who liberty could've beaten Huffman every year. Teams are judged by if they make the playoffs or not.  Huffman may have lost to liberty, but they have been making the playoffs liberty has not. Liberty had its first wining season since 05 last year and they went 6-5 and all thier wins came aginst crappy teams. Dosent that sound like two programs heading in opposite directions to you?

[/quote]
Liberty finished 5-6 last year.

[quote name="dreski" post="1028814" timestamp="1311814277"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1028793#msg1028793 date=1311810005]

[/quote]

So basically what your saying is only skill positions matter?  Wow Gilbert won't have anywhere to run with out a line. The only reason coldsprings was able to go on thier run last year is, because they had a very experienced oline lead by u of h comitt Matt Wilson.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1028891" timestamp="1311828989"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

huffman should not be mentioned in the same breath as katy or any of those others schools. up until recent times ya'll weren't even relevant in football.. ya'll are tarkington with a few good seasons.. 4a numbers playing in 3a and ya'll still aren't getting anywhere. just wait til re-class... better hope ya'll win 3 games! haha

[quote name="dreski" post="1028976" timestamp="1311869221"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1028891#msg1028891 date=1311828989]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

huffman should not be mentioned in the same breath as katy or any of those others schools. up until recent times ya'll weren't even relevant in football.. ya'll are tarkington with a few good seasons.. 4a numbers playing in 3a and ya'll still aren't getting anywhere. just wait til re-class... better hope ya'll win 3 games! haha
[/quote]

Never said we were just trying to show starters don't mean very much. If we are tarkington and not going anywhere what are yall? When was the last time you even won a playoff game?  You will probably come here and talk about liberties history, but that's just what it is history and last time I checked time travel wanst inveted yet. So I guess for now you will just have to accept your losing seasons and getting you but kicked everytime you play someone decent. Good luck this year maybe you will get lucky again and sneak into the playoffs just to lose by 60 in the first round again lol.

compare huffmans overall football history to liberty's an i think the superior team will be obvious.. and with that i'm done talking debating this topic until the game is played.. oregon is superior to USC because they've been better over recent years.. of course you'll wanna ignore the COMPLETE history and only use that which benefits your argument.. smh. u remind me of an aggie fan trying to compare them to UT.. sad when ya think about it.

[quote name="dreski" post="1028986" timestamp="1311870655"]
compare huffmans overall football history to liberty's an i think the superior team will be obvious.. and with that i'm done talking debating this topic until the game is played.. oregon is superior to USC because they've been better over recent years.. of course you'll wanna ignore the COMPLETE history and only use that which benefits your argument.. smh. u remind me of an aggie fan trying to compare them to UT.. sad when ya think about it.
[/quote]

Tell me how what happened 15 or 20 years ago has any effect on this season? You can't right off recent history it shows were your program is heading. Oregon is better to usc right now played in a nc and 2 straight pac 10 titles and everything usc got was taken away cause they cheated. Aggies had a better season last year, but ut played in the nc the year before that not really any relevance here.  You just don't wanna look at facts you are in denial. Liberty has been pathetic recently that is a fact. I guess you didn't know the answer to my question of the last time Liberty won a playoff game. It must of been a really long time ago, but hey just hop on that time machine relive your history, because your present ain't much to look at. Think about it this way Michigan has a great history but right now they are garbage, same with notre dame, army, and navy. Your overall history just shows where you have been not where you are going.

I doubt you are really done you have said it before lol. If you don't wanna talk why are you here? isn't this a forum to discuss opinions? Does what I say make you that mad? Lol

BTW I think I called it about you coming back with something about liberty's ancient history. Lol

History is just that "History" I have enjoyed the debate, but we all know that when Friday night rolls around anything can happen. I do believe that Huffman, Coldsprings and Liberty will be tough teams to play this year. If we went on History, I wouldn't have never believed that after the 08 and 09 season for Cleveland, we would lose every game but 2 last year. But things happen, we lost our AD, the new AD comes in one week before two a days start, first scrimmage game our senior QB gets injured and he's out for the season and things continued to fall apart. Looking at this year, I don't believe any of the teams are stacked and ready to run away with this district, the cream will rise to the top. But I'm pretty sure that Cleveland and Splendora will challenge for the district and play-offs. I don't believe any game this year between Coldsprings, Cleveland, Huffman, Liberty or Splendora will be a easy win. this is all just my opinion, I wish the best for all the players, coaches and fans and look forward to the football season.

Let's Roll Indians

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1029005" timestamp="1311873474"]
History is just that "History" I have enjoyed the debate, but we all know that when Friday night rolls around anything can happen. I do believe that Huffman, Coldsprings and Liberty will be tough teams to play this year. If we went on History, I wouldn't have never believed that after the 08 and 09 season for Cleveland, we would lose every game but 2 last year. But things happen, we lost our AD, the new AD comes in one week before two a days start, first scrimmage game our senior QB gets injured and he's out for the season and things continued to fall apart. Looking at this year, I don't believe any of the teams are stacked and ready to run away with this district, the cream will rise to the top. But I'm pretty sure that Cleveland and Splendora will challenge for the district and play-offs. I don't believe any game this year between Coldsprings, Cleveland, Huffman, Liberty or Splendora will be a easy win. this is all just my opinion, I wish the best for all the players, coaches and fans and look forward to the football season.

Let's Roll Indians
[/quote]

I agree I don't think anybody saw that happening with Cleveland last year. Kinda of different from liberty tho Cleveland had a brand new coach and injuries and it just seemed like everything went against them. The years before Cleveland was going to the playoffs and going 2 or 3 rounds deep. Where as liberty hasn't had a winning season since 05. I think the top three will be Huffman, coldspring, and Cleveland in no particular order. I think last season was an anomaly for Cleveland, but it will depend on thier coach because they have the talent.

We talk allot about teams and talent.Every school has talent.I would bet to say if you took Huffman's or Coldspring's coaching staff and put it in Liberty last year and switched it around,the results would have been much different.Coaching makes a BIG difference and Liberty doesnt have what it takes to compete in 3AAA.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1028998" timestamp="1311872932"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028986#msg1028986 date=1311870655]
[/quote]

Tell me how what happened 15 or 20 years ago has any effect on this season? You can't right off recent history it shows were your program is heading. Oregon is better to usc right now played in a nc and 2 straight pac 10 titles and everything usc got was taken away cause they cheated. Aggies had a better season last year, but ut played in the nc the year before that not really any relevance here.  You just don't wanna look at facts you are in denial. Liberty has been pathetic recently that is a fact. I guess you didn't know the answer to my question of the last time Liberty won a playoff game. It must of been a really long time ago, but hey just hop on that time machine relive your history, because your present ain't much to look at. Think about it this way Michigan has a great history but right now they are garbage, same with notre dame, army, and navy. Your overall history just shows where you have been not where you are going.

I doubt you are really done you have said it before lol. If you don't wanna talk why are you here? isn't this a forum to discuss opinions? Does what I say make you that mad? Lol

BTW I think I called it about you coming back with something about liberty's ancient history. Lol
[/quote]

actually i could tell you exactly when.. i was there. i played, but when i mentioned my playin days earlier in the thread (we NEVER lost to huffman) no one wanted to hear it so i left it alone simple enough. anyways.. no argument here buddy. everything you say is right. congrats on the state title ya'll are gonna win this year!! GO FALCONS!!!

[quote name="dreski" post="1029184" timestamp="1311909162"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=81379.msg1028998#msg1028998 date=1311872932]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=81379.msg1028986#msg1028986 date=1311870655]
[/quote]

Tell me how what happened 15 or 20 years ago has any effect on this season? You can't right off recent history it shows were your program is heading. Oregon is better to usc right now played in a nc and 2 straight pac 10 titles and everything usc got was taken away cause they cheated. Aggies had a better season last year, but ut played in the nc the year before that not really any relevance here.  You just don't wanna look at facts you are in denial. Liberty has been pathetic recently that is a fact. I guess you didn't know the answer to my question of the last time Liberty won a playoff game. It must of been a really long time ago, but hey just hop on that time machine relive your history, because your present ain't much to look at. Think about it this way Michigan has a great history but right now they are garbage, same with notre dame, army, and navy. Your overall history just shows where you have been not where you are going.

[/quote]

actually i could tell you exactly when.. i was there. i played, but when i mentioned my playin days earlier in the thread (we NEVER lost to huffman) no one wanted to hear it so i left it alone simple enough. anyways.. no argument here buddy. everything you say is right. congrats on the state title ya'll are gonna win this year!! GO FALCONS!!!
[/quote]

I'm glad you could come around. If you want I would be glad to send you some Huffman shirts and hats. Like the old saying goes if you can't beat them then join them. Lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83