Any predictions for 22-3a next year?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but I have to admit that Huffman is losing alot of its key players for next season. QB and main receivers are graduating- so are the main defensive forces. They will be still be strong, but its gonna take work to adapt to a whole new passing offense.

[quote name="mj22" post="980078" timestamp="1299689012"]
I agree, but I have to admit that Huffman is losing alot of its key players for next season. QB and main receivers are graduating- so are the main defensive forces. They will be still be strong, but its gonna take work to adapt to a whole new passing offense.
[/quote]

yall's freshman running back will be good, what about yall's o-line, didn't yall have a lot of seniors of this past year at that spot?

[quote name="chs11" post="980353" timestamp="1299727473"]
[quote author=mj22 link=topic=81379.msg980078#msg980078 date=1299689012]
[/quote]

yall's freshman running back will be good, what about yall's o-line, didn't yall have a lot of seniors of this past year at that spot?
[/quote]
No team is losing more on the line (in terms of seniors than Coldspring)....They're replacing the entire line due to graduation....If (and of course it's anyone's guess until they get thrown into the fire on the varsity level) the new line can hold it's own the offense should continue to score a bunch of points...
The defense is also going to have to replace several good players....I think def lineman Traylor will probably be missed the most on defense...The Trojans should have the athletes to plug into most of the spots...I think it'll just be a matter of how soon they get comfortable playing at the varsity level...One thing that should help quite a bit is practicing against good players last year and experiencing this years run to the state title game..

[quote name="MEM" post="980900" timestamp="1299801466"]
No team is losing more on the line (in terms of seniors than Coldspring)....They're replacing the entire line due to graduation....If (and of course it's anyone's guess until they get thrown into the fire on the varsity level) the new line can hold it's own the offense should continue to score a bunch of points...
[/quote]

CHS fans and alumni will find out pretty quickly how good this years "O-Line" really was.  Barbay will get'em ready, but they won't be nearly as good as this past seasons team.

[quote name="Trigger" post="983975" timestamp="1300314852"]
[quote author=MEM link=topic=81379.msg980900#msg980900 date=1299801466]
[/quote]

CHS fans and alumni will find out pretty quickly how good this years "O-Line" really was.  Barbay will get'em ready, but they won't be nearly as good as this past seasons team.
[/quote]

I hope your right. I'm ready for a change on the top.

Coldspring and Huffman will battle for the top spot.It doesnt matter if Coldspring lost some of thier players,thier coaching staff is superior.Look for Splendora step it up a notch,Liberty has some nice tallent but again the coaching staff has not produced a winning season.Is a toss up for third.Good luck to all.

[quote name="chs11" post="980353" timestamp="1299727473"]
[quote author=mj22 link=topic=81379.msg980078#msg980078 date=1299689012]
[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah. several starters are graduating, but we have a great coaching staff and some great boys that will step up and keep huffman's succcess going for sure.

Huffman is losing their entire offense except for that running back, it is not only going to be a competition for 3rd, but for 2nd as well. Cleveland, despite this horrible season they still have plenty of atheletes and Liberty is returning their all district 1st team QB, their All SETX Sophomore of the year WR Jordan Jones. They are only losing 2 Offensive lineman, and their running back as far as offense is concerned. I say Liberty, Cleveland, and Huffman all have a chance for second, and call me crazy but I think Liberty can compete with Coldsprings this year as well with move-ins addiding to the defense and the running game.

[quote name="Swag" post="986346" timestamp="1300733293"]
Huffman is losing their entire offense except for that running back, it is not only going to be a competition for 3rd, but for 2nd as well. Cleveland, despite this horrible season they still have plenty of atheletes and Liberty is returning their all district 1st team QB, their All SETX Sophomore of the year WR Jordan Jones. They are only losing 2 Offensive lineman, and their running back as far as offense is concerned. I say Liberty, Cleveland, and Huffman all have a chance for second, and call me crazy but I think Liberty can compete with Coldsprings this year as well with move-ins addiding to the defense and the running game.
[/quote]

Gotta' call you crazy:)

Cleveland had so many distractions going on last year i'm really surprised we played at all. But time has passed and we seem to have a dedicated coaching staff in place. We have always had talent, it's just getting it on the field. I feel that we will graduate some distractions from the program this year and mix what we have left with some very talented sophmore and freshman that will be moving up. Cleveland will be back this year and Coldsprings will not walk through 22-3A this year. i think we will have some great games on the way. Come on boys of fall....

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="belle-mere" post="986546" timestamp="1300760325"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=81379.msg986346#msg986346 date=1300733293]
[/quote]

Gotta' call you crazy:)
[/quote]

I agree Huffman may have lost some players, but I'm really not sure if you can jump right ahead and say that Cleveland and Liberty are in the same boat as Huffman...maybe you should go check out the numbers Huffman put up last season against everyone in district BUT coldspring.

K, I checked your numbers and I see Cold Deberry, Joel Witwher, Riley Julian and Casey Marting gosh darn all of them are graduating, then I look at Liberty's and see Jordan Jones and Daniel Fitzwater an entire D Line all but 2 linemen a returning RB and a new very talented running back, so what that mean? Liberty is in the same boat as Huffman and as for Cleveland, Huffman's atheletes don't compare to theirs, they just had a bad year.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Swag" post="992736" timestamp="1301943604"]
K, I checked your numbers and I see Cold Deberry, Joel Witwher, Riley Julian and Casey Marting gosh darn all of them are graduating, then I look at Liberty's and see Jordan Jones and Daniel Fitzwater an entire D Line all but 2 linemen a returning RB and a new very talented running back, so what that mean? Liberty is in the same boat as Huffman and as for Cleveland, Huffman's atheletes don't compare to theirs, they just had a bad year.
[/quote]

Yeah, and those boys were playing because those boys were the best...doesn't mean there aren't juniors who can put numbers as well. And sorry but HUFFMAN does compare with Cleveland, if we didn't we wouldn't have beat you. period.

Also its ColE, Witwer with no H and Martin with no G. But thanks for getting my brother's name right! And I'm sorry that Cleveland's wonderful athletes had a bad year, but I'm not going to ignore that when comparing them.

Huffman will struggle a bit given that they are losing key players, but Coach Mac and his staff are great and the boys know they have a lot to live up to and they want it.

• 2 months later...
[quote name="dreski" post="1024429" timestamp="1310602087"]
sounds like everybody is juss pullin for their respective home teams.. cs, lib/clev., huff....
[/quote]

From a guy that don't have a dog in this fight:  :)

Coldspring 
Huffman
Liberty
Cleveland
Splendora
Shepherd
Cleveland Tarkington

I think some people are forgetting that Huffman has made the playoffs the last 6 years they have been in 3a. 08,09,10 and 04,05,06 we won't talk about that litter adventure into 4a lol.  The point is that just because Huffman did lose a lot of talent from a great senior class, dosent mean that there are not players who will be able to fill thier spots. Huffman was able to do it in this same district without last years seniors before and they will do it agian. Huffman has plenty of talent returning and will make the playoffs agian. Coach MAC has done a great job in building a competitive program.

BTW I keep hearing a lot about this liberty offense, but they only scored 7 points against Huffman D last year.

[quote name="dreski" post="1024855" timestamp="1310690787"]
the qb threw like 5 int's that game.. go figure. ya'll were playin a bunch of sophomore's, good job. lol i can see how you take so much from that. time will tell.
[/quote]

What else do I have to go off of. Ofcourse I take something from that it showed the out come of liberty's offence which returns a lot and Huffman's defense which returns a good portion. It don't matter if they were sophomores or not it is still the same players.  And did you ever think those 4 pics were because of the defense, Huffman did have over 20 of those last season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder