Burkeville vs. Martinsville playoffs

[quote name="The Spy" post="969404" timestamp="1298265475"]
Yea but half of Martinsvilles games are vs teams like Gary, apple springs and centerville, Burkeville came out of the toughest district in the region, and IMO idt Martinsville is any better than leggett or spurger or even goodrich. So Bkv has the edge in this one
[/quote]

I'm failing to understand the argument here.  How can you criticize Martinsville's predistrict schedule, when outside of Silsbee, the 2 best teams Burkeville played before district were in Martinsville's district.  Burkeville lost to Kennard and # 9 Wells, and they lost to #9 Wells by 30 pts (74-45).  Kennard was the 4th place team in Martinsville's district.  Burkeville also lost to Broaddus who Wells beat by 30 pts.  Did I mention that Martinsville beat Wells once in district?  Kennard took Wells to overtime and Chireno, the 3rd place team in Martinsville's district, beat Martinsville on feb 15.  With 2 top 10 ranked teams, I think you could make the argument that 23-1A-II is just as good as 24-1A-II.  18-1A-II may have been the toughest district of all of them though with #4 Dodd City, Roxton, and Miller Grove (plus Ector who MG had to beat in a playoff).  I would not call Martinsville's schedule weak either.  They beat Tenaha (who just beat 3A Center) who won 22-1A-I and has be ranked and could be in the regional tournament.  They played Tenaha (22-1A-I), Woden (22-2A), Gary(22-1A-I), Elysian Fields (20-2A), who are all playoff teams and only lost to Woden.  I would speculate Martinsville is pretty close one way or another to the top 4 in 24-1A-II but I dont know how you could give Burkeville the edge by any measurement or standard given.

[quote name="beeninnikes" post="969411" timestamp="1298272108"]
[quote author=The Spy link=topic=80584.msg969404#msg969404 date=1298265475]
Yea but half of Martinsvilles games are vs teams like Gary, apple springs and centerville, Burkeville came out of the toughest district in the region, and IMO idt Martinsville is any better than leggett or spurger or even goodrich. So Bkv has the edge in this one
[/quote]

I'm failing to understand the argument here.  How can you criticize Martinsville's predistrict schedule, when outside of Silsbee, the 2 best teams Burkeville played before district were in Martinsville's district.  Burkeville lost to Kennard and # 9 Wells, and they lost to #9 Wells by 30 pts (74-45).  Kennard was the 4th place team in Martinsville's district.  Burkeville also lost to Broaddus who Wells beat by 30 pts.  Did I mention that Martinsville beat Wells once in district?  Kennard took Wells to overtime and Chireno, the 3rd place team in Martinsville's district, beat Martinsville on feb 15.  With 2 top 10 ranked teams, I think you could make the argument that 23-1A-II is just as good as 24-1A-II.  18-1A-II may have been the toughest district of all of them though with #4 Dodd City, Roxton, and Miller Grove (plus Ector who MG had to beat in a playoff).  I would not call Martinsville's schedule weak either.  They beat Tenaha (who just beat 3A Center) who won 22-1A-I and has be ranked and could be in the regional tournament.  They played Tenaha (22-1A-I), Woden (22-2A), Gary(22-1A-I), Elysian Fields (20-2A), who are all playoff teams and only lost to Woden.  I would speculate Martinsville is pretty close one way or another to the top 4 in 24-1A-II but I dont know how you could give Burkeville the edge by any measurement or standard given.
[/quote]
The Broaddus, Wells, and Kennard game Burkeville didnt have 2 key players.

Beeninnikes, if ya wanna get all technical with it here u go: Burkeville BEAT Leggett twice, Leggett beat chireno by 25 points i believe, Chireno beat Martinsville IN Martinsville, also Burkeville defeated Hemphill 76-55, Martinsville beat Hemphill 40-33. SO, u cant go by that stuff, district 24-A II was a tougher district than 23-A II, IMHO

Ok you say we cant go by that stuff. We'll go by something else. Martinsville is #8 and Wells is #9. Where is Spurger, or Leggett, or Goodrich, or BURKEVILLE?? If im not mistaken(which im not), then none of them are state ranked. Actually Spurger and Leggett were ranked but performed in a way that obviously did not impress the voters on TABC. Martinsville has been climbing steadily.

Not sure what ShowOuts description of "team basketball is", but having watched Burkeville play four times, EVERTHING goes through #23. Everthing. If he doesn't have a shot, he will launch it up and hope that someone will pick up the trash. Even if he is well past the three point line. He will force up a shot hopeing to draw fouls as he is a good free throw shooter. The others are there to support him.

If Martinsville puts someone on his front bumper and prevent him from getting the ball, Burkeville will most definitely lose.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder