Pujols

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="bullets13" post="967004" timestamp="1297865685"]
He wants 10 years, 300 million.  what a joke!  He'll be worth his salary for maybe 5 more years, overpaid for 2-3 after that, and a complete waste of money the last couple of years of his deal (if he gets it)
[/quote]

Time for the Cardinals to say adios.

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="967011" timestamp="1297866143"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=80381.msg967004#msg967004 date=1297865685]
He wants 10 years, 300 million.  what a joke!  He'll be worth his salary for maybe 5 more years, overpaid for 2-3 after that, and a complete waste of money the last couple of years of his deal (if he gets it)
[/quote]

Time for the Cardinals to say adios.
[/quote]

You got that right.

He's been going downhill the last cpl of yrs, while in college he was considered to be the best hitter in JUCO, I watched him play his last college game for Maple Wood CC before signing, he went 0 fer 3 that game with 3 Ks, 4 local boys were on the other team...

Guest baseball25
I guess hitting 313. 42 hrs 118 rbis he's going downhill lol give me a break
2009- 327. 47 hrs  135 rbis

Boy his body is really breaking down!!!!! The last 2 years he has had more stolen bases in any of his yrs 16 and 14 each. His body isn't breaking down. The guy is the best hitter in the game and one of the best def 1st basemen in the game he isn't going down.

no, he's not going downhill... yet.  I honestly think he's worth the 30 mil a year right now (well, as much as any baseball player can be worth that much), but he's going to be a 10 mil a year player in 5-6 years and a 3-5 mil a year player by the time his contract expires (if he's even healthy enough to still play).  he's handcuffing his team.  i've always heard about what a great guy he is.  there's nothing great about what he's doing to "his" franchise.  i guess he's blinded by the money.  I can't imagine anybody who is as "dedicated" to their franchise as he supposedly is demanding a contract that can only hurt their team:

A) if they don't re-sign him, then they're villains for letting arguably the best player in history go.
B) if they do re-sign him, then they're going to be villains at whichever point in the future that he's obviously not worth the money he's being paid.

Guest baseball25
What st. louis offered him makes him not even top 10 paid in MLB, the guy should be paid the most in the MLB hands down..

With Albert Pujols set to report to spring training on Wednesday, the St. Louis Cardinals have just a couple of days to sign their star first baseman to a contract extension before his self-imposed deadline. With a reported asking price nearing $30 million a year, St. Louis will have to spring open the vaults, but the evidence suggests Mr. Pujols is worth what would be a record-breaking contract.
Mr. Pujols has averaged 8.1 Wins Above Replacement per year, a metric that encompasses a player's total value at the plate and in the field. This puts him essentially even with the pace Alex Rodriguez had set at the same point in his career.
By comparing a player's WAR and his free-agent contract value, we can estimate the price that teams will pay for each win; this off-season, the rate has been about $5 million apiece, which would place Mr. Pujols's 2011 value at about $40 million.
His actual annual average salary will be lower than that, of course, but the 31-year-old Mr. Pujols is projected to be an elite player over the next decade. Using a standard aging curve, Mr. Pujols is expected to produce about 48 WAR over the next 10 years, and estimating future salary inflation at 5% a year, those wins would be worth $286 million. That's above the $275 million the Yankees gave Mr. Rodriguez in a 10-year deal after the 2007 season.
Given his performance to date, Mr. Pujols deserves to be the highest-paid player in baseball history.

Guest baseball25
lol dude ur crazy, u already said his body has already started to break down, i guess the numbers he put up the last 2 yrs show it lol!!!! The guys is the best hitter in the MLB hands down and one of the best defensive 1st baseman, he will bring so much money to any club he goes too, if cardinals don't resign him they will lose tons of money and ticket sales!!!

Guest baseball25
you are right about that and I think that will happen, but the offer the cardinals gave him yesterday was not even top 10 paid players in the MLB thats pretty awful.

Guest Ranger83
I'm crazy? The team that is willing to pay an aging player $30 mil a year is crazy!
Best hitter or not, he's one more back strain, knee injury from an extended stay on the DL. That is unless he's juicing again.

[quote name="basketball25" post="967803" timestamp="1297966762"]
he's 31 yrs old, he has atleast 7 good years left!!! your acting like he's 38 or something
[/quote]

That is why I would only offer him a 7 year contract maximum (really would only offer a 6 year deal, to be honest). Give him 7 year $190 mil, that's 27 mil a year. Front load it so that the first 4-5 years are 30 mil years.

Him wanting 10 years is just plain ridiculous!!

Guest baseball25
10 yrs is alot, unless he is older than what he's saying you know how those domincans are about there birth certificate lol, but I think 7 years is good enough...Ryan Howard agreed to a $125 million, five-year contract extension until 2017 last yr and he's 31 yrs old, and I think Albert is  worth atleast 80 more million than Ryan Howard!!!!

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="967795" timestamp="1297965145"]
I'm crazy? The team that is willing to pay an aging player $30 mil a year is crazy!
Best hitter or not, he's one more back strain, knee injury from an extended stay on the DL. That is unless he's juicing again.
[/quote]My point exactly, see if he continues to put up the #s without it....

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="967776" timestamp="1297962951"]
He should get a 7 year deal, not a 10 year deal. That's the issue.
[/quote]

And it should also be front-heavy.  He's pretty arrogant/ignorant to believe that he's going to be producing in 10 years (or 7) like's producing now.

Guest baseball25
The won't draw without pujols, I promise you that!!! good source told me don't be suprise if  Red Sox try to persuade Pujols to be a DH for them!!! That would be interesting

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298