Jasper vs. Diboll Game Thread/Jasper wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="964788" timestamp="1297472454"]
18-3A District Game
[/quote]

Jasper played well, but with all due respect Diboll lost their leading player in all categories on Thursday to a stupid mistake, and he was dismissed from the team. Unfortunately, for Diboll fans it is the difference between the post season, and staying home! Good luck to Jasper, and the other 3A-18 representatives.

[quote name="RockNFire" post="965058" timestamp="1297482993"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=80165.msg964788#msg964788 date=1297472454]
18-3A District Game
[/quote]

Jasper played well, but with all due respect Diboll lost their leading player in all categories on Thursday to a stupid mistake, and he was dismissed from the team. Unfortunately, for Diboll fans it is the difference between the post season, and staying home! Good luck to Jasper, and the other 3A-18 representatives.
[/quote]Thats sad.....Huntington lost their starting post and point guard the first of the season from stupid mistakes........Was it Dibolls best guard?

No, it was Chris Bailey....best player, team leader. and captain....and holder of a full scholarship to SFA.  Happened day before the game and pretty much wiped out the entire team.

We just have to remember these are still kids and they will make mistakes. I just hope they learn from their mistakes and also that other kids see what happens when you do bone head, stupid things.  Very crushing blow for the team, families, coaches, and fans of Diboll basketball. The timing could not have been worse.

[quote name="meadowlark" post="965464" timestamp="1297558807"]
No, it was Chris Bailey....best player, team leader. and captain....and holder of a full scholarship to SFA.  Happened day before the game and pretty much wiped out the entire team.

We just have to remember these are still kids and they will make mistakes. I just hope they learn from their mistakes and also that other kids see what happens when you do bone head, stupid things.  Very crushing blow for the team, families, coaches, and fans of Diboll basketball. The timing could not have been worse.
[/quote]
Sorry that this happened.  It takes away from the game for everyone.  Including Jasper.  Thank you Diboll fans for showing up on this site after a tough loss.  You and Huntington fans have set a good example for other schools.  Good luck in the future.

J-Dog,

I didn't mean to take anything away from the Jasper win, not at all.  Jasper has shown tremendous improvement over the season especially the second half of district. They fully deserve to be where they are...just would have loved to see the game with everyone's best players there.

Good luck to Jasper in the next round!!

[quote name="rider78" post="965658" timestamp="1297624531"]
I would have liked to have seen the Center- Jasper game with all of Center's starters there. As you know Center lost a starter several weeks ago and Jasper only beat Center by 3 in Jasper with the refs helping them.
[/quote]
Ok maybe Im wrong but why is everyone making so many excuses about Center and Jasper. Jasper got it together and swept the second half of district, its not the matter of ref's and clocks, its the matter that the Jasper kid's played hard and beat everyone. Congrats Jasper,I dont have and excuses. 

Jasper is going to be tied for second no matter whether Center or Hudson wins.  It would seem to me that if Hudson wins, Jasper has the clear tie breaker in the better record in the games between the two teams.  If Center wins, it would be Hudson and Jasper tied with 3 losses each.  Jasper and Hudson split, each winning their home game.  So what would be their tie breaker?  Or will a playoff game be necessary for seeding?

[quote name="j_dog" post="965704" timestamp="1297648257"]
Jasper is going to be tied for second no matter whether Center or Hudson wins.  It would seem to me that if Hudson wins, Jasper has the clear tie breaker in the better record in the games between the two teams.  If Center wins, it would be Hudson and Jasper tied with 3 losses each.  Jasper and Hudson split, each winning their home game.  So what would be their tie breaker?  Or will a playoff game be necessary for seeding?
[/quote]

I would guess that a coin toss would determine seeding from there.  I really don't know if the UIL has rules regarding a 2nd game for playoff seeding for the the same team. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin