LU vs. NW State Updates/LU LOSES 70-68!!!!!

KFDM COOP

Guest Cards R Us
Do these five names sound familiar? Gary Johnson, Tristan Thompson, Jordan Hamilton, Dogus Balbay, Cory Joseph?

They should...they're the STARTING LINEUP for the Texas Longhorns...they started against SHSU in November, Lamar in December, and LAST NIGHT against Oklahoma...the lineup hasn't changed all season...they started relatively shaky, but because they were given STABILITY, they were able to pull it together and make themselves possibly the best team in the country.

21 starting line ups in 23 games?  Punishing players for unknown or irresponsible reasons?  Sitting the top scorers? 

UNREAL

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pathetic.  And, honestly, that isn't a strong enough term.  

I agree with you, Cards.  Roc's lineup decisions are arbitrary and at this point appear to be driven by either spite or complete, bipolar desperation.

I'll make it clear: if you look at my post from the end of last year, I was OK with giving Roc one more year.  I wasn't one of the folks dying to run him out of town after last season, unacceptable as it was.  I wanted to see Roc succeed: he bleeds Lamar red, he works hard, this was the job he wanted, and, yes, he had a quality rep as a recruiter.  I really hoped that he would get the job done.

It was clear he felt the pressure: he went out and recruited a boatload of scorers.  I was happy--a lack of shooters to me was the biggest problem the team had the last two years.  The guys were athletic, more so than I had seen at Lamar in my time watching them.  But what has happened this year only serves to validate every criticism hurled at Roc by his detractors over the last few years.  With the talent on this team, there is no excuse for this team not to be in the top 2 or 3 in the conference.  To finish out of the conference tournament--again--is so far beyond "unacceptable" it isn't even funny.  In reality, I'm not sure what has happened in the last three weeks doesn't justify *immediate* termination--the season is lost, and at this point, I think Roc is more likely to go Bob Knight (the chair-throwing, player-choker--not the player-graduating tactical guru) than turn this thing around.

I've been a basketball season ticket holder for fifteen years.  At no time did the thought of not renewing my season tickets *ever* cross my mind.  Not after last year.  Not during the Deane era.  Never.  Not once.  Just in case any of the powers that be read this board, I will make it clear: if Roc is back to coach this team next year, I will not be back.  I do not demand success every year--even the greatest coaches, coaching at the most reputable schools, have had bad years.  On the other hand, I *do* demand a commitment to excellence: an understanding that LU will do its utmost to make the programs at LU as competitive as possible.  If they bring back a coach who has demonstrated immaturity, incompetency, and incoherence, I must make the assumption that LU doesn't really want to win--and that I can not accept, nor do I feel any obligation to support it.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="964488" timestamp="1297435203"]
Have no idea who you are in real life, Bruce - but this evaluation/assessment is brilliant.  Engineer?  Attorney?  Professor?
[/quote]

Bruce is just another LU faithful.......he attends every game and has a real good idea of what goes on in the huddles and timeouts as I do. ;) ;) ;)  He sees the same crap each and every game..........something needs to change!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="964495" timestamp="1297435936"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=80099.msg964488#msg964488 date=1297435203]
Have no idea who you are in real life, Bruce - but this evaluation/assessment is brilliant.  Engineer?  Attorney?  Professor?
[/quote]

Bruce is just another LU faithful.......he attends every game and has a real good idea of what goes on in the huddles and timeouts as I do. ;) ;) ;)  He sees the same crap each and every game..........something needs to change!!!
[/quote]

And Zeek, you KNOW I think you're brilliant too!! :-* :-* :-*

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="964496" timestamp="1297436106"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80099.msg964495#msg964495 date=1297435936]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=80099.msg964488#msg964488 date=1297435203]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And Zeek, you KNOW I think you're brilliant too!! :-* :-* :-*
[/quote]
I am just glad that you are back and doing what you love.......;D ;D ;) ;) :P :P

[quote name="Bruce" post="964433" timestamp="1297402616"]

I agree with you, Cards.  Roc's lineup decisions are arbitrary and at this point appear to be driven by either spite or complete, bipolar desperation.

I'll make it clear: if you look at my post from the end of last year, I was OK with giving Roc one more year.  I wasn't one of the folks dying to run him out of town after last season, unacceptable as it was.  I wanted to see Roc succeed: he bleeds Lamar red, he works hard, this was the job he wanted, and, yes, he had a quality rep as a recruiter.  I really hoped that he would get the job done.

It was clear he felt the pressure: he went out and recruited a boatload of scorers.  I was happy--a lack of shooters to me was the biggest problem the team had the last two years.  The guys were athletic, more so than I had seen at Lamar in my time watching them.  But what has happened this year only serves to validate every criticism hurled at Roc by his detractors over the last few years.  With the talent on this team, there is no excuse for this team not to be in the top 2 or 3 in the conference.  To finish out of the conference tournament--again--is so far beyond "unacceptable" it isn't even funny.  In reality, I'm not sure what has happened in the last three weeks doesn't justify *immediate* termination--the season is lost, and at this point, I think Roc is more likely to go Bob Knight (the chair-throwing, player-choker--not the player-graduating tactical guru) than turn this thing around.

I've been a basketball season ticket holder for fifteen years.  At no time did the thought of not renewing my season tickets *ever* cross my mind.  Not after last year.  Not during the Deane era.  Never.  Not once.  Just in case any of the powers that be read this board, I will make it clear: if Roc is back to coach this team next year, I will not be back.  I do not demand success every year--even the greatest coaches, coaching at the most reputable schools, have had bad years.  On the other hand, I *do* demand a commitment to excellence: an understanding that LU will do its utmost to make the programs at LU as competitive as possible.  If they bring back a coach who has demonstrated immaturity, incompetency, and incoherence, I must make the assumption that LU doesn't really want to win--and that I can not accept, nor do I feel any obligation to support it.
[/quote]

You have my Facebook "like" with some other posters here.

I too have been ticket holders for years and with the new players brought in this year, seeing them practice felt that this was a going to be a great year and even years to look forward to.
Being enthused, talked to friends and neighbors about the team, only with egg on my face, again. This makes it hard to be a enthusiastic Lamar fan and wear the red and white, in some way, everyday.

When I think of the missed fan support from the football fans, if we had lived up to the expectations.  I spoke to football fans, who had not gone to BB games and was very interested in continuing there Lamar fan experience.  We, after seeing the BB team early, told them of what we expected.  I would say we had no gain in fan base from football, the fact is, we have loss fans and will continue to lose fans. 

I will continue to support the Lady Cards and not just the athelitic programs, but the University with wearing the colors.

Roc needs to go!!!!

The NSU vs LU game was played at 3 p.m., so a small crowd was expected. NSU is playing their steady style right now and looks to have the inside track to at least win the East Division.

It will be interesting to see what direction administration goes to possibly replace Roc... I have a feeling it won't be a huge coaching splash.

[quote name="Bruce" post="964433" timestamp="1297402616"]

[/quote]

Best analysis I have read. I knew the game was on when I left school. Instead, listened to the "Classic Rock" station on XM. I generally listen to KLVI for every game. I decided  not to be disappointed. Didn't know the score until I saw the news.

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="964593" timestamp="1297445085"]
LU finds another way to lose

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-men-s-basketball-team-finds-another-way-to-1008039.php
[/quote]

I get it now, Roc is trying to impress us with the number of ways to lose.  He wants to go down in the record books!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder