Darius Stallworth?

Jakk11

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="957102" timestamp="1296281379"]
He's got some SLC and C-USA schools looking at him.

McNeese seems to be the front runner, but that was a while back when I was told of that.
[/quote]

I believe even our local SLC school has now expressed interest.

[quote name="ST413" post="957121" timestamp="1296283741"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79475.msg957102#msg957102 date=1296281379]

McNeese seems to be the front runner, but that was a while back when I was told of that.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes indeed. But with Roc possibly on his way out, who knows how that will transpire.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="957122" timestamp="1296283835"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=79475.msg957121#msg957121 date=1296283741]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79475.msg957102#msg957102 date=1296281379]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes indeed. But with Roc possibly on his way out, who knows how that will transpire.
[/quote]

Yes that could be a difficult one.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="957100" timestamp="1296281242"]
Hope he gets a chance to play at the next level.........who is looking at him????  AAW, might be able to shed some light on this subject!!!
[/quote]

Whom ever (is this correct Nash?) that get's him will have a jewel.  The first thing the next level is going to teach him is to quit being SO UNSELFISH.  D. C. gives up too much to his teamates on offense.  His college coach is going to want him to get it in the hole!

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="957135" timestamp="1296287245"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79475.msg957100#msg957100 date=1296281242]
Hope he gets a chance to play at the next level.........who is looking at him????  AAW, might be able to shed some light on this subject!!!
[/quote]

Whom ever (is this correct Nash?) that get's him will have a jewel.  The first thing the next level is going to teach him is to quit being SO UNSELFISH.  D. C. gives up too much to his teamates on offense.  His college coach is going to want him to get it in the hole!
[/quote]

I wouldn't have the slightest idea. ;D

The question I would ask is, how many phone calls is he getting from these schools and how many at home visits?  If he is just getting letters in the mail, they mean very little.  .8 percent of all HS basketball players will play college ball at the JC, D3,D2, or D1 level.  I saw a video clip the other day on a recruiting topic and it said that for you to have a chance at a scholarship you will be getting at least 50 letters from different colleges. 
I have never seen the young man play,  but if he is 6'3 or 6'4 he better be a PG or a 2 Guard that can shoot lights out.

I beg to differ. A few years back Chris Miller also from Silsbee was a 6'4 power forward. Yes 6'4! He averaged 19.4 points per game at TSU as a starter. Anything is possible. I'm willing to bet Darius gets into a D2 school and plays some quality minutes. He does have to become more selfish to dominate that what he is currently doing. He needs to begin to dominate these games.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="957338" timestamp="1296334294"]
At 6'4 he must have been around 250 to play power forward.  A charles barkley type.  Didnt say it wasnt possible, just said it is not likely for him to play anything other than a 1 or 2.
[/quote]

DC will not be a point guard at the next level. But I have watched plenty of college basketball in my lifetime. I have seen plenty of point guards at the next level who are shorter than '6"3. Lamar is a DI (mid major), their point guards and for that matter some of their 2 guards, have all been shorter than '6"4. Seen other schools with the same makeup, all DI's. SLC is DI btw. ;)

DC will play at the next level. What position will be determined by what that particular coach is recruiting him to play.

DC will have a better chance playing the 2 vs point. I don't see anything about his game that says point, but a 2 guard is possible or 3. Lamar has had many small forwards that were 6'4 and 6'5. DC has a very long wing span and is extremely gifted. He will be a key contributer wherever he goes. Tons of NBA players from mid major schools.

Look at the many gifted players from around here over the past few years and see how they compare.For a kid to get quality minutes at the D1 level as a 2 or 3 guard he has to have exceptional ball handling and shooting skills but more importantly has to be a lock down defender on the perimeter.The D1 recruiters have a ton of folks they are looking at and only a small amount of scholarships to offer.

From what I have seen of him, he will get a chance to play at the next level.  Any scholarship opportunity is a great thing for a kid.  He'll just need to find the best opportunity for him.  I've seen lots of kids accept a scholarship at the highest level that they are offered, and then end up very unhappy due to lack of PT.  Combo of coach, school, location and lots of other things play into it.

Remember that every kid you see playing who received a scholarship was the man (or one of the top 2) at his high school.  They are used to being the man and all that it implies.  Then they go to school and usually sit for at least a year before ever seeing the court.  It's not an easy adjustment, and many don't make it past that.  It's important to make the right choice for the right reasons.  Hope this young man gets good advice from his family/coaches, etc.

Wish him the best.  Only the cream of the crop even have the opportunity...

[quote name="Pumper" post="958901" timestamp="1296592255"]
From what I have seen of him, he will get a chance to play at the next level.  Any scholarship opportunity is a great thing for a kid.  He'll just need to find the best opportunity for him.  I've seen lots of kids accept a scholarship at the highest level that they are offered, and then end up very unhappy due to lack of PT.  Combo of coach, school, location and lots of other things play into it.

Remember that every kid you see playing who received a scholarship was the man (or one of the top 2) at his high school.  They are used to being the man and all that it implies.  Then they go to school and usually sit for at least a year before ever seeing the court.  It's not an easy adjustment, and many don't make it past that.  It's important to make the right choice for the right reasons.  Hope this young man gets good advice from his family/coaches, etc.

Wish him the best.  Only the cream of the crop even have the opportunity...
[/quote]

I agree! Needs to sit down with his parents and coaches to make the best decision for him in the long run.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="957187" timestamp="1296313809"]
Prairie View, SFA, and Texas State have also sent him offers according to his folks.
[/quote]

I am not aware of any offers ... aware of visits to PV and Lee College, with possible interest from McNeese and not so much from Lamar.  I agree with BS that he needs to get more selfish ... but to his credit, he is always trying to make his teammates better, even if they don't get it.  He ought to do what a lot of kids do in the Northeast do and that is to play a year at a prep school before heading off to college.

http://www.ctpost.com/basketball/article/Prep-schools-can-provide-avenue-to-college-512963.php

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder