Time for Roc to go?

time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?

• give him the axe
    • one more year
    • Roc is the answer!

[quote name="pngtiger72" post="960173" timestamp="1296689662"]
You guys need to be realistic BCG isnt coming neither is Bob Knight or Coach K.
[/quote]

Are you suggesting that it would take a Bob Knight or a Coach K to be able to replace Roc?

I know you are so fond of him? ;) Being kin does that to ya. ;D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pngtiger72" post="960173" timestamp="1296689662"]
You guys need to be realistic BCG isnt coming neither is Bob Knight or Coach K.
[/quote]

Only person that needs to be realistic is YOU.........everyone else on this board agrees that ROC SUCKS!!!!!!  Get the picture!!!

LU will have to open the wallet for those types of coaches. Honestly, I think it would be worth someone making 200K or more it they can get the program to where it was in the late 70 and early 80's.

I remember reading at one point Lamar MBB was third in the state of Texas in attendance back then behind UT and UH.

[quote name="bigred360" post="962853" timestamp="1297188303"]
LU will have to open the wallet for those types of coaches. Honestly, I think it would be worth someone making 200K or more it they can get the program to where it was in the late 70 and early 80's.

I remember reading at one point Lamar MBB was third in the state of Texas in attendance back then behind UT and UH.

[/quote]

I find that hard to believe.......I guarantee you that Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, SMU, TCU all average more than LU does in attendance!!!

[quote name="LUFAN" post="962835" timestamp="1297186522"]
Lazeek and Coach who would you like to see LU try to go after?? I would like to look at BCG, Gottfried, or Lil Knight..   I say dream BIG....
[/quote]

Who is Lil Knight?  I hope you don't mean Pat Knight over at Texas Tech!  He's not doing that well.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="962857" timestamp="1297188405"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=79372.msg962853#msg962853 date=1297188303]

[/quote]

I find that hard to believe.......I guarantee you that Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, SMU, TCU all average more than LU does in attendance!!!
[/quote]

Sorry, that is hard to believe but that was during the Pat Foster year's and we were going to the NCAA or NIT tournaments every year. Yes, we averaged over 6500 at home during that time.  8)

No he's not - He is totally in over his head - has been since he was handed the job.  I would not be in favor of Pat Knight.  I would look at assistants at over acheiving mid major programs.  I can't hink of any names off the top of my head, but there are plenty out there that would jump at the chance to get a D-1 head job with the cahnce to coach in the WAC (if that happens).  

If the WAC move does happen I think that opens our search to guys like Gillespie - I would call guys that are assistants at major schools too.

[quote name="bigred360" post="962874" timestamp="1297191431"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79372.msg962857#msg962857 date=1297188405]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=79372.msg962853#msg962853 date=1297188303]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, that is hard to believe but that was during the Pat Foster year's and we were going to the NCAA or NIT tournaments every year. Yes, we averaged over 6500 at home during that time.  8)
[/quote]
:D :D :D  I thought you were talking now.....6500 is how many pissed off LU fans there are now!!!! ;D ;D

A far reach, but these are some [b]assistants[/b] I would go after to become head coach. Gib Arnold-USC, John Groce-Ohio St., Tony Jones-Tennessee, Derek Kellogg-Memphis, Mark Montgomery-Michigan St.  This list may be too big for us, but since we're thinking big, I figured I would put the names out there.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="962888" timestamp="1297192704"]
A far reach, but these are some [b]assistants[/b] I would go after to become head coach. Gib Arnold-USC, John Groce-Ohio St., Tony Jones-Tennessee, Derek Kellogg-Memphis, Mark Montgomery-Michigan St.   This list may be too big for us, but since we're thinking big, I figured I would put the names out there.
[/quote]

Yeah let's take your advice..........Gib Arnold is the head coach at Hawaii, John Groce is the head coach and University of Ohio,  Derek Kellog is the head coach at UMASS.  You might want to make some reccomendations that you actually know something about!!!!  We need someone with Texas ties.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami