Silsbee @ Hamshire Fannett

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="953424" timestamp="1295814668"]
HF needs a #1 draft pick like the Panthers to turn this program around. You guys should cancel your program.
[/quote]

SANTA, grinding your ax against the HF program isn't really needed here.  They have a bunch of hard working young men who at this time are still in the 21-3A playoff race.  Your comments have you pretty much on mamma's level.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="953419" timestamp="1295813896"]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=78903.msg953364#msg953364 date=1295804326]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78903.msg953320#msg953320 date=1295794888]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=78903.msg953250#msg953250 date=1295759456]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=78903.msg953018#msg953018 date=1295725603]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=78903.msg952991#msg952991 date=1295720247]
I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR"

that's a more ignorant statement than the predictions made that silsbee would blow out HF.  you're going to brag about a loss against silsbee who was without probably their 2nd best player and their head coach?  they also surely overlooked you guys.  your coach also played not to get blown out, rather than to win (according to BD).  HF may have an outside chance at the playoffs but they're still looking at at LEAST 6 losses in district this year, maybe 7 or 8.
[/quote]

Ignorance - A state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).  

I have nothing to prove to you nor anyone else here but I would have to say you don't know me because I am not at all "uninformed" nor do I "lack knowledge" about the statement that I made and stand by.  
Again I say, I'm not beating any chests nor am I bragging about a loss but it seems to me that you are making excuses (silsbee being without "probably" their 2nd best player and their head coach) as most people do after their predictions don't pan out.  Your statement sounds a little "ignorant" because if you have to say "probably" then I would think that is falls under uninformed/lack of knowledge.  If you're so sure of yourself then you would know whether or not whomever you refer to as being the 2nd best player is really the 2nd best player.  
If you're going to quote BD then get it right...he stated "the HF staff played to lose and not make it a blowout".  HF staff needs to start "playing to WIN and not make it a blowout" and have confidence in the players they have.  I've been around these players much longer than the HF staff and I know (that's having knowledge) what talent HF has.

[/quote]

sorry i paraphrased that quote... quite ignorant of me to assume you'd understand.  and yes, i'll plead some ignorance as to the best players on silsbee's squad.  i know about them, but not well enough to say who's 2nd or 3rd best behind DC.   if i'm interpreting this statement correctly "I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR" then you're saying essentially that HF would be at the top of this district with a different coaching staff.  you can say that that isn't an ignorant statement all you want, but you'd be wrong.  again, HF is certainly improved this year, but they're looking at 2 losses to silsbee, 2 to HJ, probably 2 to WOS, the loss you've already picked up against OF, and that's 7 if they win every other game.  [b]Young Mr. Hunter makes a difference, but he's not going to make that big of a difference just yet.
[/b]

[/quote]

He did not make any difference Friday night. All he did was foul, fouling out at the end of the 3rd, with just 2 points, 1 assist.
[/quote]Well..obviously this is personal. Now, after my investigation...the plan was for him not to have the ball. The plan was to have "Frenchie" handle the ball coming down the court-he's taller to see over the press..from what I was told. This is the ONLY game where J. Hunter has only scored 2pts and did not handle the ball! The ball was virtually designed to be out of his hands...believe me, I asked b/c I had never seen this b/4 in the 3 previous games. [b]Check the STATS Aggie [/b] since you have a [b]direct line [/b] to OUR books. Now if Aggie would give a little more media time to HF instead of running behind Silsbee all season, you would know first hand what he brings to this team in the 4 games he has played, not just from this one game. Now if you want a debate and possibly a fight about J. Hunter...then it's on! He works hard on the floor-100% constantly having to help out on defense when a man has been beaten. He is aggressive! Yes, I will not deny..he does foul....A LOT! So, Aggie, I invite you out more often and I surely invite you to OUR Stat Books and then maybe your reporting will be more crediable!
[/quote]

Obviously, the only one that this is personal for is you! AAW, merely set out his stat line for Friday. Sorry if it wasn't that impressive.  And he set out his observations on what he saw Friday night.  How is that personal?

And why exactly should AAW be devoting media time into Hamshire-Fannett?  He is the voice of the Silsbee Tigers, he does football, basketball and (I believe) will do baseball.  Which means he crosses paths with Hamshire-Fannett 5 times all school year.  If you can line up the kind of sponsorship that he has, I am sure that the ownership of SETXsports.com would find a way to get the Longhorns on the air!

I am happy that we have the Hunter Fan Club President on the site, but don't get snippy if some folks decide not to join that fan club!
[/quote]Well now here we go with YOUR misinterpretations... Who do you think its personal for...thats MY son...duhhh! And I will debate til the cows come home. I am not a mental telepathologist...I have no clue what is personal for Aggie. But I am sure that he can speak for himself...he's an adult. And there was only 1 Stat line...J. Hunter's...Now, regarding sponsorship...I am contributing monetarily right now by posting...have you seen the views on this thread? You guys should be thanking HF:) WOS..if I were you, I would be careful...if you keep following and posting on HF threads you too will become a Hunter Fan Club member. Heck you may take Doves spot as VP...we are having a two for one membership drive. I have got two memberships on reserve for you!

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="953431" timestamp="1295815408"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=78903.msg953419#msg953419 date=1295813896]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=78903.msg953364#msg953364 date=1295804326]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78903.msg953320#msg953320 date=1295794888]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=78903.msg953250#msg953250 date=1295759456]
I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR"

that's a more ignorant statement than the predictions made that silsbee would blow out HF.  you're going to brag about a loss against silsbee who was without probably their 2nd best player and their head coach?  they also surely overlooked you guys.  your coach also played not to get blown out, rather than to win (according to BD).  HF may have an outside chance at the playoffs but they're still looking at at LEAST 6 losses in district this year, maybe 7 or 8.
[/quote]

I have nothing to prove to you nor anyone else here but I would have to say you don't know me because I am not at all "uninformed" nor do I "lack knowledge" about the statement that I made and stand by. 
Again I say, I'm not beating any chests nor am I bragging about a loss but it seems to me that you are making excuses (silsbee being without "probably" their 2nd best player and their head coach) as most people do after their predictions don't pan out.  Your statement sounds a little "ignorant" because if you have to say "probably" then I would think that is falls under uninformed/lack of knowledge.  If you're so sure of yourself then you would know whether or not whomever you refer to as being the 2nd best player is really the 2nd best player. 
If you're going to quote BD then get it right...he stated "the HF staff played to lose and not make it a blowout".  HF staff needs to start "playing to WIN and not make it a blowout" and have confidence in the players they have.  I've been around these players much longer than the HF staff and I know (that's having knowledge) what talent HF has.

[/quote]

sorry i paraphrased that quote... quite ignorant of me to assume you'd understand.  and yes, i'll plead some ignorance as to the best players on silsbee's squad.  i know about them, but not well enough to say who's 2nd or 3rd best behind DC.  if i'm interpreting this statement correctly "I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR" then you're saying essentially that HF would be at the top of this district with a different coaching staff.  you can say that that isn't an ignorant statement all you want, but you'd be wrong.  again, HF is certainly improved this year, but they're looking at 2 losses to silsbee, 2 to HJ, probably 2 to WOS, the loss you've already picked up against OF, and that's 7 if they win every other game.  [b]Young Mr. Hunter makes a difference, but he's not going to make that big of a difference just yet.
[/b]

[/quote]

He did not make any difference Friday night. All he did was foul, fouling out at the end of the 3rd, with just 2 points, 1 assist.
[/quote]Well..obviously this is personal. Now, after my investigation...the plan was for him not to have the ball. The plan was to have "Frenchie" handle the ball coming down the court-he's taller to see over the press..from what I was told. This is the ONLY game where J. Hunter has only scored 2pts and did not handle the ball! The ball was virtually designed to be out of his hands...believe me, I asked b/c I had never seen this b/4 in the 3 previous games. [b]Check the STATS Aggie [/b] since you have a [b]direct line [/b] to OUR books. Now if Aggie would give a little more media time to HF instead of running behind Silsbee all season, you would know first hand what he brings to this team in the 4 games he has played, not just from this one game. Now if you want a debate and possibly a fight about J. Hunter...then it's on! He works hard on the floor-100% constantly having to help out on defense when a man has been beaten. He is aggressive! Yes, I will not deny..he does foul....A LOT! So, Aggie, I invite you out more often and I surely invite you to OUR Stat Books and then maybe your reporting will be more crediable!
[/quote]

Obviously, the only one that this is personal for is you! AAW, merely set out his stat line for Friday. Sorry if it wasn't that impressive.  And he set out his observations on what he saw Friday night.  How is that personal?

And why exactly should AAW be devoting media time into Hamshire-Fannett?  He is the voice of the Silsbee Tigers, he does football, basketball and (I believe) will do baseball.  Which means he crosses paths with Hamshire-Fannett 5 times all school year.  If you can line up the kind of sponsorship that he has, I am sure that the ownership of SETXsports.com would find a way to get the Longhorns on the air!

I am happy that we have the Hunter Fan Club President on the site, but don't get snippy if some folks decide not to join that fan club!
[/quote]Well now here we go with YOUR misinterpretations... Who do you think its personal for...thats MY son...duhhh! And I will debate til the cows come home. I am not a mental telepathologist...I have no clue what is personal for Aggie. But I am sure that he can speak for himself...he's an adult. And there was only 1 Stat line...J. Hunter's...Now, regarding sponsorship...I am contributing monetarily right now by posting...have you seen the views on this thread? You guys should be thanking HF:) WOS..if I were you, I would be careful...if you keep following and posting on HF threads you too will become a Hunter Fan Club member. Heck you may take Doves spot as VP...we are having a two for one membership drive. I have got two memberships on reserve for you!
[/quote]

Well, momma.  If you are gonna react like that to something so benign as someone posting your son's stat line for a game, given the tenor of posts that I have seen, I have a couple of alternatives in terms of advice to give you.  The first (which is admittedly against self interest as I am an administrator here) would be to consider not coming on the board as if you take posts like AAW's that hard, it will probably be nothing compared to what you will read in the coming years of your son's high school career, regardless of how successful he is.  If you wish not to heed my first alternative, then my alternative advice to you is to place on retainer the services of a good cardiologist and a good neurosurgeon as I truly believe that, given your reaction here, you will have a massive coronary or stroke out before your son's high school career is over.

Is this thread and it's banter helped SETXsports?  Doubtful, folks might read this one but probably don't come back and in some cases, costs us members, so don't flatter yourself.

As to the invitation of membership...I'm in the fan club of every kid who laces up in any sport.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="953423" timestamp="1295814446"]
Mommajuice you have a better chance of a African American head coach in Vidor than you do of HF winning district in basketball. Ill be honest with you dude. HF hasn't been relvant since Tillman left in like 83.
[/quote]

They may not have been "relvant" in the recent past, but it appears they are "relevant"(note the correct spelling) now.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="953386" timestamp="1295809282"]
Who in their right mind would follow HF all season. Most parents who have kids that play for HF don't keep up with them. When is the last time they had a article in the paper or a news segment about HF. Aggie is from a winning school and he follows them. HF will be a winner in some sport here soon. Maybe not this year or next year but soon. Keep that hope alive with moral victories vs Silsbee. When they beat yall by 80 next game don't say I told you so.
[/quote]

BS you really need to check your facts before you post.  Most parents who have kids that play for HF DO keep up with them.  If you're not from HF then how would you know?  Refer to my definition of ignorant which was posted earlier in this thread after a statement I made was referred to as being ignorant.  Don't take it the wrong way - I'm calling your statement ignorant not you as a person.   ::)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="953475" timestamp="1295820910"]
Here you go! Mr PHd. Dude what do you all day? Audit blog sites for spelling? We are so proud that you know how to pick thru blogs and discover misspelled words. When you happen to find one, do you A) Get a scoopy snack B) Clap your hands like a seal or C). Yell YATSI!
[/quote]

Nope-  I just try to be a thorn in the side of anyone who is trying to be a thorn in the side of well intentioned players, parents, coaches.  Can I conclude that your final word was intended to be Yahtzee?

[quote name="bullets13" post="953250" timestamp="1295759456"]

that's a more ignorant statement than the predictions made that silsbee would blow out HF.  you're going to brag about a loss against silsbee who was without probably their 2nd best player and their head coach?  they also surely overlooked you guys.  your coach also played not to get blown out, rather than to win (according to BD).  HF may have an outside chance at the playoffs but they're still looking at at LEAST 6 losses in district this year, maybe 7 or 8.
[/quote]

Again I say, I'm not beating any chests nor am I bragging about a loss but it seems to me that you are making excuses (silsbee being without "probably" their 2nd best player and their head coach) as most people do after their predictions don't pan out.  Your statement sounds a little "ignorant" because if you have to say "probably" then I would think that is falls under uninformed/lack of knowledge.  If you're so sure of yourself then you would know whether or not whomever you refer to as being the 2nd best player is really the 2nd best player. 
If you're going to quote BD then get it right...he stated "the HF staff played to lose and not make it a blowout".  HF staff needs to start "playing to WIN and not make it a blowout" and have confidence in the players they have.  I've been around these players much longer than the HF staff and I know (that's having knowledge) what talent HF has.

[/quote]

sorry i paraphrased that quote... quite ignorant of me to assume you'd understand.  and yes, i'll plead some ignorance as to the best players on silsbee's squad.  i know about them, but not well enough to say who's 2nd or 3rd best behind DC.   if i'm interpreting this statement correctly "I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR" then you're saying essentially that HF would be at the top of this district with a different coaching staff.  you can say that that isn't an ignorant statement all you want, but you'd be wrong.  again, HF is certainly improved this year, but they're looking at 2 losses to silsbee, 2 to HJ, probably 2 to WOS, the loss you've already picked up against OF, and that's 7 if they win every other game.  Young Mr. Hunter makes a difference, but he's not going to make that big of a difference just yet.

[/quote]

bullets - Glad to see you can recognize when you are being ignorant (you admitted it twice in just this post). A word from the wise - don't ASSume and there is no need for you to interpret the statement I made--just READ - it's FUNdamental.  I did not say "essentially" that HF would be at the top of this district.  My statement said just what I meant - we (HF) could handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district this year.  Believe me I know that Mr. Hunter makes a difference but it takes more than one player/coach to make a TEAM.

[quote name="stevenash" post="953486" timestamp="1295821525"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78903.msg953475#msg953475 date=1295820910]
Here you go! Mr PHd. Dude what do you all day? Audit blog sites for spelling? We are so proud that you know how to pick thru blogs and discover misspelled words. When you happen to find one, do you A) Get a scoopy snack B) Clap your hands like a seal or C). Yell YATSI!
[/quote]

Nope-  I just try to be a thorn in the side of anyone who is trying to be a thorn in the side of well intentioned players, parents, coaches.  Can I conclude that your final word was intended to be Yahtzee?
[/quote]

Nash hopefully BS was trying to be a thorn in your side as well with all of that because his A) "scoopy snack" should actually be "scooby snack"  I think he got you!  :D

[quote name="hfmom08" post="953499" timestamp="1295822208"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78903.msg953486#msg953486 date=1295821525]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78903.msg953475#msg953475 date=1295820910]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nash hopefully BS was trying to be a thorn in your side as well with all of that because his A) "scoopy snack" should actually be "scooby snack"  I think he got you!  :D
[/quote]
No doubt about it.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="953427" timestamp="1295815007"]
He wasn't significant in the OF game either, fouled out there too.
[/quote]Wow Mo...you are just as uninformed as Curley! The killing thing is that you were there and was not paying attention. Oh yea that's right...you were looking to see who all remembered you from the "dust bowl days". His coach thought he had fouled out...he only had 4 fouls. So after shaking the opposing coach's hand and sitting for forever... finally the book keeper tells the coach that "he only has 4 fouls". And for those that did not have their heads in the sand..he got back in the game in the final minute or so...9 pts I believe. You need a fact checker...all Hunter Haters have something in common!

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="953522" timestamp="1295823694"]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=78903.msg953427#msg953427 date=1295815007]
He wasn't significant in the OF game either, fouled out there too.
[/quote]Wow Mo...you are just as uninformed as Curley! The killing thing is that you were there and was not paying attention. Oh yea that's right...you were looking to see who all remembered you from the "dust bowl days". His coach thought he had fouled out...he only had 4 fouls. So after shaking the opposing coach's hand and sitting for forever... finally the book keeper tells the coach that "he only has 4 fouls". And for those that did not have their heads in the sand..he got back in the game in the final minute or so...9 pts I believe. You need a fact checker...all Hunter Haters have something in common!
[/quote]

Its all merely confirmation that the Haters are concerned about the future.  Enjoy it!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="953505" timestamp="1295822640"]
Lol
[/quote]Alright...well I  had a great time. The debate was spirited! Can't wait til next year...then there will be 2 Hunters to hate...LOL. I am sure Dove or I will be fighting new battles next week :) That lil PG is bound to do something that will be debatable. Y'all wore me out proving you wrong....

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="953539" timestamp="1295824619"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78903.msg953505#msg953505 date=1295822640]
Lol
[/quote]Alright...well I  had a great time. The debate was spirited! Can't wait til next year...then there will be 2 Hunters to hate...LOL. I am sure Dove or I will be fighting new battles next week :) That lil PG is bound to do something that will be debatable. Y'all wore me out proving you wrong....
[/quote]

I suspect the hate might increase when the two Hunters begin taking some "assumed victories" from other teams.  I must warn you, Mamma, that to use logic on here will arouse the ire of several.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="953386" timestamp="1295809282"]
Who in their right mind would follow HF all season. Most parents who have kids that play for HF don't keep up with them. When is the last time they had a article in the paper or a news segment about HF. Aggie is from a winning school and he follows them. HF will be a winner in some sport here soon. Maybe not this year or next year but soon. Keep that hope alive with moral victories vs Silsbee. When they beat yall by 80 next game don't say I told you so.
[/quote]

Here are two in the last week and a half:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Hamshire-Fannett-softball-players-sign-970640.php

The first one also appeared on all three news stations.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Interview-with-Hamshire-Fannett-shooting-guard-955301.php

Maybe Badsanta should change his name to "Badinfo" or "TypesAnythingRightOrWrong"

[quote name="Temple Dad" post="953563" timestamp="1295827229"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78903.msg953386#msg953386 date=1295809282]
[/quote]

Here are two in the last week and a half:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Hamshire-Fannett-softball-players-sign-970640.php

The first one also appeared on all three news stations.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Interview-with-Hamshire-Fannett-shooting-guard-955301.php

Maybe Badsanta should change his name to "Badinfo" or "TypesAnythingRightOrWrong"
[/quote] ;D

;D ;D

This will be my last post on this thread because the next post will be someone shocked that there is a 10/11 page discussion on this site involving HF.  But, just like there can be 23 pages of talk on the thread HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 64-56!!! there can be the same amount of talk when it comes to HF.   :o

I can't help but notice that it seems to me that Smith's talents have been suppressed this season in order to give everyone "equal playing time".  This is why subbing is so important and momma, BD and myself have talked about it several times here.  Are we subbing equal talent for equal talent or are we subbing to give everyone equal playing time (like Little Dribblers)?  If I remember correctly Smith started almost every game if not every game last year and he was a Freshman. Whether starting or coming off the bench his "gestures will render sweet fruit" (maybe not to give HF a W but even if it's just to know he did his best).

Momma - Martin is the player you referred to as "Frenchie".  Funny how you and AAW noticed Smith's talents.  Too bad that if he continues to get the inconsistent playing time he's getting he may get overlooked to be able to move on to another level but I know he will be ok no matter what because no one can ever take nor suppress the book knowledge he has received with the help of the teaching staff at HF.  Yes, he "rises up" in the classroom also.   ;)

He, along with several on this HF Varsity team were the ones who put HF back on the map several years ago when HF Little Dribblers started competing at Little Dribblers National Tournaments again after a 13 year hiatus.  As I've said before, I know that there is talent at HF and at this level of play we are not playing Little Dribblers.  There is a lot that happens between Little Dribblers years and High School Varsity years.  Some players develop more, some don't, some lose interest and move on to something they like better.  High School years are the years where you play to WIN not just to be on the team or to collect a paycheck.  If we had teachers at HF who were just there to collect a paycheck we would not be an EXEMPLARY School District.  I believe that it is possible to have both an Exemplary School District and have W's in sports also.  It takes a lot of pieces to complete this puzzle.

Like I've said before--I don't say much but when I have something to say I will say it and I WILL have knowledge of what I'm talking about.

Temple Dad I'm more that sure the ratings dropped when the story began to air. I know I would have turned the channel or turn the tv off. I'd rather watch my eye lids than a HF story. IMO they cover HF after they have covered every other possible school in the area. After they have covered a BMT Legacy rock paper scissor tourney and Kountze soda can collecting. I more than sure someone from HF called the station and said "hey what about us" and they just put a nice story together for you. Trust me dude, I use to work at Channel 6 and HF was very low on coverage. We would rather film 2 homeless people sleeping under Lucas  than put HF on the news.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder