Center vs. Jasper Game Thread/Jasper wins/Comments

WOSgrad

If you were at the game you know that Center had to play the refs from 2 minutes left in the first half until the final buzzer. It was one of the worst called games I have ever witnessed in high school basketball. Just keep in mind that when you travel 60 miles north on highway 96 it WILL be a different story. I just hope our coach doesn't call off the dogs and beats ya'll just as bad as we can. Your scorekeeper's table personnel even pulled some trickery when they failed to start running the clock in the first half for about 30 seconds and even tried to give ya'll points you did not score.

[quote name="rider78" post="948685" timestamp="1295072814"]
If you were at the game you know that Center had to play the refs from 2 minutes left in the first half until the final buzzer. It was one of the worst called games I have ever witnessed in high school basketball. Just keep in mind that when you travel 60 miles north on highway 96 it WILL be a different story. I just hope our coach doesn't call off the dogs and beats ya'll just as bad as we can. Your scorekeeper's table personnel even pulled some trickery when they failed to start running the clock in the first half for about 30 seconds and even tried to give ya'll points you did not score.
[/quote]Been there and done all that!  ;D

[/quote]

That bad huh?

In most district races I would agree that you have to win the home games and do pretty well on the road to have a chance.  I think this district is different this year.  It has already been shaken with some road wins and I look for more to come.  Listen to what I am saying, Central is going to play a role in who makes it to the playoffs.  I will give the fact the Kirbyville for most everyone in the district is a give me game.  But even though Central is 1-4, they have played every one close and had more games on the road this half then they will the second half.  I think they will probably win district next year if they keep improving.  They are a Freshman and Sophmore team. Im just thinking they will shake the tree somewhere, they almost did with Hudson last night.  The way it is shaping up is Hudson will be 6-0 or 5-2 going into the second half. Center will be 3-2 or 4-1.  Jasper will be 3-3 or 4-2 and Diboll will be 3-3 or 4-2, they play next week then the other has the bye and the other plays Kirbyville.  That leaves Huntington at Hudson Tuesday, which will be tough to win but not impossible and Central at Huntington. Huntingoon could finish IMO anywere from 3-3 to 4-2 to 2-4 depending on how they play. 

Agree no look.  They are ripe for a loss as well.  If Huntington can come in with a good game plan they can steal one. We will see Tuesday.  I think Huntington will probably do as they did with Center, try to put alot of pressure on the Davis kid like they did with the kid from Center.  They will play the 1-1-3 look or matchup look if you want to call it that because Davis' weakness is his outside shot.
However I dont think the pressure will bother Hudson like it has some in district, like Jasper.  The 2-2-1, Jasper had trouble with.  I dont know if Diboll did or not.  The 2-2-1 is a safe press unless you know how to break it. It is amazing how many teams dont know how to.  But it is really the only press Huntington can run with only 7-8 on Varsity, they have to worry about foul trouble.  But all in all, it should be a good game, tough place to play but Hudson will either bounce back from their close call on Central or get beat.  Im afraid the chance to beat Hudson was the other night when Central played them to within 1.  That will be another tough game for Huntington on Friday when they play Central.  They need to pick up at least 1 if not both. 

[/quote]
Trust me, Jasper is equal opportunity about screwing up the score.  One night, Jasper scored and it was not credited.  EVEN I saw that.  Everyone on the Jasper side seemed to understand it.  Fans were screaming bloody murder.  Finally someone from the Jasper side went around, told the Jasper coach, they talked to the scorekeeper, the other coach etc.  They all eventually agreed that Jasper had been denied a bucket they had made.  Call it incompetency if you wish.  But please do not call it trickery.  I doubt they have it together enough to trick anyone.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder