WOSgrad

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Eagle11" post="921093" timestamp="1290922213"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76698.msg921085#msg921085 date=1290921515]
Safety. Two TD's. Two 2 point conversions. Congrats to Manvel. For all their talent they are the dirtiest team I have ever seen. I am not sure how Manvel can have two players get penalized for punches to the head of our players and Padia gets ejected for protecting himself. Also Thompson gets a personal foul for pumping his fists while #17 taunted the ENTIRE game. A whole lot of talk for a player who made one catch. Like I said lots of talent, just hate seeing such bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship.
[/quote]
And for PNG, there was no bad attitude and poor sportmanship? It kinda went both ways.
[/quote]

Sure. But nothing like Manvel. Look I am not making any excuses. We got beat by the better team. I just think it is a shame to have so much talent and to be such a good team then to go and show your a** like they did. We had 6 penalties and 3 were for personal fouls. They had 16 and probably at least 10 were personal fouls.

GREAT season Indians!  Indian Nation is proud of you!  Way to fight til the end!  I really think if we would've kept our cool and not let the smack talk get to us this would've been a different outcome but that's football!  Congrats to Manvel and good luck the rest of the way!

[quote name="akifan94" post="921098" timestamp="1290922516"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=76698.msg921093#msg921093 date=1290922213]
Safety. Two TD's. Two 2 point conversions. Congrats to Manvel. For all their talent they are the dirtiest team I have ever seen. I am not sure how Manvel can have two players get penalized for punches to the head of our players and Padia gets ejected for protecting himself. Also Thompson gets a personal foul for pumping his fists while #17 taunted the ENTIRE game. A whole lot of talk for a player who made one catch. Like I said lots of talent, just hate seeing such bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship.
[/quote]
And for PNG, there was no bad attitude and poor sportmanship? It kinda went both ways.
[/quote]

Sure. But nothing like Manvel. Look I am not making any excuses. We got beat by the better team. I just think it is a shame to have so much talent and to be such a good team then to go and show your a** like they did. We had 6 penalties and 3 were for personal fouls. They had 16 and probably at least 10 were personal fouls.
[/quote]Its football...Just because a team gets a PF penalty does make them dirty..Like I said earlier they had 10 PF penalties thats 150 yards worth..Png did not take advantage of this..Its funny to me that a few fans get on here after every game complaining about how dirty Pngs opponent was.If you go back and look at the season stats you will see that Png was not a bunch of choir boys themselves..

[quote name="pirate68" post="921112" timestamp="1290923132"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76698.msg921098#msg921098 date=1290922516]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Its football...Just because a team gets a PF penalty does make them dirty..Like I said earlier they had 10 PF penalties thats 150 yards worth..Png did not take advantage of this..Its funny to me that a few fans get on here after every game complaining about how dirty Pngs opponent was.If you go back and look at the season stats you will see that Png was not a bunch of choir boys themselves..
[/quote]

Agreed, pentalities and turnovers killed us tonight!!!!!

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="921111" timestamp="1290923068"]
[quote author=Krewsky link=topic=76698.msg921108#msg921108 date=1290922940]
I'd rather be an Indian than a Hokahey!  Whatever that is!

[/quote]Hoka Hey... means fight til' you die for your team!  PNG definitely has some HOKA HEY in them.  Kids are not quitters.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.  And yes the Indians didn't quit.  Y'all had just too many points to overcome.  Best of luck to Manvel.

[quote name="pirate68" post="921112" timestamp="1290923132"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is not the point. Stick to Vidor sports.

[quote name="Krewsky" post="921108" timestamp="1290922940"]
I'd rather be an Indian than a Hokahey!  Whatever that is!

[/quote]

Google it...it's a Soux INDIAN battle cry that means "This is a good day to die!"  Not sure why.a team whose mascot is a wild horse uses a Indian battle cry but our boys fought and "died" like WARRIORS so Hokahey boys HO KA HEY!!

[quote name="akifan94" post="921118" timestamp="1290923562"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=76698.msg921112#msg921112 date=1290923132]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That is not the point. Stick to Vidor sports.
[/quote]What is the point then? I hate that Png lost would have like for a setx team to win it all..Png had 4 Pf penalties called on them when they played us but I was not on here complaining about it..Thats my point.

[quote name="API steve" post="921133" timestamp="1290925020"]
Make no mistake; Manville is the dirtiest team in the area. Even their fans were taunting........................
[/quote]

Come on enough dude. I have had run ins with Nederland, PNG baseball, Brenham baseball, and there was taunting , foul language etc by the other teams, but some things you have to let go. Every fan base and team has its jerks.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="921135" timestamp="1290925500"]
[quote author=API steve link=topic=76698.msg921133#msg921133 date=1290925020]
Make no mistake; Manville is the dirtiest team in the area. Even their fans were taunting........................
[/quote]

Come on enough dude. I have had run ins with Nederland, PNG baseball, Brenham baseball, and there was taunting , foul language etc by the other teams, but some things you have to let go. Every fan base and team has its jerks.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Yea, apparently you and I are like 2 peas in a pod to some over here because we speak the truth?[/b][/color] ::)

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="921136" timestamp="1290925700"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76698.msg921135#msg921135 date=1290925500]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Yea, apparently you and I are like 2 peas in a pod to some over here because we speak the truth?[/b][/color] ::)
[/quote]

Who knows, I just get frustrated like you because of the personal attacks and the inability to distinguish good ol bantering with personal attacks. Oh well a lot of great folks on here, that is why I come back, not  because of the ones who upset us.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="921135" timestamp="1290925500"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree every school has their has there bad apples.
I do not think manvel is the dirtiest team in area. They are trying to be physical and sometimes it goes beyond the whistle

[quote name="fwstangs" post="921139" timestamp="1290926078"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76698.msg921136#msg921136 date=1290925700]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who knows, I just get frustrated like you because of the personal attacks and the inability to distinguish good ol bantering with personal attacks. Oh well a lot of great folks on here, that is why I come back, not  because of the ones who upset us.
[/quote]

I don't care.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="921142" timestamp="1290926229"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76698.msg921139#msg921139 date=1290926078]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who knows, I just get frustrated like you because of the personal attacks and the inability to distinguish good ol bantering with personal attacks. Oh well a lot of great folks on here, that is why I come back, not  because of the ones who upset us.
[/quote]

I know I don't.
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Wow FwStangs...you make friends fast...hehehe![/b][/color]

[quote name="PNGFan" post="921142" timestamp="1290926229"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76698.msg921139#msg921139 date=1290926078]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know I don't.
[/quote]

Believe me, the feeling is mutual PNGfan. If I was like some SETX posters I would now call PNG fans the dirtiest un sportsmanlike fans in the area. But I will not let one bad apple taint a great fan base! Have a good day!

I agree, you're going to have "bad apples" with every fan base.  Tonight, however, the taunting and "dirtiness" of the Manvel players, coaches, and fans went way overboard.  Not being a sore loser, as many will say, but I was there, I saw it and as you can see, several other posters feel the same way.  I was texting while at the game, saw a lot of the unneccesary hits in the head, taunting, etc. that were never called by the refs.  This is to be expected, however, not to the extreme that Manvel was carrying it.  The Manvel coach stayed on the field forever, whining and crying to the refs and was acting like a 2 year old. I agree, Manvel has a lot of good athletes, however, I think thier immature behavior is going to do them in.  Best of luck to LaMarque......pulling for you in your victory over Manvel.  Just watch your back...the cheap shots will be in abundance from this Manvel team. End of discussion.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="921153" timestamp="1290927013"]
The problem with you is you only get on here to run your mouth. Never nothing positive comes out of it.
[/quote]

Like your post above right. Maybe if you would read more you would find a lot of positive posts. Way to go Manvel! So who is going to win the next game PNGfan, add some value. I have Manvel beating LM due to depth. Who do you have, add some value! And I believe my post said that there are a lot of very good people on this board who keep me coming back, in spite of the ones who do not add value, like you right now. Later, hope your baskeball and baseball teams have good seasons!

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="921158" timestamp="1290927612"]
I agree, you're going to have "bad apples" with every fan base.  Tonight, however, the taunting and "dirtiness" of the Manvel players, coaches, and fans went way overboard.  Not being a sore loser, as many will say, but I was there, I saw it and as you can see, several other posters feel the same way.  I was texting while at the game, saw a lot of the unneccesary hits in the head, taunting, etc. that were never called by the refs.  This is to be expected, however, not to the extreme that Manvel was carrying it.  The Manvel coach stayed on the field forever, whining and crying to the refs and was acting like a 2 year old. I agree, Manvel has a lot of good athletes, however, I think thier immature behavior is going to do them in.  Best of luck to LaMarque......pulling for you in your victory over Manvel.  Just watch your back...the cheap shots will be in abundance from this Manvel team. End of discussion.
[/quote][color=navy][b]

Hmmmm...sounds like the game between LM and Lumberton a few years back. I'm sure both teams had legitimate complaints on both sides but I'm also quite sure there were people making stuff up to bolster their arguments. NO Lumberton this isn't an invitation to relive your 15 minutes of fame again so don't even bother....lol! Also, I think our undisciplined ways could cost us next week so who's gonna win...somebodies got to win?[/b][/color]