West Orange-Stark 21 Brookshire Royal 24 Final

WOSgrad

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
Congrats to WOS on a tough season filled tragedy and triumph.

Tough loss, but the young men that wore the silver and blue, you guys grew up alot this football season and it will make you stronger as you go through the toughest game of all...LIFE!!!!
The city of Orange should be proud.

I have to admit, I am shocked. I had the Stangs making the state championship game.

Crow can be served, I'll take my medicine.

Coop, question. How can WOS continue to return 90% of their team each year? Didn't you say they were returning 19 starters from last season? Now they will return about the same. Don't see how that can be?

[quote name="rykerx144" post="914093" timestamp="1290233257"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=76366.msg914092#msg914092 date=1290233142]
Wimberly is my pick to go to the finals against Brownwood.
[/quote]

I know we dont have spell check anymore, but I think you spelt it wrong Coop!  its Kirbyville with a K
[/quote] No. W for Wimberely.  :D

I'll take my crow barbequed please!  I really figured that WO-S was going to take this one.  Kudos to the Falcons for doing what needed to get done.

And to the Mustangs, you young men have grown in measures that can't be described...and measures young men your age should not have to grow in.  You have represented your community well and make me still proud to say that I graduated from West Orange-Stark high school.

I'm a diehard Mustang fan and I'm proud of how the guys fought tonight, but I'm sick of hearing people say we're young next year we'll be good. How long will we keep singing that same tune. It won't matter if we can't make better decisions in big games. I know we had alot of turnovers, but the fake punt deep in your own territory just set the tone for the game. You just handed the other team a touchdown and it was hard for these kids to get into a rhythm after that. Then you get in scoring position and you decide to go for an unmakable fieldgoal where you usually go for it with a kid that may have attempted four field goals. You can't dig a hole for your players cause then they go in panic mode and make mistake after mistake just like we saw in the first half. That fake punt is usually something you'll see with teams that feel like they can't win unless they have trick  plays. The PC's need to work on getting plays in quicker. There is no excuse for the offense receiving the play with 10 sec. Left everytime. Good comeback.

Just finished reading 13 pages of posts on this particular topic. I would like say Congrats to the WOS Mustangs for another winning season and an exciting one to. It went down to the wire tonight even though they had a bad game and these things happen in high school football. Turnovers in the playoffs will chew you up and spit you out!!!  
To all you dedicated Kirbyville fans--GOOD LUCK. I will be there to support you now that my Mustangs are out. I was really hoping for the rematch but it was not meant to be.  
I appreciate the kind words from most of the Kirbyville fans and to the ones who can't seem to be kind I hope you grow up one day and learn to appreciate the game and the kids who pour their hearts into it. If you are retaliating to bashing from another individual, then please learn to be a bigger man and let it go. Some people get on these sites for the wrong reasons.  
However, most of us are really dedicated fans who are into this sport for the "love of the game and the kids who work their butts off to be the best that they can be". We all want to win or we wouldn't be fans.                        
KIRBYVILLE---we are counting on you to now represent our little corner of TEXAS. If you do play in Beaumont, as previously stated on another post, I  hope we pack the house to support you with TRUE FANS from all over East and SE Texas.

Congratulations to Brookshire Royal.  

This was a tough loss to swallow.  In my opinion, we lost this game in the [u]first half[/u].  The biggest reason was our defense doing a poor job of wrapping up the RB Williams.  Yes, he's as good as we've seen all year, but last year we shut him down.  We could've done much better.  We were tackling high and didn't seem to have intensity early on defense.  

Additionally, 1) the six or seven turnovers really hurt; 2) the faked punt at our nine yard line (which was NOT called by the coaches); and 3) not attepting to return BR's final punt in the game that pinned us back deep were all contributing factors to losing this game.  If we would have corrected any one of those errors, the outcome probably could've been different.  Still, what stands out to me most is the bad defensive play in the first half.  

This was a very winnable game, but all it takes is one flat perfomance in the playoffs and you're done.  Now we're sitting home like Brenham and The Woodlands.  I hope the winner of the Kirbyville vs. Coldspring game wins it all.  

It was cool to see both teams after last night joining together and saying the Lord's Prayer.  Thanks to the BR coaching staff and players for joining our team in that show of support.  Even though we're exitting too early, this has been a memorable year that will affect our team, coaches, and community for a lifetime.    

THIS WO-S FAN  (ME)  :) will be pulling for KIRBYVILLE  ALL THE WAY  and  i got a good feeling your  kids  WILL BE--------(STATE CHAMPS). ok now BR took it to wos lastnight but WE WILL BE BACK just hold your heads up  you gave it all you had lastnight but and i am (VERY PROUD ) of all of you. i am not crying over this but would like to know what happned on the (2) no calls #1. the safty that was that was not called #2. the  TD that was not called when the kid  ran over back of the BR  back and hit the  cone and was in the end zone what happned there why no call for the TD. in closeing where was ROBERTS most of the 3rd QT and 4thQT he was not on the sidelines what happned to him

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin