West Orange-Stark 21 Brookshire Royal 24 Final

WOSgrad

[quote name="king" post="914539" timestamp="1290286428"]
Royal had like 13 penalties so that is even out? Royal also shot there self in the foot too
[/quote]

you cant compare 6 turnovers to 13 penalties!!  You can easily pull off a win in the second and third round with 13 penalties.  I dont care who you are you will not win past the 2 or 3rd round with 6 turnovers!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rykerx144" post="914585" timestamp="1290287986"]
[quote author=king link=topic=76366.msg914539#msg914539 date=1290286428]
Royal had like 13 penalties so that is even out? Royal also shot there self in the foot too
[/quote]

you cant compare 6 turnovers to 13 penalties!!  You can easily pull off a win in the second and third round with 13 penalties.  I dont care who you are you will not win past the 2 or 3rd round with 6 turnovers!!
[/quote]

Brownwood Can..... ;D ;D

[quote name="First Down" post="914048" timestamp="1290231473"]
Congrats to WOS on a tough season filled tragedy and triumph.

Tough loss, but the young men that wore the silver and blue, you guys grew up alot this football season and it will make you stronger as you go through the toughest game of all...LIFE!!!!
The city of Orange should be proud.
[/quote]

I agree the city of Orange should be proud. However all I hear are excuses from some of our fans. The better team won tonight. Give credit where credit is due.

Coop, how about a congrats to the coaches and the boys instead of yet another "wait till next year". The kids played hard not as smart as usual and that cost us. Congrats to both teams. Good luck to all teams left playing.

Thanks to the Kville fans for all of the compliments to our boys. It was a tough season and they made it through. Very classy from Kville. Good luck to the Wildcats from your new fan.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="914089" timestamp="1290233005"]
Coop, was the Williams kid the best back you've seen this year?
[/quote]

Not sure what Coop's answer will be but I will tell you he is the best back that has played against WOS with the kid from Kville being a very close second. That being said he may have played the game of his life but I'm not sure I've seen a RB do what he did to a WOS defense.

[quote name="td" post="915929" timestamp="1290381091"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=76366.msg914089#msg914089 date=1290233005]
[/quote]

Not sure what Coop's answer will be but I will tell you he is the best back that has played against WOS with the kid from Kville being a very close second. That being said he may have played the game of his life but I'm not sure I've seen a RB do what he did to a WOS defense.
[/quote] Close call on the RB's. May have to give the edge to Ford. WO-S killed themselves against BR with Turnovers. The BR Running Back had a short field to run a few times because of the Turnovers.

[quote name="td" post="915929" timestamp="1290381091"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=76366.msg914089#msg914089 date=1290233005]
[/quote]

[/quote] WO-S Defense didn't seem to get physical enough with him until the 2nd half for some reason.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="914621" timestamp="1290289971"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=76366.msg914585#msg914585 date=1290287986]
[quote author=king link=topic=76366.msg914539#msg914539 date=1290286428]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Brownwood Can..... ;D ;D
[/quote]they wouldnt turnover the ball 6 times  ;)  

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="915963" timestamp="1290383308"]
[quote author=td link=topic=76366.msg915929#msg915929 date=1290381091]
[/quote]

[/quote] Close call on the RB's. May have to give the edge to Ford. WO-S killed themselves against BR with Turnovers. The BR Running Back had a short field to run a few times because of the Turnovers.
[/quote]

223 yards isn't all short fields. The guy broke away and if JT hadn't dove for him he would have been long gone. I'm just giving the kid props where he earned them. He can't control WOS killing themselves now can he. All he could do was run against whatever we put out there and he ran for 223 yards. Anyone remember the last time a back has ran for that many yards against WOS defense? I'm not saying it hasn't happened just that watching the kid run was impressive. Just as watching Ford run is impressive. Our kids don't get run over too often.

I'm late but here is my thoughts.
If you were to tell me before the game that BR would score 24 points I would have no concerns because I would expect WO-S to score in the 30's at least.
I said that one man would not beat WO-S and that it would take a team effort.Even though Williams had over 200 yards and he made it look easy that is all BR had.
WO-S seemed to move the ball between the 20's all night and then would shoot themselfs in the foot time and time again.I agree with Gas that a little more effort at certain times would have helped.You never know when a good team is going to have a bad night.That's why they say anything can happen in the playoffs.
I still think WO-S has the better team in the long run but BR was the better team Friday without a doubt.I also agree with Gas that our weak district gives us a false sense that we will steam roll in the playoffs.
Never the less, I'm very pround of these kids and the reason goes without mentioning.These kids did give 112%.

I will never understand why we don't put points on the board whenever we can. We were well within field goal range two times and went for it. We could have had 6 points but instead got 0!! In playoffs, we need points anytime we can get them...

All of that aside though, I am extremely proud of our Mustangs. The season they had could have easily been an excuse to slack. Instead, they picked themselves up and carried on the dream. I know for a fact that these boys have grown up this season. We are very proud of them!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="916125" timestamp="1290392365"]
There is a reason most if not all recruiting services has Williams one of the top recruits in the state. He is way up on the RB list and Ford is not,

Both are very good backs but I would say Williams is better. 223 against WOS, nuff said.
[/quote]

agreed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder