West Orange-Stark 21 Brookshire Royal 24 Final

WOSgrad

Roberts was on the side line, the word was he had a concussion. 
We had a very good year , in light of all that this team had to endue. We just had to many errors in the is game, 7 turnovers . My comment all week was if don't hang on to the pumpkin it'll be tough to win.

Don't want to whine about the refs but there were some poor calls. I was at the game and it appeard the Williams moved on every play before the snap. They only called it a couple times. Also got some terrible spots,  1 inch on two different occasions and this game was a Win for WOS.

I expected Willams to do well , he is very good. We were not wrapping him up. He is the team, if they lose him they have nothing offensivly, their defense played a good game. I can't see them making it much farther

I'll be pulling for Kirbyville to make a run. Will be at the game next week in Beaumont.  Go cats...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who is not a WO-S fan, I would like to congratulate you on a great season.  It was an emotional roller coaster, and had things that high school kids should not experience until much later in life.  Those experiences will make you stronger, and you were forced to deal with this early.  Good luck to each of you as you continue to grow, and best of luck next season.

BR thew a couple of passes that hurt us, and over threw one that would have been a TD early in the game. But their passing game is not sharp.  The one long ball they completed was a sloppy defense play by us inside the five yard line, we had them on a fourth and long from our 35 and they completed that pass which I believe set up the third touchdown.

I was looking forward to the rematch myself think it is good for southeast Texas to have that kind of game between two great teams, but at this point want to congratulate the mustangs on one heck of a season even with everything they went through they kept plugging and I know they will be back again next year. And look forward to seeing those WOS fans help us fill LAMARS stadium this Friday. We have to stick together. AGAIN great season WOS.

congrats to royal! #5 is a beast and faltened quite a few mustang defenders last night! the kid runs like a semi truck! what a ride we had this season. i cant speak for everyone involved with the team but i can speak for my son #89, this is a season that he will never forget with events that will impact his life forever. im not gonna sit on here and spew a bunch of coulda, shoulda, and woulda excuses...thats garbage! i will give credit where credit is due and eat my crow. i also would like to apologize to the kville faithful. i may have let my mouth overload my a$$ and karma caught up to me. me and my familia will be at the game next week in wos gear rooting for the wildcats. i look forward to next year but its gonna be different not seeing#89 put those much needed xp's on the board regularly... :'(

Week 5 or 6 or what ever it was Kirbyville played WOS at Orange.  This was the first game I have ever been too that when two teams played it didnt feel like you was playing against someone but playing with them! Kirbyville won on the scoreboard but that was all.  Since then the Stangs have put on one heck of a show.  You kids are amazing for what you went through and accomplished this year.  You fought to the very end! South East Texas is proud of you.  I know this was a tough lose and even though playing football is over the season has not ended.  Every team in this area has been playing with 12 on their helmet and 112% in their heart!  Football has ended but the Mustang Spirit plays on!  Go Kats!!  

Wow, dont know what to say, great job mustangs, you made us proud last night by not giving up. you gave it 112% and thats all that we ask. Im heartbroken that yall lost, but also am very proud at how yall reacted to a very tough year. Keep your heads up and things will go your way. Seniors, take this season as a learning experience for the rest of your life. Life throws you curveballs, but you can hit a curveball just like you can a fastball. i enjoyed watching yall and the experience of what you have been through will help you with the rest of your lives! To the underclassmen...time to get ready for next year. Yall will probably be the most experienced team in a long time from what you have gone through. People will try to knock you down, and people may knock you down, but its getting up thats the important part. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get better from the experience. Were all behind you guys! Mustangs forever! 112%

To Bryce Crew, buddy, you came a long way this season. From being green and unexperienced to becoming one of the best kickers we have ever had. i feel proud to have been able to work with you, and it helped me too. Dont hang up your cleats buddy, you have alot of football left to play after this year!!!

All in all, I enjoyed the ride. thanks Stangs!

[quote name="kicker" post="914300" timestamp="1290271392"]
Wow, dont know what to say, great job mustangs, you made us proud last night by not giving up. you gave it 112% and thats all that we ask. Im heartbroken that yall lost, but also am very proud at how yall reacted to a very tough year. Keep your heads up and things will go your way. Seniors, take this season as a learning experience for the rest of your life. Life throws you curveballs, but you can hit a curveball just like you can a fastball. i enjoyed watching yall and the experience of what you have been through will help you with the rest of your lives! To the underclassmen...time to get ready for next year. Yall will probably be the most experienced team in a long time from what you have gone through. People will try to knock you down, and people may knock you down, but its getting up thats the important part. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get better from the experience. Were all behind you guys! Mustangs forever! 112%

To Bryce Crew, buddy, you came a long way this season. From being green and unexperienced to becoming one of the best kickers we have ever had. i feel proud to have been able to work with you, and it helped me too. Dont hang up your cleats buddy, you have alot of football left to play after this year!!!

[/quote]

thanks for the incredibly kind words! you will never understand how much you meant to bryce this year both on and off the field. he looked to you as a coach and leader and you did an incredible job! he asked me everyday had i talked to you and had you given me any advice to pass to him. he noticed everything you did and tried to execute everything you taught him. you were HIS coach and we as a family are very thankful.

[quote name="venom33" post="914285" timestamp="1290269643"]
congrats to royal! #5 is a beast and faltened quite a few mustang defenders last night! the kid runs like a semi truck! what a ride we had this season. i cant speak for everyone involved with the team but i can speak for my son #89, this is a season that he will never forget with events that will impact his life forever. im not gonna sit on here and spew a bunch of coulda, shoulda, and woulda excuses...thats garbage! i will give credit where credit is due and eat my crow. i also would like to apologize to the kville faithful. i may have let my mouth overload my a$$ and karma caught up to me. me and my familia will be at the game next week in wos gear rooting for the wildcats. i look forward to next year but its gonna be different not seeing#89 put those much needed xp's on the board regularly... :'(
[/quote]

Thanks for the props...WO-S will be back next year bigger and better than ever...Good Luck Stangs.. ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="914331" timestamp="1290274626"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=76366.msg914285#msg914285 date=1290269643]
[/quote]

Thanks for the props...WO-S will be back next year bigger and better than ever...Good Luck Stangs.. ;)
[/quote]

Good luck to yall buddy! Were behind yall now. Lets get a trophy!!!!

[quote name="venom33" post="914320" timestamp="1290273404"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=76366.msg914300#msg914300 date=1290271392]

[/quote]

thanks for the incredibly kind words! you will never understand how much you meant to bryce this year both on and off the field. he looked to you as a coach and leader and you did an incredible job! he asked me everyday had i talked to you and had you given me any advice to pass to him. he noticed everything you did and tried to execute everything you taught him. you were HIS coach and we as a family are very thankful.
[/quote]

Thanks SC, but i will continue to work with him and will always be here for him. Hes a great kid, with great potential. Now we can get ready for baseball season, and I know a little bit about that too. ;)  Anyways, now I have to teach him how to kick off the ground. By using the 1" tee this season, it will be an easy transfer. Well get him ready for college. It took me about 2 days to learn, and with how smart and coachable he is, I bet he will be there in one day. I feel bad for him because of the loss, but the lifes lessons that he went through this season will help him become a very successful adult. Another good thing is that there wont be a situation he will face that will make him nervous. He's already past that. I will be in contact with you about what we discussed the other day. I need a DVD asap, Ive called my contacts and they are ready to look at him.

First and foremost I would like to thank MOST fellow SE Texas fans for the kind words. These kids have been thru a bunch this season and as a Mustang fan I am proud of how they picked themselves up and played hard. And I am proud to say that I am from SE Texas regarding how we have all come together as a community.

The Mustangs just made some errors last night both mental and physical and it cost them. You can't play that way this late in the season. Below is what I feel were major errors in this game.

1. 6 turnovers, you just can't do it this late in the season. You have this many you are just about guaranteed a loss.

2. The fake punt inside the 10. It set the tone for the game and we never really recovered from it. Also, this was NOT a planned call, it was a miscommunication on the field by the players. Again, the coaches can't get on the field and play the game.

3. Coming up short inside the 10 late in the first half. If we score there we are down 14-7 and get the ball to start the second half. Would have been a huge mental advantage.

4. Not returning the quick kick late in the game before we started that final drive. Had we got back and returned that kick we would have had it around the 50 yard line at worst instead of our own 20. Again, would have given us someting manageable and would have been a huge mental lift. If we get it there, I think we would have had a shot. When they downed the ball at the 20 it kind of took away some of our momentum. Again, this is NOT on the coaches. I saw them trying to get the return man to get back, but it was just one of those mental errors we made that compounded.

5. We just didn't play as physical as we have been. They brought it to us rather than us bring it to them like we have been. There were 2 times that we could have put our head down and got an extra yard last night but instead we decided to dance and try to get 90 instead of one. Once was on the ill fated fake punt. If we put our head down there we get the first down easily. And on the goal line in the first half when we came up inches short. You just have to get physical this time of year and sacrifice your body a little because there is no tomorrow. If we cut it up there and put our head down we get into the endzone easily and don't give the officials a chance to make a bad call. Put your head down and get a yard!

6. Once again, I do not think our late season schedule does anything to prepare us for the playoffs. No offense, but you fall into a trap of thinking that you can just manhandle everyone like the ones you do late in the season and it just don't happen. I still feel like WOS "should and could" have won that game but they just didn't show up mentally.

That being said, B Williams is a flat out stud! He has size, speed and that burst he has is crazy. No offense at all to Ford, I think he is a great RB, but Williams is the best I've seen due to that burst. You think you have him strung out then he goes from 0-60 in a step and the kid is always running down hill and finishes his runs like no one I've seen. Please don't be offended by that Kville fans because you are my team now. Just giving my honest opinion and I also think Kville is a much better "team".

[quote name="Gasilla" post="914348" timestamp="1290276082"]
First and foremost I would like to thank MOST fellow SE Texas fans for the kind words. These kids have been thru a bunch this season and as a Mustang fan I am proud of how they picked themselves up and played hard. And I am proud to say that I am from SE Texas regarding how we have all come together as a community.

The Mustangs just made some errors last night both mental and physical and it cost them. You can't play that way this late in the season. Below is what I feel were major errors in this game.

1. 6 turnovers, you just can't do it this late in the season. You have this many you are just about guaranteed a loss.

2. The fake punt inside the 10. It set the tone for the game and we never really recovered from it. Also, this was NOT a planned call, it was a miscommunication on the field by the players. Again, the coaches can't get on the field and play the game.

3. Coming up short inside the 10 late in the first half. If we score there we are down 14-7 and get the ball to start the second half. Would have been a huge mental advantage.

4. Not returning the quick kick late in the game before we started that final drive. Had we got back and returned that kick we would have had it around the 50 yard line at worst instead of our own 20. Again, would have given us someting manageable and would have been a huge mental lift. If we get it there, I think we would have had a shot. When they downed the ball at the 20 it kind of took away some of our momentum. Again, this is NOT on the coaches. I saw them trying to get the return man to get back, but it was just one of those mental errors we made that compounded.

5. We just didn't play as physical as we have been. They brought it to us rather than us bring it to them like we have been. There were 2 times that we could have put our head down and got an extra yard last night but instead we decided to dance and try to get 90 instead of one. Once was on the ill fated fake punt. If we put our head down there we get the first down easily. And on the goal line in the first half when we came up inches short. You just have to get physical this time of year and sacrifice your body a little because there is no tomorrow. If we cut it up there and put our head down we get into the endzone easily and don't give the officials a chance to make a bad call. Put your head down and get a yard!

6. Once again, I do not think our late season schedule does anything to prepare us for the playoffs. No offense, but you fall into a trap of thinking that you can just manhandle everyone like the ones you do late in the season and it just don't happen. I still feel like WOS "should and could" have won that game but they just didn't show up mentally.

That being said, B Williams is a flat out stud! He has size, speed and that burst he has is crazy. No offense at all to Ford, I think he is a great RB, but Williams is the best I've seen due to that burst. You think you have him strung out then he goes from 0-60 in a step and the kid is always running down hill and finishes his runs like no one I've seen. Please don't be offended by that Kville fans because you are my team now. Just giving my honest opinion and I also think Kville is a much better "team".

[/quote]

I agree completely Gas. We just gave it to them.

Can not put that game on our defense!  They didn't have their best outing, but had big timely stops when needed! 14 points were handed to royal from our turnovers! Our talent showed in the end but it was too late! Wayy too many errors to win a playoff game! But good season mustangs you over came a lot this year and played hard!

We stopped everything else BR had. But when Williams ran the ball he wasn't for the most part being touched till he was in our secondary and then it is a mismatch, 205lbs at full speed against  160-170 pounders and that is a mismatch. I feel oustside of the turnovers, we lost the battle in the trenches.  I've never feared us playing bigger teams, but when they are bigger and as athletic as we are, those are the teams that give us problems.  Make no mistake BR did not win this game with smoke and mirrors they are a team to be reckoned with, but I do believe if Kville plays a solid mistake free game I think they will come out on top, because not only do they have the running game, but also the passing game to do damage.  Kville's QB I believe will have a big say in who wins this game.  Learn from WO-S's mistakes and you will be successful...GO Wildcats Orange County is behind you...REPRESENT!!!!!!

First, I want to say good job wos, yall had a huge tragedy to overcome and still had a spectacular season. But some crow does need to be served.

chs11- just got done watching film of BR vs. columbus from reg. season, and WO-S might need to watch out on this one, BR's running back is very nifty. 

KFDM KERRY COOPER - WO-S HAS the Defense to keep him under control

chs 11 - Maybe this year's brookshire royal squad will play the same role as last year's coldspring trojan squad?, in "upset" fashion? I think so. Brookshire royal-33      wos-30

WOSgrad - "Mmmmmm....I don't so, Tim"

(score was wrong, but I got the score differential right.) Would've loved to play yall in the fourth round. Better luck luck next year though. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

[quote name="chs11" post="914457" timestamp="1290282365"]
First, I want to say good job wos, yall had a huge tragedy to overcome and still had a spectacular season. But some crow does need to be served.

chs11- just got done watching film of BR vs. columbus from reg. season, and WO-S might need to watch out on this one, BR's running back is very nifty. 

KFDM KERRY COOPER - WO-S HAS the Defense to keep him under control

chs 11 - Maybe this year's brookshire royal squad will play the same role as last year's coldspring trojan squad?, in "upset" fashion? I think so. Brookshire royal-33      wos-30

WOSgrad - "Mmmmmm....I don't so, Tim"

(score was wrong, but I got the score differential right.) Would've loved to play yall in the fourth round. Better luck luck next year though. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

[/quote] TURNOVERS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder