Uh, don't look now, but.......

The WAC is in a huge mess. Benson is the worse conference head in all the nation, including DII, DIII, and NAIA.
Utah st will go MWC after TCU leaves. Then what for the WAC?  Fold?
The WAC should have built an eastern division  like I said and many others said, but instead they added Denver.

I dunno if LU should join, especially with an idiot like Benson. Lamar is not first in line for the Sunbelt or CUSA.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="912966" timestamp="1290183081"]
IMO, Lamar would be prostituting themselves by making this jump just like ULL & ULM are having to do...Just to be able to say you're D-1?? I'd rather be 1-AA & win year in & year out. Winning is fun and fans WANT to come watch winners. Just my opinion.
[/quote]Wanting to leave the kiddie table for the big table is not prostituting. Lamar is best rejoing La tech, UNT, ULL, and Ark st in a conference. How could that happen?

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="912966" timestamp="1290183081"]
IMO, Lamar would be prostituting themselves by making this jump just like ULL & ULM are having to do...Just to be able to say you're D-1?? I'd rather be 1-AA & win year in & year out. Winning is fun and fans WANT to come watch winners. Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Just before you hear it from TexasTerror, it is FCS and FBS at the DI level of college football.  ;D

[quote name="UNLV" post="913005" timestamp="1290187065"]
If the WAC folds, should we take UTSA and Texas st back?    ;D
[/quote]

They wouldn't come back, they'd flounder as an indep and then try to find a conference.

The WAC is at risk of not being an actually football conference now that Hawaii has made the jump. I believe that the remaining teams in the league all have/had losing records this past season or the one before.

The WAC this year:
* - Boise State 5-0 9-0 GONE
* - Hawaii 5-1 7-3 GONE
* - Nevada 4-1 9-1 GONE
* - Fresno State 4-2 6-3 GONE

[b]Louisiana Tech 3-3 4-6
Utah State 2-4 4-6
Idaho 1-4 4-6
x - New Mexico State 1-5 2-8
x - San Jose State 0-5 1-9
TSU-SM 0-1 Against FBS this year
UTSA 0-0 [/b]

Trust me, you don't want to be grouped with these guys. The WAC has just taken a nose dive. Don't be surprised if you see the other teams trying to get out before it's too late

Well, UNLV, if you did that you know what you'd have???? a 2010 version of the Southland Conference, think about it. Those are the same schools that belonged to the southland. I understand what you mean, but i really wouldn't call it the "big table" just yet....& yes it is prostituting yourself...lok at the out of conference schedules they have to play...you're setting yourself up for failure. 6-5 year in & out is not going to be attractive for fans. Just my opinion.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="913100" timestamp="1290195132"]
Well, UNLV, if you did that you know what you'd have???? a 2010 version of the Southland Conference, think about it. Those are the same schools that belonged to the southland. I understand what you mean, but i really wouldn't call it the "big table" just yet....& yes it is prostituting yourself...lok at the out of conference schedules they have to play...you're setting yourself up for failure. 6-5 year in & out is not going to be attractive for fans. Just my opinion.
[/quote]

6-5 gets you to a bowl game. At this point, you guys would come close to 6-5 (In that conference) anytime in the next 10+ years. Nothing kills fans like a couple losing seasons.

[quote name="UNLV" post="912983" timestamp="1290184264"]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=76345.msg912966#msg912966 date=1290183081]
[/quote]Wanting to leave the kiddie table for the big table is not prostituting. Lamar is best rejoing La tech, UNT, ULL, and Ark st in a conference. How could that happen?
[/quote]
i wouldnt call the wac the big table...

[quote name="UNLV" post="912983" timestamp="1290184264"]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=76345.msg912966#msg912966 date=1290183081]
[/quote]

2 months ago you were pumping the WAC, saying LU should go.....you still think LU should join the WAC?

[i]La tech, UNT, ULL, and Ark st in a conference.[/i]

I think thats called the old southland..before teams left for not so greener pastures.

i think there are about 10k paying fans that would rather watch LU vs. Mcneese, Slam or SFA than an Idaho,utah st.,sjsu game

Bowl game?..so we'd miss out on the Cucumber Bowl against Akron..big whoop

[quote name="puddin tane" post="913149" timestamp="1290198942"]
i think there are about 10k paying fans that would rather watch LU vs. Mcneese, Slam or SFA than an Idaho,utah st.,sjsu game
[/quote]
big whoop!
Big money. The whole draw of playing FBS is the money gained by playing in A. a Bowl game and B. against the big money schools. Most of the big FBS schools, UT, LSU, A&M, etc. Would much rather schedule an FBS lamb for the slaughter than an FCS lamb!

I think actually the biggest draw of a bowl game is the extra practice time the coaches get with the players and tv exposure.  Financially most of the smaller bowl games are not that big of a payday to a school when you start adding up all of the extra costs that go with it.

[quote name="badndn" post="913209" timestamp="1290205223"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=76345.msg913149#msg913149 date=1290198942]
[/quote]
big whoop!
Big money. The whole draw of playing FBS is the money gained by playing in A. a Bowl game and B. against the big money schools. Most of the big FBS schools, UT, LSU, A&M, etc. Would much rather schedule an FBS lamb for the slaughter than an FCS lamb!
[/quote]

a &m has already scheduled an fcs lamb for a slaughter!

GO BIG RED

i aint against fbs sometime..but...the wac?..bunch of teams nobody cares about..including their fans

FBS attendance "Hall Of Shame"...(or the WAC)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/324910-the-fbs-attendance-hall-of-shame

There is NOTHING bigtime about the WAC

Lamar continue to be all over the web as the school that saved the WAC.

Interesting scenario,

Lamar joins the WAC now, Lamar saves the WAC. However if Lamar waits to see how the TCU move works out, the WAC
could fold in the coming months. If the WAC folds, FBS opportunities for LU becomes near impossible.

Tidwell is in a tough position.

Then you have Louisiana schools needing to make big cuts in 2011, so the SLC isn't stable either.

If Louisiana schools drop football, would the SLC allow remaining football schools to join WAC as football members only
and remain SLC in other sports?

playing in a bowl game would be fun...but can we get the recruits to come to beaumont to keep us bowl eligible on a regular basis?...even if it is the toilet bowl. personally i would like to stay in the SLC cause i enjoy watching us play sam houston, mcneese and sfa...cause they are pretty close to this area, makes for good rivalries..but if the college football landscape keeps changing of course we would have to move with it..i just hope we dont bite off more than we can chew and go 2-10, or 3-9 every year and then see attendance dwindle down to nothing.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12