LU vs. S. Dakota Updates.....LU wins 24-20!!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="908339" timestamp="1289710190"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=76054.msg908331#msg908331 date=1289709552]
Great job all around by Lamar. Doug was on point all night. And beautiful catches from Hayes, Jackson, Ford, and Prejean!! Defense was great against the pass and horrible versus the run but got it done. And believe it or not there was a sighting of a Lamar kicking game! (No punting game however..)
[/quote]great job???? all around??? i knew this is what i'd read the first 5 sec on the site !!! lol, the game was not as interesting as a j.v. football game would've been. i guess no one saw the horrific bad td call that wasn't to open up the scoring for LU???(good thing for no replay ) or the even worse no call on the safety that was just a bad call at best.... but i'm not one for excuses as you know from previous posts, but LU fans need to realize those were two game changing calls that weren't called in favor of LU. (plus the starting qb going out in the first series with an injured leg helped too).JMO
[/quote]

You say this game wasn't as interesting as a JV game? Yet your a Lumberton fan? Heck, their varsity games aren't even slightly entertaining, let alone JV! LOL That TD you say Marcus dropped was called first by the umpire who was closest to the play and had the best look. And I was standing on the sidelines on about the 3 on your so called safety and the ball definitely completely crossed the plane. Yes we had a shaky end of first quarter and all of the second but we battled through it and stepped up defensively and never got behind by more than a possession! Yes we only had 17 rushing yards but keep in mind sacks count as rushing attempts in college. So take away the 34 yards we lost on sacks and we had 51 yards rushing which is much more respectable. And is much better when also add 286 passing yards. And is much better when you hold them to 340 yards. So when they only have 37 more yards than you and you win the turnover battle and only have 25 penalty yards you put yourself in a great position to win! We didn't get beat silly! LOL We did a great job sustaining drives on all our scoring drives. We never had a short field all game either. Only had 1 drive start past our own 45. Our scoring drives went for 77, 98, 44, and 69 yards. Thats very impressive. I dont understand why you have to be negative all the time, Raiders! To much fun to be had out in the world and at the games! Get positive! Try to be happy! Its okay to smile if your local team wins! Lol Come on, man!!!!!

I never say anything on these boards, but the Lumberton fan provoked me. Prewitt couldn't start for Lumberton!?!?!?! Are you kidding me? Since Lumberton is such a powerhouse around here, isn't Hussey the 3rd string running back that attributed to the 17 rushes for 28 yards. I guess he couldn't start for Lumberton either! Oh wait he was the best thing yall have ever had and got yall into the playoffs for the first and only time ever. Whens the last time a Lumberton quarterback in a HIGHSCHOOL game complete 24-29 passing, with 3td? Do yourself a favor and quit commenting, you sound like an idiot. You wanna look for positive things, try the 99 and 98 yard touchdown drives that the lamar offense has put together the last two weeks!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="908115" timestamp="1289704784"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=76054.msg908080#msg908080 date=1289704333]
And the streak is still intact...no rushing TDs for Lamar!
[/quote]

Who cares if they win the game!!!!!!
[/quote]
Actually I do because the truth is you will not win championships if you can't run the ball.  I do not know of one example in Pro, College or HS who did not run the ball effectively and win a championship.  Nice win and much needed, but they have got to establish a running game.  Maybe they will make it a priority next week against arguably the weakest opponent of the season.  But it is a very concerning statistic that speaks volumes about where this team is.  And so you don't misunderstand me, I'm talking about championships in the future.  The offensive philosophy will have to include a running game and they are going to have to get O-linemen who can move people and open up holes.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="909068" timestamp="1289776946"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=76054.msg908115#msg908115 date=1289704784]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually I do because the truth is you will not win championships if you can't run the ball.  I do not know of one example in Pro, College or HS who did not run the ball effectively and win a championship.  Nice win and much needed, but they have got to establish a running game.  Maybe they will make it a priority next week against arguably the weakest opponent of the season.  But it is a very concerning statistic that speaks volumes about where this team is. 
[/quote]

I expect Hussey to have a big game on the ground, considering he played for OPSU in 08.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="908348" timestamp="1289710527"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=76054.msg908340#msg908340 date=1289710226]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=76054.msg908331#msg908331 date=1289709552]
Great job all around by Lamar. Doug was on point all night. And beautiful catches from Hayes, Jackson, Ford, and Prejean!! Defense was great against the pass and horrible versus the run but got it done. And believe it or not there was a sighting of a Lamar kicking game! (No punting game however..)
[/quote]

we had a good 1st and 4th qtr offensively..D played ok..  (sd had a huge line)....first drive was awesome..we had outs and slants and quick hitters..then we reverted back to only the outs and things got stale for a while...

wr play was awesome!

Awesome game, wish people woulda showed up!   Little cold front, put it on TV...recipe for a poor turnout

whoo hoo...that was fun

GO BIG RED
[/quote]how can you say the first qtr was good? because LU scored? after that botched td call that gave LU pts they went 6 straight drives w/o a first down. so please explain?
[/quote]

I watched the entire game and thought we played very well.  Our trouble rushing the ball is nothing new and although it doesn't help too much, the rushing includes the sack yardage.  We did play a very good 1st quarter and an outstanding fourth quarter.  And yes, that first drive was the reason we havd a very god first quarter.  I think it was like a 12 play drive and prewitt was 7-8 or something like that?

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="908372" timestamp="1289711396"]
after the scoring drive to start the game, lamar didn't get another first down until halfway thru the 3rd qtr. that says it all for how well they played as a whole. end of story. oh, and puddin lame, i feel for you having to sit thru that. LOL
[/quote]

You are so damn stupid it is comical.  Apparently the only way a team plays well is if they score on every drive and if the defense gives up no points and no first downs?!  It is apparent you were cut from a lamar team of some sort.  And, you probably were kicked out of the University for excessive stupidity.

We are damn first year program and we've beaten South Dakota and SE Louisiana!  That has to be a hard pill for you to swallow.

We played a great first first quarter and an outstanding fourth quarter.  Our defense played great the whole game except for that one drive in the 4th quarter where SD scored easily on 2 or 3 running plays.  Prewitt was cool as a cucumber, extremely accurate, and made nice decisions.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="908108" timestamp="1289704695"]
Helluva come back after a sloppy first half.
[/quote]

After a slow second and third quarter.  LU wasn't really sloppy except on two plays.  One where our running back went the wrong way on a 3rd and short option call.  And again on an option where Prewitt made a bad pitch. 

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="908166" timestamp="1289705541"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=76054.msg908156#msg908156 date=1289705406]
Prewitt played outstanding apparently.

24/29 for 286 yds.. Averaged 10 yds/catch.. 3 TD.

LU found their quarterback.
[/quote]

For the rest of this year......... ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

And the next 3 years.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually I do because the truth is you will not win championships if you can't run the ball.  I do not know of one example in Pro, College or HS who did not run the ball effectively and win a championship.  Nice win and much needed, but they have got to establish a running game.  Maybe they will make it a priority next week against arguably the weakest opponent of the season.  But it is a very concerning statistic that speaks volumes about where this team is.  And so you don't misunderstand me, I'm talking about championships in the future.  The offensive philosophy will have to include a running game and they are going to have to get O-linemen who can move people and open up holes.
[/quote]

Inidanapolis colts, New England Patriots, Southlake Carrol, Stephenville, UH & Hawaii (have won conference championships with virtually no running), SFA, Warren Moon Houston Oilers teams won passing only (no super bowl but they still were extremely successful).  Dolphins and Redskins with the Smurfs.  Granted most teams that win Super Bowls and National Championships can run too but I'll be happy winning a conference championship first.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Isn't our O-line full of freshmen?  18 yr olds playing vs 20-22 yr olds.  I think they've done very well with pass protection.  They'll get bigger and better and be fine.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="908411" timestamp="1289712608"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=76054.msg908391#msg908391 date=1289712108]
Who won this game? Oh, LU.

Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.. A [b]W[/b] is a [b]W[/b].

No one will look back at this season if the Cards go .500 and go "Yeah man, they were .500, but they had a couple calls go there was against SD." WHO CARES. They won, quit coming on here and talking down because they didn't lose like you thought they would.
[/quote]that's where you're missing the point of a forum. this is where people who "know" what's up come to talk about the good, and the not so good. without all the bs. but if you want to be the guy who opens up the paper the next morning and say, "well dang, lamar won" and just have an imagination of what really happened, then that's fine, but don't get on a forum thread talking about, "oh, a W is a W" that's weak. and you bring nothing to this discussion at all. so stay off the thread if you can't even accept the facts for what they really are. no one is talking about support??? HELLO?
[/quote]

The problem is your hatred of Lamar distorts your point of view so much you DON'T know what you are talkiing about.  Go back and look at your idiotic posts!  Lamar made a ton of great plays.  This game was exciting as hell.  Ok, the second and third quarters were a little slow but damn, you can't find a better fourth quarter ANYWHERE!!!  That was fun as hell!!!

I've got no idea why people can be down on this team.  Personally, I expected a 3-8 season; 4-7 at best, figuring that we'd beat the NAIA tomato cans at home and maybe beat one of the other new programs (S. Alabama or Ga. State).  To likely go 5-6 with two wins over "real" FCS teams is a great season. 

Do we have flaws?  Of course!  We're a first year program!  Given the number of injuries we've had, the struggles with the running game, and the unfortunate regression of Andre Bevil during the season, we've done pretty well.  While 71-3 was embarrassing, we had to expect we'd take a whooping like that at some point in the season given the youth of the team.  In reality, I felt the only unacceptable performance we put up all year was against South Alabama--for a game against another new program, we should have made a much better showing that we did.  But young teams sometimes play bad games. 

Let's see what a full off-season of conditioning, another recruiting class, and a little more experience can do for us--we'll need it given the difficulty of next season's schedule.  And... by the way, just to show that I can be critical: please, Ray--get another damned kicker.  I understand Stout was hurt this year--I'm not saying that we have to run him off--but to not have ANYONE ELSE on the roster that can kick a kickoff to avoid giving the other team the ball on the 40 every time is inexcusable.  I will also say it was disappointing to see the number of empty seats at P-U last night: if it had been pouring rain, I could see the sparse crowd, but the weather, while blustery, was hardly that bad.  I mean, I'd far prefer to go a game with the weather of last night than the sweatbox for the game against Webber. 

It would be nice to come out next week and put a serious hurting on a team we should smoke, first year squad or not.  It'd be a good springboard into the off-season.

[quote name="Bruce" post="909209" timestamp="1289782463"]
        I've got no idea why people can be down on this team.  Personally, I expected a 3-8 season; 4-7 at best, figuring that we'd beat the NAIA tomato cans at home and maybe beat one of the other new programs (S. Alabama or Ga. State).  To likely go 5-6 with two wins over "real" FCS teams is a great season. 

Do we have flaws?  Of course!  We're a first year program!  Given the number of injuries we've had, the struggles with the running game, and the unfortunate regression of Andre Bevil during the season, we've done pretty well.  While 71-3 was embarrassing, we had to expect we'd take a whooping like that at some point in the season given the youth of the team.  In reality, I felt the only unacceptable performance we put up all year was against South Alabama--for a game against another new program, we should have made a much better showing that we did.  But young teams sometimes play bad games. 

Let's see what a full off-season of conditioning, another recruiting class, and a little more experience can do for us--we'll need it given the difficulty of next season's schedule.  And... by the way, just to show that I can be critical: please, Ray--get another damned kicker.  I understand Stout was hurt this year--I'm not saying that we have to run him off--but to not have ANYONE ELSE on the roster that can kick a kickoff to avoid giving the other team the ball on the 40 every time is inexcusable.  I will also say it was disappointing to see the number of empty seats at P-U last night: if it had been pouring rain, I could see the sparse crowd, but the weather, while blustery, was hardly that bad.  I mean, I'd far prefer to go a game with the weather of last night than the sweatbox for the game against Webber. 

It would be nice to come out next week and put a serious hurting on a team we should smoke, first year squad or not.  It'd be a good springboard into the off-season.
[/quote]

re: the kicker...he aint the one calling the pooch kicks into the wind!
hit a field goal, kicked one thru the endzone..I think he'll be ok

weather---heck, you'd a thought it was 20 degrees and sleeting...

Ray-get another damned OC

that was one fun 4th qtr!

GO BIG RED

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="909270" timestamp="1289787250"]
I don't mind if they don't show up much as long as they keep buying the tickets! Attendance was announced as over 15k. I'll take that every game. After a win I expect a better crowd to show next week with better weather.
[/quote]

I can understand that ticket sales are what really matter but that crowd sucked!  Yes it was a little bit cold but isn't it supposed to be for football?  The season is almost over and we had that many empty seats??  Obviously a bunch of the season ticket holders are definite fair weather fans....pathetic.  I will be disappointed if we don't sell out next week.  Also, [size=14pt]DO NOT PUT THE DAMN HOME GAMES ON TV!!!  THAT IS FRIGGIN STUPID!!![/size]  You MIGHT be able to convince me to show it on tv in the event of a sellout but given how many people didn't show up last night I'd argue that we shouldn't do that.

As for what we need...I vote for a new offensive coordinator!!!  And, defensive ends that will play their  responsibility (don't bite on bootlegs).  I thought our receivers were great last night.  And I love how JJ Hayes runs after the catch.  That young man runs with an attitude!!  Oh, and I noticed him throwing some nice blocks for other receivers and the running backs.  He plays hard.  For that matter, I thought all the kids played hard.  I bet we were outweighed by at least 250 lbs on the line and our kids kept battling all night!  And I was impressed with Prewitt's composure and his attitude.  Not once did you see him bitching out his linemen or receivers.  Nor did you see him limping around and whining/whimpering on the sidelines.  that kid must have some serious toughness about him.  I mean think about it...a walk on wide receiver and he's moved his way up to the starting QB??!!

Anyway, we need support.  We need attendance.  We need the seats full!!!

[quote name="Bruce" post="909209" timestamp="1289782463"]

[/quote]
+1
I think we started to look like a team Saturday night. Prewitt has come in and given some stability at QB position. He is managing the game and not turning the ball over as much as Bevil. He has given us a chance to win. Very few teams could overcome the amount of turnovers Bevil was making. Bevil is a decent little athlete but not a QB. I'm not sure Prewitt is the answer either as our future QB. He is very small also, 5'11" and 171 lbs, he definitely needs to put on some muscle. Maybe get up to 190 lbs if possible.
5 wins, I think we could consider that to be a successful start for our first year. I was thinking we might win 4. Just wondering what might have been, if Prewitt would have been the QB from the start of the season. Maybe a couple more wins??????
I hope to see everyone next Saturday at our last home game. These guys deserve our support. They have not given up and continue to play hard. Little by little they have improved. Are they a great team? No, but they are trying to get better. They have given me some hope for next season. Another recruiting class and another year of strength and conditioning gives me hope for even more improvement in our team. Hopefully, we will have improved enough to be in the SLC race for the championship.
GO BIG RED!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="909111" timestamp="1289778474"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=76054.msg909068#msg909068 date=1289776946]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Inidanapolis colts, New England Patriots, Southlake Carrol, Stephenville, UH & Hawaii (have won conference championships with virtually no running), SFA, Warren Moon Houston Oilers teams won passing only (no super bowl but they still were extremely successful).  Dolphins and Redskins with the Smurfs.  Granted most teams that win Super Bowls and National Championships can run too but I'll be happy winning a conference championship first.
[/quote]

See you agree with me.  Champions, those who win the title can run the ball.  Even SLC ran the ball effectively or Nate Newtons son would not have received a scholarship to UT.  Maybe they pass 2/3 or 3/4 or the time but when a good defense doesn't have to worry about the ground game they can load up and stop the pass.  It doesn't take a whole lot to understand this.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02