Burkeville vs. Bartlett Game Thread/Bartlett Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Doesnt matter what you think of Burkeville, me being a player on the team, im glad we made it to playoffs and we did the best we can. Very new to all of us playing on such a big field. Game got pretty nasty when the rain started. 4 trips inside the ten yard line and fumbled the ball. We lost the game but just glad we made it to the playoffs. From 2-8, to 5-4 is a big change for us. Hope the rebs win! Best of luck.

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="910106" timestamp="1289867182"]
Doesnt matter what you think of Burkeville, me being a player on the team, im glad we made it to playoffs and we did the best we can. Very new to all of us playing on such a big field. Game got pretty nasty when the rain started. 4 trips inside the ten yard line and fumbled the ball. We lost the game but just glad we made it to the playoffs. From 2-8, to 5-4 is a big change for us. Hope the rebs win! Best of luck.
[/quote]

Way to go Burkeville...We proud of you up here in the Piney Woods.. ;)

[quote name="Abraham" post="909555" timestamp="1289833207"]
Way to  represent the district  ;D
[/quote]

Are you speaking of the district where 3 of the 4 made the playoffs?? I wouldn't get on my high horse until my team won a playoff game. What is it with ADULTS who want to belittle TEENAGERS?? I don't care about the karma thing, I'm not in high school anymore. Why kick someone while they are down?? Especially when the people you are "kicking" are high school football players who still love the game.

[quote name="FBfan" post="910429" timestamp="1289891446"]
[quote author=Abraham link=topic=75969.msg909555#msg909555 date=1289833207]
[/quote]

Are you speaking of the district where 3 of the 4 made the playoffs?? I wouldn't get on my high horse until my team won a playoff game. What is it with ADULTS who want to belittle TEENAGERS?? I don't care about the karma thing, I'm not in high school anymore. Why kick someone while they are down?? Especially when the people you are "kicking" are high school football players who still love the game.
[/quote]

Good post FB fan. I do not believe that the negative posters are adults but, it is still childish.
Good job Burkeville, in case it was not said, we are proud of you.
Sportz-Fanatic, you have taken a lot of unnecessary abuse, been a man about it and held your cool. I am proud of you.

[quote name="FBfan" post="910429" timestamp="1289891446"]
[/quote]

[/quote] You need to understand ,the ones you are talking about are not adults. They are little boys that cant make the highschool football team, so they try to put ones down that have.

[quote name="True Blue" post="910465" timestamp="1289914839"]
[quote author=FBfan link=topic=75969.msg910429#msg910429 date=1289891446]
[/quote]

[/quote] You need to understand ,the ones you are talking about are not adults. They are little boys that cant make the highschool football team, so they try to put ones down that have.
[/quote]

:o ;D ;)

Guest Abraham
Say what you want to but both High Island and Burkeville ARE HORRIBLE at football plain and simple. Maybe they will do better in another sport im not sure but i know one thing and that is football isnt either teams sport!

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="910462" timestamp="1289914728"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good post FB fan. I do not believe that the negative posters are adults but, it is still childish.
Sportz-Fanatic, you have taken a lot of unnecessary abuse, been a man about it and held your cool. I am proud of you.

[/quote]
Just words, dont bother me what they say. I just use that as fuel. HI_#20_Mom im #22 from Burkeville. I was looking forward to playing against your son after talking to him this summer. He will be better by track right??

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="910857" timestamp="1289943123"]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=75969.msg910462#msg910462 date=1289914728]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Just words, dont bother me what they say. I just use that as fuel. HI_#20_Mom im #22 from Burkeville. I was looking forward to playing against your son after talking to him this summer. He will be better by track right??
[/quote]

Hello #22.
Dr. Kolstad said he would release Leli to run in December if all went well. Although my “sources” tell me they have already seen him running through the parking lot at school!
He goes back to see the Doc on the 15th of December. We will know then. I am not sure if he will be doing any jumping or not? Probably not.
I look forward to meeting you. Come say Hi!

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="910877" timestamp="1289944707"]
[quote author=Sportz-Fanatic link=topic=75969.msg910857#msg910857 date=1289943123]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=75969.msg910462#msg910462 date=1289914728]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Hello #22.
Dr. Kolstad said he would release Leli to run in December if all went well. Although my “sources” tell me they have already seen him running through the parking lot at school!
He goes back to see the Doc on the 15th of December. We will know then. I am not sure if he will be doing any jumping or not? Probably not.
I look forward to meeting you. Come say Hi!

[/quote]
Hope the best for him. And will do.

[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="910468" timestamp="1289915000"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=75969.msg910465#msg910465 date=1289914839]
[/quote]

[/quote]

:o ;D ;)
[/quote]

I hope you and # 20 mom are both right in a way. I would hope fellow football players wouldn't be so cocky as to belittle another team for losing. It would, however, be more understandable than an adult who would make fun of these players who start their season in one of the hottest months of the year.Then they practice hard every day until Friday night when they play their hearts out. I know all of these high school players give it their all. That's why I get so annoyed about people laughing when they lose.

Burkeville did great. They might have lost but they went to Huntsville and made this small 1-A school proud, and made a bunch of ppl proud to be a Mustang. Like sports fanatic said its just words and sticks and stones may break our bones but words will never hurt. Congrats on the season that Burkeville had, it was the best one in a while. Now lets get ready for some basketball and in Feburary, BASEBALL!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder