Crosby Nederland Predictions??? 7PM Fri. At Crosby

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jake94" post="902581" timestamp="1289328165"]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=75637.msg902539#msg902539 date=1289325253]
Dogs should win but,Nederland can not go in thinking they have won the game before the first snap. Carson should be ready for play but, just in case of a injury they have brought the JV QB Justin Woods up and if anyone has seen him play the kid has a rocket for a arm and can find his recievers. He is also a excellant runner and is not afraid to run over a defensive player. He will be a threat next year for the starting QB position.
[/quote]

Is Woods a freshman, soph, or junior?
[/quote]
Junior he is a big kid

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="902354" timestamp="1289310522"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=75637.msg902350#msg902350 date=1289310027]
If Crosby runs the ball A LOT, they could win this one.  Crosby has to keep their defense off the field to have a chance.  Their defense is really bad. 

That said, and this REALLY hurts to say, but GO COOGS!!!!!!!

[/quote]They have only Merka---Crosby gets throttled...BTW I can cheer for BH but Crosby??..............never
[/quote]

Spoken like a true Dayton fan....... ;D ;D

Well if this game comes down to a defensive stop I am going with Nederland. The defense is young but have played well as they have matured.No one can say by scores of games past but Dogs gave Dayton a better game then did Crosby. Crosby get  beat badly by PN-G and Goose Creek which Nederland Beat but we did both lose to BH, of course they had a 28-0 lead on us with a soph qb going into 4th Q and we almost pulled it out  to a 28-21 finale. I just  think that the Dogs defense is definetly improved . 30-14 Dogs

The experience Carson Raines got while Dionte was out will really help Nederland if Dionte is out. The kid was really starting to look good. I honestly believe Nederland will pull away in this one , there defense has really improved over the season and this team may be jelling at the right time. Good luck dogs, take it to them good!

[quote name="LifesABall" post="903028" timestamp="1289361767"]
Nederland wins this game going away.  I think the only team in trouble in 20-4A in the first round is Livingston
[/quote]

There you go thinking again.   ;D ;D

If Nederland can't stop Merka, they lose.  Fact is, they won't likely stop Merka.  If Flanigan decides to let Merka do his thing and they don't start airing the ball out, Crosby wins.  Crosby needs to take a play out of the BH book and work on clock control because their defense is just horrible.  The BH team nederland played was not even close to the BH team now.  I am sure Nederland has improved as well with their startes back.  It was a new BH system on both sides of the ball and almost all new coaches.  Night and day from then to now (except now we have lots of injuries).  Crosby is still the same team they were early on and never made an improvement.  That being said, they do have talent on the team, if they use it right.    

Just to refresh your playoff memory, 20-4A was going to blow Crosby out in the playoffs and I sure don't recall much barking going on that fine day in Spring, Texas.  ;) 

[quote name="shovelhead" post="903133" timestamp="1289394952"]
Merka is a fine QB, but he needs some more help. He cant do it by himself. After seeing both teams, Nederland should win, but they are playing in Crosby's yard. Could go either way.
[/quote]

Looks like Nederland's QB is out again with hand injury.  Sure hate that for any team. 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="903144" timestamp="1289396222"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=75637.msg903133#msg903133 date=1289394952]
Merka is a fine QB, but he needs some more help. He cant do it by himself. After seeing both teams, Nederland should win, but they are playing in Crosby's yard. Could go either way.
[/quote]

Looks like Nederland's QB is out again with hand injury.  Sure hate that for any team. 
[/quote]

From what they say Forney will be playing just in another position.

Actually bh89-2 there was plenty of barking going on last year, after all the game pretty much went to the wire....and we were big underdogs in that game....this year they are not as good and we are alot better, Merka is a fine QB....but our defense is going to be the difference maker in this game.  Come Saturday morning let me know how all that barking sounded.

[quote name="HomerJ" post="902482" timestamp="1289321077"]
For all you Dayton folks who have nothing better to do than write on this website(I am actually wondering if any teaching is going on at DJHS), you are forgetting about 1 thing in Crosby's arsenal-MERKA.  ALthough I live in the Hill, the 3 years I have seen this kid play has been nothing but hard, CLEAN and physical football.  Although we are enemies with other towns, you have to give a thumbs up to Merka and his accomplishments-much like to Dayton's Cody Green. [b]Crosby[/b] in a shootout- because all of you are right-Crosby's Defense can't stop folks right now.  They didn't stop us with a Freshman QB or when our backup Townley came in.  Good Luck in the helaing process Mr. Denny!  Go Eagles- BEAT PNG
[/quote]

I've said it before...and hopefully won't have to say it again after this week...MERKA CAN'T PLAY ALL 22 POSITIONS...he is good though

I miss Cougtalk...his brand of shenanigans were always fun to look at and remember "things could always be worse"

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="bh89-2" post="903108" timestamp="1289393024"]
[quote author=LifesABall link=topic=75637.msg903028#msg903028 date=1289361767]
Nederland wins this game going away.  I think the only team in trouble in 20-4A in the first round is Livingston
[/quote]

If Nederland can't stop Merka, they lose.  Fact is, they won't likely stop Merka.  If Flanigan decides to let Merka do his thing and they don't start airing the ball out, Crosby wins.  Crosby needs to take a play out of the BH book and work on clock control because their defense is just horrible.  The BH team nederland played was not even close to the BH team now.  I am sure Nederland has improved as well with their startes back.  It was a new BH system on both sides of the ball and almost all new coaches.  Night and day from then to now (except now we have lots of injuries).  Crosby is still the same team they were early on and never made an improvement.  That being said, they do have talent on the team, if they use it right.    

Just to refresh your playoff memory, 20-4A was going to blow Crosby out in the playoffs and I sure don't recall much barking going on that fine day in Spring, Texas.   ;) 
[/quote]

Goodness I wish we could play BH again... with Sonnier, Forney, Stampley, Butler, Salenga... should I continue?  That's okay you'll get a dose of reality next year. 

[quote name="Brubaker" post="903941" timestamp="1289450093"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=75637.msg903108#msg903108 date=1289393024]
[quote author=LifesABall link=topic=75637.msg903028#msg903028 date=1289361767]
[/quote]

Just to refresh your playoff memory, 20-4A was going to blow Crosby out in the playoffs and I sure don't recall much barking going on that fine day in Spring, Texas.   ;) 
[/quote]

Goodness I wish we could play BH again... with Sonnier, Forney, Stampley, Butler, Salenga... should I continue?  That's okay you'll get a dose of reality next year. 
[/quote]

BH next year?  Really?  Better worry about the team that spanked you in the playoffs last year.  Crosby is waiting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder