Nederland 41 Ozen 35 Final/comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="891227" timestamp="1288410847"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=75219.msg891179#msg891179 date=1288409837]
Ozen can't manage a game. What's the deal. They had a chance against PNG with a little over a minute and had several delay of games that made them have to punt. Crazy
[/quote]

Undisciplined maybe?
[/quote]

I think you're right.  Lots of talent, but lack discipline.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="891236" timestamp="1288411001"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=75219.msg891227#msg891227 date=1288410847]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=75219.msg891179#msg891179 date=1288409837]
Ozen can't manage a game. What's the deal. They had a chance against PNG with a little over a minute and had several delay of games that made them have to punt. Crazy
[/quote]

Undisciplined maybe?
[/quote]

I think you're right.  Lots of talent, but lack discipline.
[/quote] :-X :-X No Comment...

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="891226" timestamp="1288410800"]
Was listening on the radio coming home from our game.  KLVI announcer said it didn't look like Green's knee touched.
[/quote]

I was probably 150 yards away and it looked obvious to me his knee hit.. Half our stands started hollering before the referee even blew it dead...

The punter was just trying to go down and get a low snap and he did what was natural. If he had stayed up he would probably missed the ball and given the Dogs better field position. It was just a bad break, I wouldn't call it a lack of discipline. Now the coach coming out on the field and screaming at the official was no discipline. He gave the Dogs a big penalty and it cost his team.

husker, I made the same comment leaving the game...IMO, he is the best QB I have seen all year...mobil with an arm and has the ability to throw from unorthodox positions...he throws a real pretty deep ball.

Great win Dogs...got real unsettling for a game we controlled most of the way, but Ozen hit some big plays in the second half behind that QB...clearly, the Dogs got the right breaks tonight...tough loss for Ozen and to their credit, they did not mail it in after being behind 28-10 in the second half...many teams with their record would have at that point...it all comes down to one game next week for the playoffs

The QB for Ozen was real impressive.  Giving him too much time in the backfield allowed his receivers to eventually get open.  Defensively it seemed they should have gambled a little more with blitzes (or a 4 man front vs. 3) but then again you take a chance with him finding a seam and making big yards with his feet.  Great game though, congrats. Dogs and keep it up!

Guest Brubaker
I was thinking the same thing, but do you rush him and then he'll make you miss at times... more times than not. Or drop into coverage with 7 db's which Ned did several times??? Ozen didn't have many if any at all, plays that didn't come from the QB scrambling and making a great throw on the run... that's tough to defense.  But, I agree, I would've abandonded any attempt at dropping folks into coverage and tried to get to him at all cost.  But man, we had him for a sack on the 3rd and 40, and the kids makes a houdini escape, but... no matter, our db should've never let someone behind him on 3rd and 40.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder