Nederland 41 Ozen 35 Final/comments

WOSgrad

Yes I do!  But it's just to easy.  I'm still thinking on it, though.  I may have to end up stating the obvious.  I'll watch and see how it goes.   LOL!!!!     ;)     ;D

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="891909" timestamp="1288468740"]
go ahead smitty, you know you want too
[/quote]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another thread asking who is the best QB in SETEX and I said Doty is the best I've seen, which was true at that time. No offense Doty, you are still great, but Green for Ozen is unbelievable. I feel very fortunate to come away with a win last night. Even with a 6 point lead and Ozen only having 19 seconds, we weren't comfortable knowing how quickly Ozen could score. #7 for Ozen is an amazing receiver. like someone already said, it's hard to believe they aren't doing better in district. What a game. My heart can't take many more like that.  ;D

On a side note: Please advise me next time it is karaoke night.  I'll do my James Brown imitation.  ;D

Is it making you mad that my argument keeps being proved right?  Don't make me state the obvious!  LOL!!    ::)    ;)    ;D

[quote name="Razor" post="891929" timestamp="1288469685"]
don't encourage him...it doesn't matter what he thinks...we already know...he has posted it 10 million times and frankly, I could care less anymore
[/quote]

the argument is old and you lack any original thought...if you couldn't gripe about the DC, you would have like 3 posts...come up with something different and maybe actually something positive...try it, it's good for the soul...everyone knows your opinion, there really is no point in repeating it 5000 times...give it a rest and try something different...the only thinig you are is a world class dead horse beater and really, there ain't much value in that

What did this Ozen QB do against Central?

[quote name="baddog" post="891936" timestamp="1288470148"]
There is another thread asking who is the best QB in SETEX and I said Doty is the best I've seen, which was true at that time. No offense Doty, you are still great, but Green for Ozen is unbelievable. I feel very fortunate to come away with a win last night. Even with a 6 point lead and Ozen only having 19 seconds, we weren't comfortable knowing how quickly Ozen could score. #7 for Ozen is an amazing receiver. like someone already said, it's hard to believe they aren't doing better in district. What a game. My heart can't take many more like that.  ;D

On a side note: Please advise me next time it is karaoke night.  I'll do my James Brown imitation.  ;D
[/quote]

Smitty I will make this  simple for you to understand and I can say this because I have a son on that defense. The secodary sucked bad forgot to play till the whistle blows. Defensive line missed a couple of big saks, but that is because Ozens qb is phenominal. Spell never stepped on that field to play nor did he let his man get behind him for a big pass, or did he let the qb get free and run . So yes it was the players who blew assignment and missed tackles but like I said Ozen is  a way better team they just need some coaching.

Sorry for the buzz kill. I am proud we won!!!!! My thing is Smitty always seems to blame the wrong people either he his blind deaf or just well for lack of a better word stupid. Those boys practice hard and play hard  but they make mistakes and that is not Spells fault. Sometimes Spell does call that dang prevent D which sucks because the boys miss too may assignments and the qb gets too much time. Like I said Smitty needs to go ride the Ozen coaches for awhile. All that talent and 1 and 7 something is definetly wrong there. ;)

Guest Brubaker
No Phunter, you see, no matter how objective you may be, no matter if you know that despite their coaching, sometimes kids don't make the play when they are in position to do so... no matter those things.  It's ALWAYS Spell's fault, that's the Smitty equation, no matter how dimented the math seems to work out to, that's how he works it. 

By the way, I love the way our defense plays this year, can't wait to see them continue to improve in the playoffs.

phunter I wasn't talking about the thread, I was talking about you nailing smitty. He was starting to get warmed up like he usually does. No objectivity, just the same old talking points. If we had 10 shutouts in a row he would still say the DC had to go, we could have done better. And then when someone calls him on it he cops out with a "its not personal, I never use his name" garbage. Well its not personal with me either, I never use his name!

You understand that it's the coaching at Ozen and not some of the coaching at Nederland?  Interesting!  But you got the personal attacks down pat!!  There are some on here that might think you should be banned now.  LOL!!!  When ever dawgnuts agrees with you, you might want to re-think your argument.  Double LOL!!!!
You can blame the kids, if you want, like you just did!  That seems to be prevalent here.  But if you been here awhile, you would know I never do.  There's only one I blame.  And it's been consistent.  ;)

[quote name="phunter308" post="892613" timestamp="1288500502"]
Sorry for the buzz kill. I am proud we won!!!!! My thing is Smitty always seems to blame the wrong people either he his blind deaf or just well for lack of a better word stupid. Those boys practice hard and play hard  but they make mistakes and that is not Spells fault. Sometimes Spell does call that dang prevent D which sucks because the boys miss too may assignments and the qb gets too much time. Like I said Smitty needs to go ride the Ozen coaches for awhile. All that talent and 1 and 7 something is definetly wrong there. ;)
[/quote]

No, Bru, you blame the kids if you want!  I blame just one.  I'll live with that if you can.  ;)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="892656" timestamp="1288509330"]
No Phunter, you see, no matter how objective you may be, no matter if you know that despite their coaching, sometimes kids don't make the play when they are in position to do so... no matter those things.  It's ALWAYS Spell's fault, that's the Smitty equation, no matter how dimented the math seems to work out to, that's how he works it. 

By the way, I love the way our defense plays this year, can't wait to see them continue to improve in the playoffs.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="892674" timestamp="1288525782"]
Mainly curious how many yards did he have against Central. 

[quote author=Razor link=topic=75219.msg891967#msg891967 date=1288471530]
lose, just like he did against Nederland
[/quote]
[/quote]
Nederland Defense only gave up 115 yards on the ground, which is pretty good.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="892702" timestamp="1288531770"]
Not really...  Ozen's running game is Not good at all... No credit to the Bulldog defense..  Ozen's strength is passing...
[/quote]

Ozen's strength may be their passing, but that short RB had me on the edge of my seat several times. He's hard to see, fast, and difficult to bring down. Plus, if a team concentrated too much on the passing, it could spring him for lots of yards. ozen running some draw plays could be huge for them. I don't recall seeing one ran.

[quote name="baddog" post="892706" timestamp="1288532110"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=75219.msg892702#msg892702 date=1288531770]
Not really...  Ozen's running game is Not good at all... No credit to the Bulldog defense..  Ozen's strength is passing...
[/quote]

Ozen's strength may be their passing, but that short RB had me on the edge of my seat several times. He's hard to see, fast, and difficult to bring down. Plus, if a team concentrated too much on the passing, it could spring him for lots of yards. ozen running some draw plays could be huge for them. I don't recall seeing one ran.
[/quote]Lil Sullivan is fast, but he will not run north to south.  Only east to west, making him easy to catch...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="892715" timestamp="1288533060"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=75219.msg892709#msg892709 date=1288532411]
Just curious... were alot of the rushing yards from Green scrambling?
[/quote]Green had only 48 yards rushing on 13 attempts...
[/quote] Thats almost half the rushing yards...

[quote name="smitty" post="892674" timestamp="1288525782"]
Mainly curious how many yards did he have against Central. 

[quote author=Razor link=topic=75219.msg891967#msg891967 date=1288471530]
lose, just like he did against Nederland
[/quote]
[/quote]

You can be curious all you want but how many yards he had is irrelevant...if we win and the defense gives up 500 yards I could care less...ask the Dallas Cowboys how important it is to rack up impressive offensive numbers.

Bottom line, your argument is old and tired...give it a rest

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83