Nederland 41 Ozen 35 Final/comments

WOSgrad

Against Central or Ozen?

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="892692" timestamp="1288531226"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=75219.msg892674#msg892674 date=1288525782]
Mainly curious how many yards did he have against Central. 

[quote author=Razor link=topic=75219.msg891967#msg891967 date=1288471530]
lose, just like he did against Nederland
[/quote]
[/quote]
Nederland Defense only gave up 115 yards on the ground, which is pretty good.
[/quote]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these days people here, including you, are going to see the big picture.  True, we did win.  That is the bottom line.  But giving up that many yards will NOT win you a District Championship.  Or beat many GOOD teams!    ;)

[quote name="Razor" post="892739" timestamp="1288535509"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=75219.msg892674#msg892674 date=1288525782]
Mainly curious how many yards did he have against Central. 

[quote author=Razor link=topic=75219.msg891967#msg891967 date=1288471530]
lose, just like he did against Nederland
[/quote]
[/quote]

You can be curious all you want but how many yards he had is irrelevant...if we win and the defense gives up 500 yards I could care less...ask the Dallas Cowboys how important it is to rack up impressive offensive numbers.

Bottom line, your argument is old and tired...give it a rest
[/quote]

Hey, dawgnut, did you ever answer my question????  If you did, I missed it.  Let me refresh: Do you write EXTRA checks (taxes) to the NISD to pay for YOUR part in lieu of the bond (tax) not passing????  You sure ranted about how everyone needed to pay more taxes back then by passing that bond issue.  Just wondering if it's all talk or a true believer.  I'll wait for an answer.    ;) 

[quote name="dawgnut" post="892396" timestamp="1288490632"]
Man phunter you sure know how to kill a good rant!
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="892776" timestamp="1288540598"]
Hey, dawgnut, did you ever answer my question????  If you did, I missed it.  Let me refresh: Do you write EXTRA checks (taxes) to the NISD to pay for YOUR part in lieu of the bond (tax) not passing????  You sure ranted about how everyone needed to pay more taxes back then by passing that bond issue.  Just wondering if it's all talk or a true believer.  I'll wait for an answer.    ;) 

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=75219.msg892396#msg892396 date=1288490632]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Not so smitty, pay attention, the bond would have lowered taxes! Stay with me now I am in favor of paying less taxes and getting first class schools. What I said about paying more taxes was the fact that I own several pieces of property in Nederland School District and I would be paying more taxes than the average person but I was willing to do that for the good of the kids, how about you smitty?

I think I understans you now Smitty . You dont blame the kids but  Coach Spell. I have been around awhile and I have yet to see Spell on the field yet. Not missing a tackle not blowing a coverage or just plain missing an assignment. I have seen him in practices ride these  same boys arses for doing exactly what they did in the game and other games. I really think there is more of a personal reason for your hatred of Spell . It is just plain funny!!!!! Oh yea I did personally attack you because, I think you have a distorted view for whatever reason. Oh yea I have all the defense game films if you need proof that Spell is not on the field playing. I am more then welcome to show them to you , since you seem not to know that. Maybe makea game and watch.

When a bond issue passes, you have to pay for it through MORE taxes.  You think they are gonna give you that money for free.  And NO, the school district will NOT lower your taxes.  You CAN"T be that naive!!  They should happen, though, but will NOT.  So, I ask again, in case you didn't understand: do you write extra checks for your part of the bond???  Yes or No?!?!  By you evading the question, tells me the answer is NO.  Could there be some hypocrisy here??  Hummmmm???!!!!     ;)     ::)

[quote name="dawgnut" post="893290" timestamp="1288577900"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=75219.msg892776#msg892776 date=1288540598]
Hey, dawgnut, did you ever answer my question????  If you did, I missed it.  Let me refresh: Do you write EXTRA checks (taxes) to the NISD to pay for YOUR part in lieu of the bond (tax) not passing????  You sure ranted about how everyone needed to pay more taxes back then by passing that bond issue.  Just wondering if it's all talk or a true believer.  I'll wait for an answer.    ;)  

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=75219.msg892396#msg892396 date=1288490632]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Not so smitty, pay attention, the bond would have lowered taxes! Stay with me now I am in favor of paying less taxes and getting first class schools. What I said about paying more taxes was the fact that I own several pieces of property in Nederland School District and I would be paying more taxes than the average person but I was willing to do that for the good of the kids, how about you smitty?
[/quote]

"water cooler quarterback"  LOL!!!!!!!!!   484 yards given up to the worst team in the district.  Even a "water cooler quarterback" could figure out who the problem is.  But maybe "water cooler quarterbacks" have more vision than kool-aid drinkers and bobble heads.  Really LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!     ::)     ;D    :)     ;)

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="894213" timestamp="1288660824"]
Even if you showed Smitty he would not understand, he does not know football. He is water cooler quarterback.
[/quote]

Let me SAY again:  Nothing personal towards the DC!!!!  Just the performance by the DC.  I'm sure he is a good man.  I just question the performances.  I know he's NOT on the field.  But he has tremendous control over the product he puts on that field.  This is where the performance on his part comes into question.  484 yards against the worst team in the district.  You can, with the others, blame the kids, but I NEVER do!!    ;)
PS - I have been watching this DC for many, many, many years.  How long have you been paying attention???   Remember, he was the DC under DeRouren.  How were those defenses??   ???
When you step up to the big league of discussions, you had better come prepared!!    ;)    ;D

[quote name="phunter308" post="894160" timestamp="1288657910"]
I think I understans you now Smitty . You dont blame the kids but  Coach Spell. I have been around awhile and I have yet to see Spell on the field yet. Not missing a tackle not blowing a coverage or just plain missing an assignment. I have seen him in practices ride these  same boys arses for doing exactly what they did in the game and other games. I really think there is more of a personal reason for your hatred of Spell . It is just plain funny!!!!! Oh yea I did personally attack you because, I think you have a distorted view for whatever reason. Oh yea I have all the defense game films if you need proof that Spell is not on the field playing. I am more then welcome to show them to you , since you seem not to know that. Maybe makea game and watch.
[/quote]

Ouch!  Stick with the facts and this won't happen!    ;)

[quote name="Roughrider" post="894215" timestamp="1288660954"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=75219.msg894213#msg894213 date=1288660824]
Even if you showed Smitty he would not understand, he does not know football. He is water cooler quarterback.
[/quote]

edit: inappropriate post
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="895381" timestamp="1288765636"]
Ouch!   Stick with the facts and this won't happen!    ;)

[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=75219.msg894215#msg894215 date=1288660954]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
You need to go and listen to Raheem Morris the Tampa Bay's head coach press conferences. Emphasizes that stats dont matter, wins do. With young talented players there will be some hard lessons along the way. But in end it is about winning and make the playoffs. Before you make anymore comments on this board about the Dog's D and the coaches, you need to watch and listen! That is what real football people understand.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="895421" timestamp="1288787576"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=75219.msg895381#msg895381 date=1288765636]
Ouch!   Stick with the facts and this won't happen!    ;)

[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=75219.msg894215#msg894215 date=1288660954]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
You need to go and listen to Raheem Morris the Tampa Bay's head coach press conferences. Emphasizes that stats dont matter, wins do. With young talented players there will be some hard lessons along the way. But in end it is about winning and make the playoffs. Before you make anymore comments on this board about the Dog's D and the coaches, you need to watch and listen! That is what real football people understand.
[/quote]

Bulldog8, I believe you have it right there

I  had forgotten about this rant on Smitty has about Nederland DC, but I just stumbled across it again. Smitty -- get over it - this is high school football and you are ranting like it is college or pro football. The DC is also a teacher - his more important job, or did you lose sight of that????

I've been around a while.  It appears Smitty is the only one making any sense here.  Looks like he has an answer to a perseved problem.  Haven't seen any other answers from anyone else.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="896217" timestamp="1288871087"]
I  had forgotten about this rant on Smitty has about Nederland DC, but I just stumbled across it again. Smitty -- get over it - this is high school football and you are ranting like it is college or pro football. The DC is also a teacher - his more important job, or did you lose sight of that????
[/quote]

[quote name="revenge" post="896218" timestamp="1288871346"]
I've been around a while.  It appears Smitty is the only one making any sense here.  Looks like he has an answer to a perseved problem.  Haven't seen any other answers from anyone else.

[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=75219.msg896217#msg896217 date=1288871087]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Not sure what a perseved problem is, sounds illegal. You need to really think about the company you keep, lining up with Smitty - he is a lost cause. So is his point of view. Get a grip!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476