seating at PNG / Vidor game

just a heads up for the png fans:

Last year I attended the LCM game in Vidor and it was Vidor's homecoming...

Expect the entire population of Vidor to come out.  Parking is a problem but the bigger problem is seating.  Last year MANY vidor fans spilled over and were sitting on the visitor's side.  Not only was it jam packed but having Vidor fans on that side led to some "heated discussions" amongst the fans.

Since PNG carries such a big crowd... anticipate the problem to be worse this year.

Why would Vidor allow their fans to sit on the visitor side?  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jesusfreak" post="888800" timestamp="1288196025"]
just a heads up for the png fans:

Last year I attended the LCM game in Vidor and it was Vidor's homecoming...

Expect the entire population of Vidor to come out.  Parking is a problem but the bigger problem is seating.  Last year MANY vidor fans spilled over and were sitting on the visitor's side.  Not only was it jam packed but having Vidor fans on that side led to some "heated discussions" amongst the fans.

Since PNG carries such a big crowd... anticipate the problem to be worse this year.

Why would Vidor allow their fans to sit on the visitor side?  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I agree with your account of last year and also agree that this game is a disaster waiting to happen. 

[/quote]
  I agree with your account of last year and also agree that this game is a disaster waiting to happen.  What you may not know is that school officials from Vidor came to LCM officials last year asking LCM to give up part of the visitors side to "reserve" that for overflow Vidor fans.  Didn't happen, but the visitors side was filled with black and gold anyway.
Vidor police actually showed up on the visitors side to confront some terrible LCM students that werw actually standing up to cheer on their team.  Luckily students avoided being arrested for felony standing and clapping.

One more "heads up" to PNG fans. 
For those fans who think that halftime is the right time to visit the concession stand to get a little something to eat or drink...last year the visitors side concession stand [u][b]CLOSED[/b][/u] at halftime so the workers could go see the halftime festivities. 

[quote name="jesusfreak" post="888806" timestamp="1288196588"]
and vidor fans...

please don't take it wrong... the post is not a "slight" against you or your school.

It just seems any school ( not just vidor ) would try to keep their fans to one side... mostly out of courtesy to the visiting school's fans.
[/quote]

Totally agree. We were at the Friendswood vs Dawson volleyball game last nite, for the district title. They let many students from Dawson sit in the FW stands, right on top of and taking over the seating for a lot of the FW fans. In addition, there were some volleyball parents from Dawson sitting right in the middle of the FW side, and then taking offense when folks cheered hard for FW or reacted to actions from the other team. They then proceeded to raise cain with the FW fans. What are you thinking, there was plenty of seating on the Dawson side when these parents sat in the FW section. They must really not want to sit with their fellow fans! I can understand the spillover thing a bit. But when there is plenty of seating, stay on your side and avoid the possible mess. Oh well.

Be ready Indian fans --- Homecoming is a huge event in Vidor.  Very neat halftime show but the overcrowding is RIDICULOUS!!!! Last year, we(LCM fans) had to listen to Vidor fans degrading our players, cheerleaders, and coaches.  They were killing us and still kept on.  Anytime we cheered for our players while sitting on the VISITOR side - they made fun and boo'd us. We were on the appropriate side.  They were not.  I know of several complaints to the Vidor admin over this game.  My advice for what it's worth --- bring that PNG pride and pack the stadium so no Vidor fans have room!!! :) Parking is a nightmare --- 2 hours to get out of the parking lot aka field of tall grass(if it rains-it will be closed) !!!! You have been warned friends!!!! :) ;)

[quote name="Tigerette" post="888837" timestamp="1288198321"]
Be ready Indian fans --- Homecoming is a huge event in Vidor.  Very neat halftime show but the overcrowding is RIDICULOUS!!!! Last year, we(LCM fans) had to listen to Vidor fans degrading our players, cheerleaders, and coaches.  They were killing us and still kept on.  Anytime we cheered for our players while sitting on the VISITOR side - they made fun and boo'd us. We were on the appropriate side.  They were not.  I know of several complaints to the Vidor admin over this game.  My advice for what it's worth --- bring that PNG pride and pack the stadium so no Vidor fans have room!!! :) Parking is a nightmare --- 2 hours to get out of the parking lot aka field of tall grass(if it rains-it will be closed) !!!! You have been warned friends!!!! :) ;)
[/quote]yeah it's horrible with all that grass in the parking lot. don't bother coming. could it be the visiting fans weren't happy because of the outcome?

I dont know why everybody is talking crap on us vidor pple it aint are fault that football is a big deal in vidor if we had money to build a nice stadium like the others scholls we would come on pple it football we aint apost to be stupied at the game so come out and have fun and cheer on the teams. it is going to be a good game.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="nosegaurde10" post="888907" timestamp="1288203015"]
I dont know why everybody is talking crap on us vidor pple it aint are fault that football is a big deal in vidor if we had money to build a nice stadium like the others scholls we would come on pple it football we aint apost to be stupied at the game so come out and have fun and cheer on the teams. it is going to be a good game.
[/quote]

Classic!

parking at vidor is no worse than most other schools in the area... if its a big game, the parking spills over into the streets and into the neighborhoods.

big crowds are not a problem either... that's what makes the game so fun.

The whole point of the original post was when you start mixing home and visiting fans together on the same side.

Good luck to both teams...  I predict PNG will win but am rooting for Vidor (  :) Go Bears ).

jf

Sure, we weren't happy about the outcome but we should not have had to deal with Vidor fans screaming at us for cheering on our team while sitting on the appropriate side.  I will say - Vidor has one of the best homecoming shows around the area!!!! Love the band marching in the dark and the fireworks!!! They have lots of spirit!!!  The parking was terrible but hey---it didn't cost us the game.  Point to my earlier post was - Vidor and homecoming means lots of people so PNG just needed to be aware since they bring tons of people to the games.  I also believe that the sides should stay separated and no one should have to be ridiculed for cheering on their team. 

Guest Air Bisquit
[/quote]

What did he say??[IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/hplatte/confused-face.jpg[/img]

[quote name="Tigerette" post="888918" timestamp="1288203844"]
Sure, we weren't happy about the outcome but we should not have had to deal with Vidor fans screaming at us for cheering on our team while sitting on the appropriate side.  I will say - Vidor has one of the best homecoming shows around the area!!!! Love the band marching in the dark and the fireworks!!! They have lots of spirit!!!  The parking was terrible but hey---it didn't cost us the game.  Point to my earlier post was - Vidor and homecoming means lots of people so PNG just needed to be aware since they bring tons of people to the games.  I also believe that the sides should stay separated and no one should have to be ridiculed for cheering on their team. 
[/quote]
vidor fans were not doing this during the game because i was there and lcm side was not even full and the vidor side was packed out. we were not acting like you say and we were doing the same as your team was doing which was cheering for out team and of coarse we are going to boo when there is something we dont agree with that is happening with the game. vidor does need a way bigger stadium but our school is in the hole big time. i do not see vidor getting anything new anytime soon.    

[quote name="First Down" post="888946" timestamp="1288206160"]
[quote author=nosegaurde10 link=topic=75119.msg888907#msg888907 date=1288203015]
[/quote]

What did he say??[IMG]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/hplatte/confused-face.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

...is that better?

****See rules***

[/quote]

[color=crimson][font=Comic Sans MS]ROFLMAO!!!  That is hilarious!! Classic is right! I'm literally laughing out loud at this![/font][/color]

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="elhector1" post="888954" timestamp="1288206866"]
[quote author=First Down link=topic=75119.msg888946#msg888946 date=1288206160]
[quote author=nosegaurde10 link=topic=75119.msg888907#msg888907 date=1288203015]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/mickyboy2008/stoned-smiley.gif[/img]

to First Down...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...you got any Pringles?

24 over par...I don' know when the school was built, but I would hazard to guess that the neighborhood grew up around it...there is parking behind the baseball outfield as well...remember going out to games and a lot of the POP! fizzz crowd having their liquid entertainment while watching the ball game...lol...mostly good folks relaxin', a couple of loudmouths...like everywhere else.  I think that if everyone is screaming and hollering for their own side, and don't start disparaging the other team, there won't be any problems...in other words, folks, control your own...you know who they are...

[quote name="elhector1" post="889043" timestamp="1288213423"]
to First Down...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...you got any Pringles?

24 over par...I don' know when the school was built, but I would hazard to guess that the neighborhood grew up around it...there is parking behind the baseball outfield as well...remember going out to games and a lot of the POP! fizzz crowd having their liquid entertainment while watching the ball game...lol...mostly good folks relaxin', a couple of loudmouths...like everywhere else.  I think that if everyone is screaming and hollering for their own side, and don't start disparaging the other team, there won't be any problems...in other words, folks, control your own...you know who they are...
[/quote]

I got my season tickets on the home side but if anybody gets stupid overthere let me know.  I might not be able to fix Lazy but I can fix STUPID  ;D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="elhector1" post="889043" timestamp="1288213423"]
[b]to First Down...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...you got any Pringles?[/b]
[/quote]

Here ya go elhector1 [IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt50/hitler8/Pringles_Original.jpg[/img]