19-4A predictions 2010-2011

Who do you think wins the district this year?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins the district this year?

• GCM
    • Dayton
    • Lee
    • BH
    • Crosby

Guest Ranger83
Not that it really matters, but it's "Connie Mack". So named for the Philadelphia A's Hall of Fame manager.

Making 5 "bare-handed" plays in Connie Mack is still not note worthy. As soon as they have a State Championship and playoffs for Connie Mack, it will become relevant. Until then, it's only a fundraiser for those putting on the league. No pressure to win or lose. All you need is $1,500 and some baseballs.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="917397" timestamp="1290541247"]
Not that it really matters, but it's "Connie Mack". So named for the Philadelphia A's Hall of Fame manager.

Making 5 "bare-handed" plays in Connie Mack is still not note worthy. As soon as they have a State Championship and playoffs for Connie Mack, it will become relevant. Until then, it's only a fundraiser for those putting on the league. No pressure to win or lose. All you need is $1,500 and some baseballs.

[/quote]
Kids still play the game. It isn't like they go out there and just lose. Why are you all commenting on a Connie Mac comparison if it isnt a big deal. I have just been laying it down how it is. The predictions is what this post is about and as of now BH holds it pretty strongly.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="917400" timestamp="1290541685"]
[quote author=Peppermint Patty link=topic=75030.msg917397#msg917397 date=1290541247]

[/quote]
Kids still play the game. It isn't like they go out there and just lose. Why are you all commenting on a Connie Mac comparison if it isnt a big deal. I have just been laying it down how it is. The predictions is what this post is about and as of now BH holds it pretty strongly.
[/quote]

If when the season is over, and you're not sad you've lost, then it's not relevant.

19 big votes for the Hill. A veriatble landslide.

Guest Ranger83
Well Dayton, if you did have a "dog" in this hunt, whathappened would question its pedigree, tell us the negative aspects of the breed, and knit-pick each puppy in the litter.
He would then tell us how many Best in Show ribbons Coach Denny has won with that breed of dog, how much better a dog trained by Coach Denny is, and how many records at UT Coach Denny still holds while he was training to be a dog handler.
So yes, consider yourself lucky.

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="917480" timestamp="1290548315"]
Well Dayton, if you did have a "dog" in this hunt, whathappened would question its pedigree, tell us the negative aspects of the breed, and knit-pick each puppy in the litter.
He would then tell us how many Best in Show ribbons Coach Denny has won with that breed of dog, how much better a dog trained by Coach Denny is, and how many records at UT Coach Denny still holds while he was training to be a dog handler.
So yes, consider yourself lucky.
[/quote]
all of you are ridiculous!!! I complimented the kid. I didn't bring him down. Ha if you want me to I could easily. He is a good pitcher... Those are my words. And as for kindafunny? Idk what you are talking about

Yall bering the popcorn, I'll bring the smokes.  I am just looking forward to watching some BH baseball. 

All this discussion about catchers reminds me of watching Clay McWilliams.  Now that kid had a rocket of an arm and one heck of a bat.  Don't know squat about "POP", but if the guy on 1st blinked twice he was OUT.  Most never got the chance to run to 2nd.  BH has had some very good defensive and offensive catchers the last several years. 

BH 2011 District Champs.     

[quote name="SETXSPORTSJUNKIE" post="917818" timestamp="1290569552"]
Is Peppermint Patty the old GCM Pats guy?  Sounds like him.  Just wondering if he has a new pseudo name.  He's funny to read.
[/quote]
ya it is. He made a second account. Which since he wants to throw rules out at me rea the first one. Don't make 2 accounts.

OK, now that we have been educated lets see if we can keep the topic up.  BH has 6 starters returning in the field and all its pitching back. I know Price, Dalton and Chance for GCM, how many other starters are they returning and who all is coming back from Crosby that were starters.  I really dont know much on Lee since they were not in our district last year, but know they were district champs in 5A, how many returners ?  I think Dayton has almost everyone back, not sure though.  Anybody know how many each team is returning in 19-4A and how many All-Dist kids are coming back to their teams. Just trying to get a idea of what everyone has coming back to get a realistic view on predictions. 

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BH1998" post="918487" timestamp="1290655762"]
     OK, now that we have been educated lets see if we can keep the topic up.  BH has 6 starters returning in the field and all its pitching back. I know Price, Dalton and Chance for GCM, how many other starters are they returning and who all is coming back from Crosby that were starters.  I really dont know much on Lee since they were not in our district last year, but know they were district champs in 5A, how many returners ?  I think Dayton has almost everyone back, not sure though.   Anybody know how many each team is returning in 19-4A and how many All-Dist kids are coming back to their teams. Just trying to get a idea of what everyone has coming back to get a realistic view on predictions.   
[/quote]
GCM:
CF, RF, C, 1B, 2B, SS returning starters
4 pitchers started/won Varsity games last year.
Transfers from Atascocita and BCA will help immediately at 3B and in the OF.
Soph will probably start in LF.
Depth in starting pitching will be a problem during Tournaments. Once Tues. and Fri. routine starts, will be good to go.

19-4A will be decided in the last week of the season.
BH,GCM,REL and Crosby should be considered the front-runners.
Dayton was VERY young last year and got better as the season progressed.
King lost a lot to graduation.
NF is a long ways off.
Galena Park is the wild card. They have some decent talent comimg back. They could easily end up in the top 4 once the smoke clears. Not sure how many arms they have.

I did not know GCM had that many starters coming back.  They have pretty much what BH has returning. But BH will not have that HR power GCM will have with Jacobs.  I think it is going to be a lot tougher district this year.  I just wonder how much Crosby lost, I know they got Gabby, but other than that I wonder what is coming back.  Dayton may be the dark horse as well, they were very young last year, but they beat us in that 33 hit combined game and did have a little surge at the end.  Of course we split with everyone in dist. other than NF we were 2-0 and KWP we went 0-2.

Wow, WhatHappened? really needs to just shut his mouth. Its one thing to be a fan of BH baseball or a fan of any school but come on! Youre naming out a lineup that has kids that havent played in years. You're putting kids in positions that theyve nevered played and you're acting like BH is some jugernaut that no one can touch. I give you credit for showing enthusiam for BH baseball but you're going a little too far and you can do all the apologizing you want but you dont put kids names up here and bash them. And you did bash him so stop saying it will give him motivation. Anyways he was one of the more consistent players on the team last year as a sophomore. I am a BH fan in all sports and once again DONT STOP BEING ENTHUSIASTIC toward BH baseball, just tone it down a bit is all im sayin.

When yall play Lee,take it easy on us cuz we have NOBODY to compete with the mighty mighty Hill squad according to the whathappened,thats what you will be saying when the underdogs or on a diamond near you...Now lets all go enjoy our family and eat some turkey and watch the Cowboys whoop on them saints.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the setxsports people on the threads.Ohhh yea whathappend my name is G.Morales R.E.L class of 1995,whats yours?You got it all wrong with the E's you put on the kids you select to down.I have been on the coaching side of most of them boys and let me tell you untill your boys get off the porch and compete with the big doggs and prove themselves and we all play that first game as a TEAM and the best 9 hit the field keep your negativity to yourself..Happy Thanksgiving guys to you and your families and say a prayer for my lil bro in afghanistan and all the other armed forces that give ther lives for us to talk the talk we do on this thread....GO GANDERS!!!!!#14

I do think Dayton will be a lot better this year. Still very young. Returning Seniors are solid.  Lots of Soph-Jr's and maybe a couple of Fish. Almost all played summer ball until Nov. and are working on their own now. Also had new coach last year. If pieces come together, maybe will contend. Watch out over next couple years as younger boys develope.

[quote name="underrated2010" post="918532" timestamp="1290672941"]
Wow, WhatHappened? really needs to just shut his mouth. Its one thing to be a fan of BH baseball or a fan of any school but come on! Youre naming out a lineup that has kids that havent played in years. You're putting kids in positions that theyve nevered played and you're acting like BH is some jugernaut that no one can touch. I give you credit for showing enthusiam for BH baseball but you're going a little too far and you can do all the apologizing you want but you dont put kids names up here and bash them. And you did bash him so stop saying it will give him motivation. Anyways he was one of the more consistent players on the team last year as a sophomore. I am a BH fan in all sports and once again DONT STOP BEING ENTHUSIASTIC toward BH baseball, just tone it down a bit is all im sayin.
[/quote]

I'm just glad someone finally said it!  I was wondering where/who some of the names were coming from on WhatHappened?'s list and then to have some of those names in place of starters from last season was REALLY amusing.  BH had a lot of Sophomores in the starting line-up last year and I'm pretty sure they will all be in the starting line-up again this season. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder