New Waverly vs. Deweyville Game Thread/NW WINS/Comments

WOSgrad

Dp you have to admit we had good athletes in 07 also but the injury bug got us. When bickham was there we were disciplined and if we weren't he would of corrected it real fast  ;) but when healthy this team is dangerous. GO PIRATES!!

Yeah Deweyville has "good players" and always play with alot of heart. But we are talking Bottom Line here. not what could be. Somebody tell me how in the world a defensive back who runs a 5 flat forty can cover a reciever who runs a 4.4. Thats not lack of discipline! As far as being in the Old district being a nightmare? What? We are 0-3! How would it be worse????? I believe we won some district games in THAT district last year. The reality! No matter what disrtict we are in, we are going to be the small school,Unless we drop down. Yes we have made play-offs in past. But we could make them just about every year in 1a. And before someone else accuses me of Whining, Im just stating facts, not whining. The one post that made sense is; YES you do have to get these young kids in the program early. thats with any sport. But like I stated.  LACK OF TEAM SPEED! TOO MANY ONE WAY PLAYERS! LACK OF SIZE!= 0-3 in district.

[quote name="Clsof87Pirate" post="889256" timestamp="1288228777"]
Yeah Deweyville has "good players" and always play with alot of heart. But we are talking Bottom Line here. not what could be. Somebody tell me how in the world a defensive back who runs a 5 flat forty can cover a reciever who runs a 4.4. Thats not lack of discipline! As far as being in the Old district being a nightmare? What? We are 0-3! How would it be worse????? [u][b]I believe we won some district games in THAT district last year.[/b][/u] The reality! No matter what disrtict we are in, we are going to be the small school,Unless we drop down. Yes we have made play-offs in past. But we could make them just about every year in 1a. And before someone else accuses me of Whining, Im just stating facts, not whining. The one post that made sense is; YES you do have to get these young kids in the program early. thats with any sport. But like I stated.  LACK OF TEAM SPEED! TOO MANY ONE WAY PLAYERS! LACK OF SIZE!= 0-3 in district.
[/quote]

Just curious here. Which district games did ya'll win last year? The district also added Newton and Woodville, who are definately no slouches.

[quote name="FBfan" post="889388" timestamp="1288243551"]
[quote author=Clsof87Pirate link=topic=74868.msg889256#msg889256 date=1288228777]
Yeah Deweyville has "good players" and always play with alot of heart. But we are talking Bottom Line here. not what could be. Somebody tell me how in the world a defensive back who runs a 5 flat forty can cover a reciever who runs a 4.4. Thats not lack of discipline! As far as being in the Old district being a nightmare? What? We are 0-3! How would it be worse????? [u][b]I believe we won some district games in THAT district last year.[/b][/u] The reality! No matter what disrtict we are in, we are going to be the small school,Unless we drop down. Yes we have made play-offs in past. But we could make them just about every year in 1a. And before someone else accuses me of Whining, Im just stating facts, not whining. The one post that made sense is; YES you do have to get these young kids in the program early. thats with any sport. But like I stated.  LACK OF TEAM SPEED! TOO MANY ONE WAY PLAYERS! LACK OF SIZE!= 0-3 in district.
[/quote]

Just curious here. Which district games did ya'll win last year? The district also added Newton and Woodville, who are definately no slouches.
[/quote]
I don't think the Pirates won any District games in the previous District last year, however, they had won District games in that District before.  The Pirates do not have anyone that runs a 4.4 so you put your best out there to cover the WR and teach them proper technique, i.e., at snap of ball back peddle, read the receiver and turn and run, read and react, if you sit in your stance at the snap of the ball and look into the back field then try and get back in coverage then yes the WR is already by you which has repeatedly happened this year, that's poor technique that's been addressed in practice.  You will never have great team speed or alot of numbers (player wise) at Deweyville, that's just the facts, what you do have is a bunch of kids that are hard nosed and tough who will play hard till the last whistle.  In a perfect world they would drop to 1a, but we know that's not gonna happen so you suit up with what you got and go out and teach them how to play the game, and play it right.  Coach McDaniel swiftly handled the disciplinary problem and the other players got the msg.  The Pirates are gonna be fine they just need to get a leader on the team and play together, team ball. The future is bright at Deweyville.

[quote name="oldollie" post="889519" timestamp="1288275983"]
There are teams who win their districts all over the state who are the smallest schools in their district. The community needs to stop putting in the kids heads the idea they cannot win because of this. Just my opinion.
[/quote]
absolutely agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• It was no defence that hurt Rusk. Barrier’s stats were good.
    • He actually had a pretty solid year for a sophomore starting in that district. I can assure you, it hasn't hurt his recruiting at all and that will only improve with the move back to the Wack. 
    • If Crumedy eventually has bigger aspirations than being in Jasper, every aspect of the program will be looked at when someone interviews him for any job. He knows that. The mindset needs to be that any time someone wears a Jasper uniform, that they're doing everything they possibly can to win. It matters.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up It's a poll but I could definitely see this as realistic.   From the article: Catholics in the United States have swung dramatically against President Biden in recent years, now boasting a significant statistical break towards his GOP challenger. Pew Research released on Apr. 30 a report exploring support for presidential candidates sorted by religious affiliation. The poll found that 55% of Catholics support or lean towards supporting former President Donald Trump in a head-to-head against Biden. Conversely, only 45% of Catholics support Biden in the same one-on-one pairing. The 12% margin of support in favor of Trump marks a significant shift from 2020, when he held an extremely narrow lead — 50% to 49%. Biden currently leads among Hispanic Catholics with a narrow 49%-47% split, but the close contest marks a major shift rightward for the demographic. In 2020, a similar poll from Pew Research found Hispanic Catholics preferred Biden to Trump with a staggering 67%-26% split.
    • You said a lot there. Truthfully, that is the root of the issue. Who cares what a kid thinks about how coaches are running a program? Kids play, coaches coach. For some reason, parents have this backward in a lot of places and its wreaking havoc. 
  • Topics