New Waverly vs. Deweyville Game Thread/NW WINS/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="24 over par" post="886143" timestamp="1287926340"]
[quote author=pirate supporter link=topic=74868.msg884766#msg884766 date=1287807938]
What the heck??? What is going on with the Pirates?
[/quote]same old thing win a few non district against smaller schools and then in district    nothing
[/quote]That may not be a bad thing if your club is young but if the are older it's a recipe for disaster.No disrepect to this years pirates because I don't know how old the club is but I knew they would struggle when they went to the last few seconds to beat a very young Warren club.

[quote name="whsalum" post="886264" timestamp="1287939331"]
[quote author=24 over par link=topic=74868.msg886143#msg886143 date=1287926340]
[quote author=pirate supporter link=topic=74868.msg884766#msg884766 date=1287807938]
What the heck??? What is going on with the Pirates?
[/quote]same old thing win a few non district against smaller schools and then in district    nothing
[/quote]That may not be a bad thing if your club is young but if the are older it's a recipe for disaster.No disrepect to this years pirates because I don't know how old the club is but I knew they would struggle when they went to the last few seconds to beat a very young Warren club.
[/quote]
I believe this years team has 6 or 7 seniors on it and the rest are underclassmen, the Pirates have been bitten by the injury bug the last couple of weeks and on a small team (numbers wise) having 3 two way starters out really hurts, however there is no excuse for the turnovers and bad tackleing to go along with undisciplined play at times that's hurt this team.  This team is competitive when they play together and work as a team.  I do agree a stronger non District schedule would better prepare the Pirates for their District.

[quote name="pirate supporter" post="886739" timestamp="1287976391"]
whats up with the undisciplined playing? heard they had to bench a senior because of behavior on field from the week before.
[/quote]
That's part of the undisciplined play along with penalties, poor tackling, turnovers etc., these are the same problems that have plagued this team all year.  At some point the players have to learn from their mistakes and improve.

Bottom line. Deweyville is smallest school in district. too many one way players. not enough team speed to match up to bigger schools. In my opinion they took Deweyville out of the frying pan and threw them in the fire when they moved them out of the district they were in. There is some good talent on this team, as with teams in the past. But playing tougher non district games is not the answer. Dont think coaching is the only problem either. Playing tough non district games only gives you more pre-district injuries,from playing bigger schools. Deweyville was only eight kids from dropping down to 1a. Thats where we need to be, and thats where we can compete. Took Evadale to the wire, they are in top ten in texas 1a. They will probably go undefeated in their district for the second year in a row. They would not make the play-offs in our district either. Not because of coaching, or schedule, but because of their size and lack of team speed. Same as us! Not much you can do about it either, its what your delt, when you have 40 students to make a team. my 2 cents anyway.

[quote name="Clsof87Pirate" post="887569" timestamp="1288055040"]
Bottom line. Deweyville is smallest school in district. too many one way players. not enough team speed to match up to bigger schools. [u][b]In my opinion they took Deweyville out of the frying pan and threw them in the fire when they moved them out of the district they were in.[/b][/u] There is some good talent on this team, as with teams in the past. But playing tougher non district games is not the answer. Dont think coaching is the only problem either. Playing tough non district games only gives you more pre-district injuries,from playing bigger schools. Deweyville was only eight kids from dropping down to 1a. Thats where we need to be, and thats where we can compete. Took Evadale to the wire, they are in top ten in texas 1a. They will probably go undefeated in their district for the second year in a row. They would not make the play-offs in our district either. Not because of coaching, or schedule, but because of their size and lack of team speed. Same as us! Not much you can do about it either, its what your delt, when you have 40 students to make a team. my 2 cents anyway.
[/quote]

Are you serious?? Would you really want them to be in this district still?? With East Chambers, Anahuac, Newton, etc.

Bottom line. Deweyville is smallest school in district. too many one way players. not enough team speed to match up to bigger schools. In my opinion they took Deweyville out of the frying pan and threw them in the fire when they moved them out of the district they were in. There is some good talent on this team, as with teams in the past. But playing tougher non district games is not the answer. Dont think coaching is the only problem either. Playing tough non district games only gives you more pre-district injuries,from playing bigger schools. Deweyville was only eight kids from dropping down to 1a. Thats where we need to be, and thats where we can compete. Took Evadale to the wire, they are in top ten in texas 1a. They will probably go undefeated in their district for the second year in a row. They would not make the play-offs in our district either. Not because of coaching, or schedule, but because of their size and lack of team speed. Same as us! Not much you can do about it either, its what your delt, when you have 40 students to make a team. my 2 cents anyway.
[/quote]

SA headcounted 184 after alignment calculation came around.....  Both teams are still in 2A, suck it up and deal with it.  Can not use it as an excuse. 

[/quote]

What in the heck does this have to do with a "undisciplined player" Nothing !!!!!!!!   They are put in this district because the schools are smaller.  The old district would be a nightmare for us right now. That is where the LARGER schools are. Go look at enrollment numbers in that district. We have competed before when we were bigger and faster as I recall 4 or 5 years ago. Back to back playoff for the Pirates then. They were a very "disciplined team". I wish nothing but the best for the Pirates.

IMO the Pirates can compete in this District IF they learn how to play as a TEAM.  The players who have repeatedly made the same mistakes since week one, poor tackling, carrying the ball loosely causing turnover, not covering receiver by using poor technique etc, etc., should be accountable.  I know these problems have been addressed in mtg's and practice but the coach doesn't fumble the ball nor does the coach miss a tackle or not cover receivers, the players do, someone needs to step up and be a leader on this team, something that's lacking on this years Pirates.  They can compete in this District when they learn to play as a team and correct those previously mentioned correctable mistakes. IMO

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="888006" timestamp="1288106088"]
IMO the Pirates can compete in this District IF they learn how to play as a TEAM.  The players who have repeatedly made the same mistakes since week one, poor tackling, carrying the ball loosely causing turnover, not covering receiver by using poor technique etc, etc., should be accountable.  I know these problems have been addressed in mtg's and practice but the coach doesn't fumble the ball nor does the coach miss a tackle or not cover receivers, the players do, someone needs to step up and be a leader on this team, something that's lacking on this years Pirates.  They can compete in this District when they learn to play as a team and correct those previously mentioned correctable mistakes. IMO
[/quote]
Good post agree 100%

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder