*BREAKING NEWS/LCM with possible ineligible player*

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="slsblab" post="881539" timestamp="1287580316"]
Zinger, you seem to have an awful lot of interest in this!! And seem to want LCM to be doing something wrong. I am sure it is because you just want to see right prevail and you are a person of justice!! Or could it be it gives your team a  better shot at the playoffs!! Maybe we have discovered who wrote the anonymous letter!! ;D :D ;)
[/quote] :o

[quote name="zinger" post="881484" timestamp="1287572645"]
whether or not the rumor is true or untrue...this has been going on in this town for a long time.  didn't they just have an incident like this up in southlake carroll
[/quote]

yes, they were investigated and found to have an illegal player...most thought that the kid would move and go to a private school so he could play, but that just isn't the case.  The family is still living in SLC and he and his brothers/sisters are still enrolled at SLC...in fact he(the qb) is on the sidelines wearing the #12 jersery....not sure if they will continue to live here after this year or not...but it's really a sad story in this case as he appears to be a good kid with an bright future at a big D1 school.  The lawyer made the mistake of putting a clause in the rental contract that said they could choose to get out of the lease if their kid was not ruled eligible lol.

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="881542" timestamp="1287580535"]
[quote author=slsblab link=topic=74713.msg881539#msg881539 date=1287580316]
Zinger, you seem to have an awful lot of interest in this!! And seem to want LCM to be doing something wrong. I am sure it is because you just want to see right prevail and you are a person of justice!! Or could it be it gives your team a  better shot at the playoffs!! Maybe we have discovered who wrote the anonymous letter!! ;D :D ;)
[/quote] :o
[/quote]

Yep, I think we discovered the letter writer...has never been on here before, yet spends all their time posting on this subject.  Crusader attitude, but waited to do something till now...hmmmm...why?

[quote name="zinger" post="881531" timestamp="1287579729"]
so if it wasn't for athletic purposes then why after attending a school for 11 yrs would you transfer for your senior year
[/quote]

How do you know he attended a school for 11 years?

Guest slsblab
Why if it is legal? If a kid moves across town are you going to stop him from playing? If a kid moves into your school are  you going to stop him from playing? Believe me LCM and other schools who want to be right checks this kind of stuff completely before a kid ever plays a down of anything. The media got a  anonymous letter ( which I think is wrong, if it is this important have the guts to sign it) and ran with it. And forums like this while they are fun  takes rumors and run wild and the heck with the facts. When this is over and the kid is cleared there will be some who still won't believe everything was done correctly.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="slsblab" post="881549" timestamp="1287581097"]
Why if it is legal? If a kid moves across town are you going to stop him from playing? If a kid moves into your school are  you going to stop him from playing? Believe me LCM and other schools who want to be right checks this kind of stuff completely before a kid ever plays a down of anything. The media got a  anonymous letter ( which I think is wrong, if it is this important have the guts to sign it) and ran with it. And forums like this while they are fun  takes rumors and run wild and the heck with the facts. When this is over and the kid is cleared there will be some who still won't believe everything was done correctly.
[/quote]

Very well said.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="881517" timestamp="1287578567"]
W, LC-M does not become open campus until January.

[quote author=w link=topic=74713.msg881160#msg881160 date=1287538073]
I believe that is a moot point.  LCM has opened their enrollment to anyone from any district.  Doesn't matter where you live, if you want to go to LCM you can.  And if a kid played at WOS last year, the proper documents were signed by all coaches involved.  I hate that someone is starting something like this.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Then only if you want to pay to go there.

just to throw a little gas on the fire..... but if i remember right in the 90's diden't LCM report a ineligible player on WOS after they played them... If i remember right, diden't a teacher at LCM report it to the principle and they waited 2 weeks till they played WOS to report it and WOS had to forfit all their games???  WOS had a good team that year... were going to be district champs... I still have the image of them crying in their lockerroom that i seen on the news.... If I remember right, that just shows how carma can bite you in the rear...

Guest slsblab
And the shame of it all, is when this kid is cleared, him and LCM will still have been dragged through the mud even though they did nothing wrong! And all of this was started by an anonymous person with some kind of axe to grind or trying to get their team to the playoffs. By the way the best way to make the playoffs is  to win games not send letters.  ;D

Guest slsblab
Hitman this is a different coaching staff and about 10 to 20 years later. WOS cannot throw mud as many players have left LCM in the past to play for WOS, some of them stars!! ;D :D ;)

[quote name="tigerbait12" post="881444" timestamp="1287550963"]
Kfdm reported he is not living with a parent he is living with a LCM player. thats a rock solid story  ;)
[/quote] KFDM spoke with his Father. Father said the player is living with his dad in the LC-M school district, end of story!

Guest slsblab
The horse is out of the barn Coop, to late to close the gate now!! :D This is why the UIL and media should throw any and all anonymous letters in the trash. If it is signed then go for it, but any fruitcake can send an anonymous letter just to start something like this!!

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="881568" timestamp="1287582339"]
[quote author=tigerbait12 link=topic=74713.msg881444#msg881444 date=1287550963]
Kfdm reported he is not living with a parent he is living with a LCM player. thats a rock solid story  ;)
[/quote] KFDM spoke with his Father. Father said the player is living with his dad in the LC-M school district, end of story!
[/quote]you would think KFDM would speak to father before going on the air with it?  It's like KFDM did it backwards..check the facts then run the story..not run story and then check facts..

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="881568" timestamp="1287582339"]
[quote author=tigerbait12 link=topic=74713.msg881444#msg881444 date=1287550963]
[/quote]

Everyone has an opinion on this but the truth is if UIL does not decide to investigate then yea coop, it is the end of the story.

If they do decide to investigate, then after they make their decision will be the end of the story.

BTW.....LCMers are posting that someone outside of their district sent the letter. Have you ever thought that maybe a mom or dad of a kid on the LCMs team sent the letter.

Just sayin  ::)

Guest slsblab
If you have the grades, good conduct etc, you can in LCM's case pay a yearly fee and go to school there even if you live outside of the district. I believe WOS and Deweyville are open schools.

[quote name="slsblab" post="881588" timestamp="1287583154"]
If you have the grades, good conduct etc, you can in LCM's case pay a yearly fee and go to school there even if you live outside of the district. I believe WOS and Deweyville are open schools.
[/quote]

Yep, that is my understanding, limited as it is, to open enrollment.

[quote name="slsblab" post="881588" timestamp="1287583154"]
[/quote]

Does anyone know how this ties in with UIL rules on transfering for athletic reasons?