Silsbee Tigers beat #16 Bridge City Cardinals

STiger85

The Silsbee Tigers beat the #16 State Rank 3A Bridge City Cardinals in five game at Tiger Gym last night. No one gave Silsbee a chance in the game (but Silsbee fans). These two teams had a classic battle, very close games. BC took Game 1 25-23, then Silsbee flex there muscle and won Game 2 25-20 and Game 3 25-23. Then BC flex a little bit and won Game 4 25-19. In the final game Silsbee showed who had the most muscle winning Game 5 15-13. These two team are tied for first place (5-1) and this was the first game in round two in district games. There is alot of volleyball left to be played. Good luck to BC. Congrats on beating a stated ranked team Silsbee, you earned this with your hard work. Keep it up girls. Good luck the rest of the way. Go Tigers!!!

It was the 2nd game in round two. Every team has three games left. Percentage points BC is still ahead of Silsbee in district because of the Silsbee/WOS game that was cancelled. That game will probably have to be made up at the end of the season now. Big win for Silsbee. I don't agree with no one giving Silsbee a chance. BC's coach and the news gave Silsbee a lot of respect the night before on the news. Congrats to the Lady Tigers. Job well done.

[quote name="bcsportsdad" post="880475" timestamp="1287494179"]
I really dont think silsbee showed they had more muscle than BC. We will see next time in a neutral location who has more muscle!
[/quote] ???  ::)

Yes, it IS usually best to let the players settle it on the court.  :-X  ... you know what they say about opinions.......

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="takemeouttotheballgame" post="880584" timestamp="1287501701"]

[quote author=bcsportsdad link=topic=74540.msg880475#msg880475 date=1287494179]
I really dont think silsbee showed they had more muscle than BC. We will see next time in a neutral location who has more muscle!
[/quote] ???  ::)

Yes, it IS usually best to let the players settle it on the court.  :-X  ... you know what they say about opinions.......
[/quote]

And settle it they DID!!!  Silsbee Lady Tigers 3  Bridge City Lady Cards 0  (in a neutral location ;) )!! 

Well fought game by both squads!  BC hustles more than any team I've seen this year....shows alot of heart.  Silsbee put the ball away well.  Was glad that the games were as close as they were---a little concerned how BC would look 1st time to play without starting setter.  Believe they will be fine once they get used to the new lineup.  Setter apparently found out yesterday evening that she's out.  Good game for both teams!  I am, however, curious as to which team goes furthur in the play-offs.  BC has lots of kids with play-off experience.  Silsbee has only a few.  Best of luck to both teams!!!  You will represent the district well!

I really dont think silsbee showed they had more muscle than BC.[b] We will see next time in a neutral location who has more muscle[/b]!
[/quote]

Ahhhhhh kinda let the alligator mouth over load that rat behind.  ;) Silsbee showed more muscle. Congrats girls.

[quote name="rt12" post="893250" timestamp="1288575374"]
[quote author=bcsportsdad link=topic=74540.msg893228#msg893228 date=1288573553]
Hey stiger this alligator mouth and rat behind will bite your butt any time
[/quote]
chill man, its just a discussion board. Take a joke
[/quote]

Just another upset parent. I've seen him try and "start things" on here before. Congradulations to the Silsbee girls. No reason to get upset about being the 2 seed...BC should have no problem in their first round game. GLTA

[quote name="bcsportsdad" post="893228" timestamp="1288573553"]
[/quote]

OOOooooooooooooooooooooo..........testy, testy, testy. That defeat getting to ya. So settle down. Good luck to Bridge City they will do 21-3A good in the playoffs. And I sure dont want you any where near my butt................with that alligator mouth of yours.

[/quote]

I am not sure what game you watched, but that's exactly what Silsbee did.  If these teams played ten times, BC would win six of them.  This was just Silsbee's night to rock some world.  It is what it is.  :-*

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="894398" timestamp="1288679092"]
[quote author=bcsportsdad link=topic=74540.msg880475#msg880475 date=1287494179]
[/quote]

I am not sure what game you watched, but that's exactly what Silsbee did.  [b]If these teams played ten times, BC would win six of them.[/b]  This was just Silsbee's night to rock some world.  It is what it is.   :-*
[/quote]
WOW!!!    ::) ::) ::)

Who lied to you?

Silsbee has beaten Bridge City the last 2 times they played each other

Silsbee also killed Bridge City 3-0 this last game so I don’t see how Bridge City would be favored in a 10 game match

Maybe if these so called 10 games were played in the beginning of the season the Cardinals would have had a chance but now I would have to say that the Tigers would be favored since they look to be the better team

[quote name="Rizon" post="893358" timestamp="1288581202"]
[quote author=rt12 link=topic=74540.msg893250#msg893250 date=1288575374]
[quote author=bcsportsdad link=topic=74540.msg893228#msg893228 date=1288573553]
[/quote]
chill man, its just a discussion board. Take a joke
[/quote]

Just another upset parent. I've seen him try and "start things" on here before. Congradulations to the Silsbee girls. No reason to get upset about being the 2 seed...BC should have no problem in their first round game. GLTA
[/quote]I would like to congratulate both teams on a well fought game first of all, great game  ladies fight like this and you both will go far. Sir, to you, your cussing, ranting and raving was uncalled for and Very Disrespectful to not only Our Teams but the Referees, Fans and Everybody there. I did not find out about this until a day or so afterwards, from one of the kids no less, so you were loud enough for them to hear you on the bench. From this I hope they took your description and will bar you from any futher events period. Totally Uncalled for and Very Very Disrespectful. Thank You 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin