Injured player in WOS/HF JV game

Saw on the news tonight that a Hamshire-Fannett JV player was rushed to the hospital and was considered to be life flighted to Houston. Report said he is currently in stable condition at a Beaumont hospital. The extent of the injuries was not reported nor was the player ever named.

If anyone has any details, please let us know.

Prayers to the Hamshire-Fannett community and also to WOS.

The HF player is at home.  He was Lifeflighted to Beaumont.  I don't think Houston was ever considered.  Severe concussion. HF fans at the game are still trying to understand how/why WOS has no certified medical personel on site during a game.  We had to wait 20-25 min for the ambulance to show up.  After the events at WOS in the past few weeks you would think they would have SOMEONE on the sideline or an ambulance sitting at the field like other schools.  They don't have a trainer or a doctor contracted to be there.  Unbelieveable!  The WOS fans that were yelling "Hurry Up" weren't helping the situation either.  >:(

[quote name="baseballfreak" post="868651" timestamp="1286548622"]
The HF player is at home.  He was Lifeflighted to Beaumont.  I don't think Houston was ever considered.  Severe concussion. HF fans at the game are still trying to understand how/why WOS has no certified medical personel on site during a game.  We had to wait 20-25 min for the ambulance to show up.  After the events at WOS in the past few weeks you would think they would have SOMEONE on the sideline or an ambulance sitting at the field like other schools.  They don't have a trainer or a doctor contracted to be there.  Unbelieveable!  The WOS fans that were yelling "Hurry Up" weren't helping the situation either.   >:(
[/quote]  
they did have one there and it got called out and another was on its way and not all schools have a trainer or a doctor so what about HF they dont have one and as for the fans ITS FANS ITS WHAT THEY DO  

[quote name="Wildcat04" post="868672" timestamp="1286549832"]
[quote author=baseballfreak link=topic=74109.msg868651#msg868651 date=1286548622]
The HF player is at home.  He was Lifeflighted to Beaumont.  I don't think Houston was ever considered.  Severe concussion. HF fans at the game are still trying to understand how/why WOS has no certified medical personel on site during a game.  We had to wait 20-25 min for the ambulance to show up.  After the events at WOS in the past few weeks you would think they would have SOMEONE on the sideline or an ambulance sitting at the field like other schools.  They don't have a trainer or a doctor contracted to be there.  Unbelieveable!  The WOS fans that were yelling "Hurry Up" weren't helping the situation either.   >:(
[/quote]  
they did have one there and it got called out and another was on its way and not all schools have a trainer or a doctor so what about HF they dont have one and as for the fans ITS FANS ITS WHAT THEY DO  
[/quote]

Sounds like it was an unfortunate turn of events.
But as for fan behavior, this is what fans shouldn’t do. When a player is down, you can never tell how serious it truly may be. I would think especially WOS fans would be sensitive to this! JMO
Hopefully they were yelling for the ambulance to hurry up!

Back in the late 80's I worked for an ambulance service.  We were at all the Port Arthur home games free of charge. It was free advertisement as well as common sense.

and the UIL rules do state:

"A designated emergency vehicle. If an ambulance is not available, another suitable vehicle should be ready for quick utilization".

That's just what WO-S needs right now...alot of criticism from people who don't understand and probably don't want to. The fans were hollering for the ambulance to hurry up! They were slow in our other situation and slow last night. The kids understood the importance that the emergency personnel were a vital part in someone surviving and only wanted the best for the player that was down.
If you weren't in our stadium on September 17, you just can't understand what we went through.
Many thanks go to those who have had compassion on us and for the most part have been supportive. We DO appreciate that.

[quote name="mustang mom" post="868747" timestamp="1286555201"]
That's just what WO-S needs right now...alot of criticism from people who don't understand and probably don't want to. The fans were hollering for the ambulance to hurry up! They were slow in our other situation and slow last night. The kids understood the importance that the emergency personnel were a vital part in someone surviving and only wanted the best for the player that was down.
If you weren't in our stadium on September 17, you just can't understand what we went through.
Many thanks go to those who have had compassion on us and for the most part have been supportive. We DO appreciate that.
[/quote]Thanks for sharing. I figured the fans were not yelling for the player to be carried off the field to continue play, but for medical help.

:( :o before you start jumping on the people from west orange stark ,this is what we saw. there were people on there knees praying and crying a very sad , one lady  in front of me was yelling for reggie to help him  crying her eyes out.people on cell phones calling 911 . there was a amblance there but had a call out and another on the way. my prayers go out to this young boy ay god bless him he is in our prayers

There's something I don't understand and it doesn't have anything to do with WOS, but with the EMS in general. From what I gather there were two ambulances, one on site and one somewhere else. The one on site left before the incident happened on call out, which made the other one come from wherever it was (presumably at the station) to assist the injured player. I don't understand why the ambulance at the game would ever leave. That ambulance should be there until the last whistle blows, especially with the recent experience WOS has had. Just my opinion. If I am wrong about the situation please correct me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder