**20-4A Prediction**

bronco1

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="859926" timestamp="1285687969"]
I'm not gonna pick the top four right now, but you're off. LCM has found a stout defense which will take care of a lot of Livingston's points while still scoring a bunch. I think they can maintain and take district this year on top.
[/quote]

I don't know GCM put 14 on them and Caney Creek 24, that Nacogdoches game looks like it just got out of hand.

[quote name="bronco1" post="859916" timestamp="1285687667"]
Livingston wins district undefeated, defense is a little suspect but I say they score enough each week to take the district. Central will be their toughest game and only real threat.
[/quote]

Any time a defense is "suspect".  Your going to have a tough time going undefeated.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="860613" timestamp="1285769312"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=73635.msg859916#msg859916 date=1285687667]
Livingston wins district undefeated, defense is a little suspect but I say they score enough each week to take the district. Central will be their toughest game and only real threat.
[/quote]

Any time a defense is "suspect".   Your going to have a tough time going undefeated.
[/quote]

Not if your offense is on fire!

LCM?  Team to beat? ???  Because they beat PNG?  :-\

I for one am estatic that LCM is playing well... But for a decade long bottom feeder, you must win more than just one game to be a for sure thing... Truthfully no one know what the heck is going on in this district!!!  The only thing we all know is that it is truly a weak district this year... Even though it pains me to say it!  :'(

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="860660" timestamp="1285772902"]
LCM?  Team to beat? ???  Because they beat PNG?   :-\

I for one am estatic that LCM is playing well... But for a decade long bottom feeder, you must win more than just one game to be a for sure thing... Truthfully no one know what the heck is going on in this district!!!  [b]The only thing we all know is that it is truly a weak district this year[/b]... Even though it pains me to say it!  :'(
[/quote]

I agree with that statement.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="860665" timestamp="1285773066"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=73635.msg860660#msg860660 date=1285772902]

I for one am estatic that LCM is playing well... But for a decade long bottom feeder, you must win more than just one game to be a for sure thing... Truthfully no one know what the heck is going on in this district!!!  [b]The only thing we all know is that it is truly a weak district this year[/b]... Even though it pains me to say it!  :'(
[/quote]

[/quote]

WOW!!! It took years but we finally agree on something... I think that is a big step for us Aggs!!!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="860677" timestamp="1285774103"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=73635.msg860665#msg860665 date=1285773066]

[/quote]

No short, we have agreed on lot's of things, just disagreed on a few BIG subjects. ;) ;D

[/quote]

WOW!!! It took years but we finally agree on something... I think that is a big step for us Aggs!!!
[/quote]

LC-M has not won the district in at least 10 years if not more.  So until they beat the best from the last couple of years PN-G/Central, I can not put them as the best.  Having already beat PN-G, Livingston has the opportunity to accomplish that feat this Friday night.  LC-M has beaten Lumberton and possibly Ozen, I think we should wait till after 4 district games are played before we start realisticly seading for the playoffs.  Like Absent said, this is a weaker district than years past anyway.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="860660" timestamp="1285772902"]

I for one am estatic that LCM is playing well... But for a decade long bottom feeder, you must win more than just one game to be a for sure thing... Truthfully no one know what the heck is going on in this district!!!  The only thing we all know is that it is truly a weak district this year... Even though it pains me to say it!  :'(
[/quote] I agree !

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="860665" timestamp="1285773066"]
LCM?  Team to beat? ???  Because they beat PNG?  :-\

[/quote]

[/quote]
Whoa.  If this district is truly weak, and Lumberton (who plays in a weak district) just beat Silsbee at Silsbee, then loss to LCM (who also plays in a truly weak district) then Silsbee must be GARBAGE.  Man I sure would hate to be a Silsbee player, after our school's biggest supporter just - by the transitive property of algebra - said we suck.  Tough times up in tigerland, I guess.

Every year that the Mid-County Schools have a bad year.  The district is weak.  Look back at history, the weak district topic always come up when PNG and NED are having off years.  If they are not in the limelight its a weak district.  On another note, I watched the NED/Vidor game on FNE, and NED is not a bad team, seems like they are real close to being dangerous, they made mistakes that cost them the game, but it is all mistakes that can be fixed.  Good luck to all the weak teams in 20-4A. no more injuries

[quote name="Big Ford" post="860742" timestamp="1285778332"]
LC-M has not won the district in at least 10 years if not more.  So until they beat the best from the last couple of years PN-G/Central, I can not put them as the best.  Having already beat PN-G, Livingston has the opportunity to accomplish that feat this Friday night.  LC-M has beaten Lumberton and possibly Ozen, I think we should wait till after 4 district games are played before we start realisticly seading for the playoffs.  Like Absent said, this is a weaker district than years past anyway.
[/quote]
While it's true that LCM hasn't won district in several years, teams can go up and down in their skill level every year and this school, just like PNG, has gone 10-0 before and if memory serves me right, that was when WOS was in our district. Lumberton may not have been completely on their game last Friday, but the defensive showing that LCM put on was one of the best I've seen in this district in a long time. Maybe they just had a real good night where everything clicked just right, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if their performance becomes the norm for them.

With this district anything can happen on any given Friday night. I feel all the teams this year are very capable of beating each other. It comes down to who can execute the best. Our game with Livingston, we could have won. We just couldn't come up with the critical stops on the D. I would see LCM having an extremely hard time stopping Livingstons running game. Just because LCM shut out Lumberton does not give you the District Title. There are still alot of games to be played and with this district any game is a toss up in my opinion. I don't see a clear playoff picture for atleast another 3-4 games into district. It may come down to the final week of play in district to determine who is in and who puts on the BB shoes.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="861352" timestamp="1285827377"]
While it's true that LCM hasn't won district in several years, teams can go up and down in their skill level every year and this school,[b] just like PNG, has gone 10-0 before and if memory serves me right, that was when WOS was in our district. [/b] Lumberton may not have been completely on their game last Friday, but the defensive showing that LCM put on was one of the best I've seen in this district in a long time. Maybe they just had a real good night where everything clicked just right, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if their performance becomes the norm for them.
[/quote]
Nope. PNG went 10-0 last year for the first time in 30+ years. In 1999 PNG went 9-1 during the regular season. That one loss came against....WOS!

Anybody give any creedence to PNG actually being a big part of why Livingstons defense looked bad?
I gotta say this is the best offense I have ever seen from PNG. Yes better than the D. Long led offenses in 98 and 99. This offense is more balanced. If the defense steps it up?? This is proof that Defense wins championships.

20 4A prediction
1. Livingston DII #1
2. PNG DI #1
3. LCM DII #2
4. Central DI #2

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder