new asst. coach at EC

alice

This guy has 582 wins in 27 years of being the head coach. I do not think he will be taking a back seat to anyone. Just dont know why anyone would think otherwise. But like I keep saying this is a great hire by EC.  Hope them all the success in the world. As far as taking teams to the state playoffs I will call my brotherinlaw and as him for sure how many times his dad has been ;D I thought he went once at EC and then in Call. Then again when he came back to Texas. But no dought he knows how to build a winning program.

[quote name="True Blue" post="848033" timestamp="1284572894"]
This guy has 582 wins in 27 years of being the head coach. I do not think he will be taking a back seat to anyone.[b] Just dont know why anyone would think otherwise.[/b] But like I keep saying this is a great hire by EC.  Hope them all the success in the world. As far as taking teams to the state playoffs I will call my brotherinlaw and as him for sure how many times his dad has been ;D I thought he went once at EC and then in Call. Then again when he came back to Texas. But no dought he knows how to build a winning program.
[/quote]

See you are ASSUMING!!! The FACT is coach andrews will be calling the shots with the assistants input. 

[quote name="speechless" post="848039" timestamp="1284573339"]
Big difference between state playoffs and state games(as you said)
[/quote] Just be happy that you now have a chance to get back to the state playoffs. We will all see who's team this will be come opening season and all the talk on here wont mean crap. And if you wont to support Andrews that is fine, I know that this new coach will not be there long so he needs to learn as much from him as he can as long as he is there. Again crongrads. to EC for getting back on track.

[quote name="True Blue" post="848058" timestamp="1284575296"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=72959.msg848039#msg848039 date=1284573339]
Big difference between state playoffs and state games(as you said)
[/quote] Just be happy that you now have a chance to get back to the state playoffs. We will all see who's team this will be come opening season and all the talk on here wont mean crap. And if you wont to support Andrews that is fine, I know that this new coach will not be there long so he needs to learn as much from him as he can as long as he is there. Again crongrads. to EC for getting back on track.
[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't East Chambers make the playoffs last year and the year before?

You are right they were 3 in dist. last year and did go 2 deap in the playoffs. And it would not have mattered if they would have had Phill Jackson as a coach last year , there was no way they could have betten Kountze. But they should have betten Ana. and I will say this right now THE REASON THAT THEY LOST THAT PLAYOFF GAME WAS ME.  I should have never made my son quite. He did some thing that was stupid and I should have made him set out the suspension and play the playoffs. I am sorry for what I did to the other kids on that team. But there is nothing I can do about that now. But I wish them all the luck in the world and I am glad to see them moving forward and trying to improving a allready good program.

[quote name="True Blue" post="848079" timestamp="1284577374"]
You are right they were 3 in dist. last year and did go 2 deap in the playoffs. And it would not have mattered if they would have had Phill Jackson as a coach last year , there was no way they could have betten Kountze. But they should have betten Ana. and I will say this right now THE REASON THAT THEY LOST THAT PLAYOFF GAME WAS ME.  I should have never made my son quite. He did some thing that was stupid and I should have made him set out the suspension and play the playoffs. I am sorry for what I did to the other kids on that team. But there is nothing I can do about that now. But I wish them all the luck in the world and I am glad to see them moving forward and trying to impoving a allready good program.
[/quote]

You are crazy dude!!!

FYI= Coach Andrews sat beside a pretty good coach for years.You won't find a coach at any level that can't learn from someone but there is only enough room in the first chair for one person and that will be Andrews.Don't cut Anahuac short last year, they were in the regional finals and came real close to winning it.Hate to break it to ya blue but I don't think you were the reason for EC'S loss.

I am sort of out of the loop (living out of the area now), why did EC hire another basketball coach (assitant, co-head coach or whatever he is going to be) after the start of school.  Is he going to be teaching?  I agree with some of you, this may be good and it may not be so good.  Hope there is no friction.  I wish the best for the Bucs.

He will teach science plus coach. This all came about when asst bb Coach Delord resigned last year, Coaches then had to be shufffled around  when a replacement could not be found for basketball season. The rest is just timing. Coach Hoffpauir's daughter is the Girls bb coach at EC and his granddaughters are just starting school ball there and Kenny recently retired. Since he was hanging around the area and had worked a summer bb camp at the school he was approached to see if he had any desire to assist Coach Andrews and Coach Starnes (his Daughter) with BB and teach science. If you have ever seen his resume you would realize how fortunate EC feels having Kenny back home.

Wow what a great hire it really happened.  I don't know the guy personally but definately know the name.  But....just because of this hire doesn't mean EC is an automatic contender.  Still some pretty decent competition in that district.  What a great opportunity for the HC though to learn from his experience though.

EC was a contender before this hire. JMO I think that with coach Hoffauir on the bench is worth 2 points a Qr. Look back at the losses that EC had last year and jf you add those 8 points they win over half of those games. Not taking any thing from Andrews but he cant match Coach H record or experience. This is a great spot for the EC basketball program to be in. Cant wait to see them play this year.

[quote name="True Blue" post="848079" timestamp="1284577374"]
You are right they were 3 in dist. last year and did go 2 deap in the playoffs. And it would not have mattered if they would have had Phill Jackson as a coach last year , there was no way they could have betten Kountze. But they should have betten Ana. and I will say this right now [size=12pt][color=red]THE REASON THAT THEY LOST THAT PLAYOFF GAME WAS ME. [/color] [/size]  I should have never made my son quite. He did some thing that was stupid and I should have made him set out the suspension and play the playoffs. I am sorry for what I did to the other kids on that team. But there is nothing I can do about that now. But I wish them all the luck in the world and I am glad to see them moving forward and trying to improving a allready good program.
[/quote]Trust me dude, you weren't the reason. The may have lost worse with him ;D

[quote name="Betrayed" post="853493" timestamp="1285162434"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=72959.msg848079#msg848079 date=1284577374]
You are right they were 3 in dist. last year and did go 2 deap in the playoffs. And it would not have mattered if they would have had Phill Jackson as a coach last year , there was no way they could have betten Kountze. But they should have betten Ana. and I will say this right now [size=12pt][color=red]THE REASON THAT THEY LOST THAT PLAYOFF GAME WAS ME. [/color] [/size]  I should have never made my son quite. He did some thing that was stupid and I should have made him set out the suspension and play the playoffs. I am sorry for what I did to the other kids on that team. But there is nothing I can do about that now. But I wish them all the luck in the world and I am glad to see them moving forward and trying to improving a allready good program.
[/quote]Trust me dude, you weren't the reason. The may have lost worse with him ;D
[/quote] Well that is something that we will never know But We do know that Andrews played him 1/2 the game in EC and they lost by 9. He played him the hole game in Ana. and we won by 5, He did not play at all in the playoff game and they lost by 30. so I would say that they would not have gotten beat worse.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder