2011 Silsbee Baseball Season,,

Jakk11

[quote name="evadalerebel4life" post="852295" timestamp="1285015003"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=72905.msg846122#msg846122 date=1284350325]
Playoffs. Couple of rounds or more.
[/quote]

silsbee will be lucky to make the playoffs .
[/quote]

smh... Silsbee is coming back with their entire roster. Playoffs for sure!

[quote name="rtl12" post="854452" timestamp="1285270069"]
And this is the team that actually got worse from 08 to 09 when they returned everybody but the senior shortstop? haha we'll see.
[/quote]

Indeed we will. Oh and actually they lost every starter except Chase Kelly between 08 and 09. They lost him after the 09 season.

And that will change why? You said yourself that everybody is coming back, so unless they pull a abit out of a hat I for see another leaderless season. But who knows, I hope they do good, just have a hard time predicting them as the favorite when they've proved nothing so far.

[quote name="rtl12" post="854852" timestamp="1285302676"]
And that will change why? You said yourself that everybody is coming back, so unless they pull a abit out of a hat I for see another leaderless season. But who knows, I hope they do good, just have a hard time predicting them as the favorite when they've proved nothing so far.
[/quote]

If this who I think it is......aren't you supposed to be a Tiger??????  If you are a Tiger, ACT  LIKE ONE....

[quote name="rbreezy" post="858603" timestamp="1285540943"]
Yea, your right, they are going to be amazing this year. Better?
[/quote]

No one said you had to be sarcastic......but there is absolutely no need to air the internal laundry on this forum.  Silsbee does have a senior leader in Caleb Henry.  They do have alot of upside with two of their pitchers returning from tommy john.

Your attitude is part of the problems Silsbee has had for the last couple years..... I hope the new coach sheds the program of these attitudes!

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="858802" timestamp="1285557217"]
[quote author=rbreezy link=topic=72905.msg858603#msg858603 date=1285540943]
[/quote]

No one said you had to be sarcastic......but there is absolutely no need to air the internal laundry on this forum.  Silsbee does have a senior leader in Caleb Henry.  They do have alot of upside with two of their pitchers returning from tommy john.

Your attitude is part of the problems Silsbee has had for the last couple years..... I hope the new coach sheds the program of these attitudes!
[/quote]Great young man and ball player...We played summer ball with him two summers ago. He will be a fine leader for that team..

[quote name="rbreezy" post="858603" timestamp="1285540943"]
[/quote]

As a former Tiger baseball player I seriously hope you are not a part of this team.  All it takes is one cancer like you to ruin a team.

[quote name="Grammy" post="859116" timestamp="1285609792"]
[quote author=rbreezy link=topic=72905.msg858603#msg858603 date=1285540943]
[/quote]

As a former Tiger baseball player I seriously hope you are not a part of this team.  All it takes is one cancer like you to ruin a team.
[/quote]

He was on JV last year.....

• 1 month later...
[quote name="rt12" post="860473" timestamp="1285729840"]
I apologize for my comments people, I really do want this team to do well, and never said otherwise. I was just repeating what jak said when he said there were no leaders, I was really just arguing to mess with him. I did take it to far, sorry for that.
[/quote]

Just speak your mind.  Use your thoughts and no one else's.  People respect opinions as long
as they are true and heartfelt. 

treasure your integrity as it should be non-negotiable. 

• 2 weeks later...
I believe silsbee will be a playoff contender but thinking they will make a run is kinda over the top. Dont get me wrong silsbee can make a run if they start playing as a team but I honestly dont think they will compete on the same level as Bridge City and West Orange-Stark. Yes, I said it, West Orange-Stark. With Riojas coming in with some experiance under his belt and playoff wins behind him, and a very large senior class this year, they could upset the district and take the crown this year. Returning starters will be a key roll this year for the team behind the arms of Anderson and Darnall, (others i will not mention due to the fact I will let them speak for themselves on the mound) this team will be solid and ready for whoever they play. BC is always competitave and will always put up an excellent game with whoever they play as well. Looking forward to great matchups with all three of these teams making playoffs. Orangefield will be very young this year, HJ just isnt clicking like they used to and HF may be a sleeper. By any means this district could be very well mixed up with great talent comming out of each school.

[quote name="mstngfan07" post="909447" timestamp="1289798137"]
I believe silsbee will be a playoff contender but thinking they will make a run is kinda over the top. Dont get me wrong silsbee can make a run if they start playing as a team but I honestly dont think they will compete on the same level as Bridge City and West Orange-Stark. Yes, I said it, West Orange-Stark. With Riojas coming in with some experiance under his belt and playoff wins behind him, and a very large senior class this year, they could upset the district and take the crown this year. Returning starters will be a key roll this year for the team behind the arms of Anderson and Darnall, (others i will not mention due to the fact I will let them speak for themselves on the mound) this team will be solid and ready for whoever they play. BC is always competitave and will always put up an excellent game with whoever they play as well. Looking forward to great matchups with all three of these teams making playoffs. Orangefield will be very young this year, HJ just isnt clicking like they used to and HF may be a sleeper. By any means this district could be very well mixed up with great talent comming out of each school.

Respect your enthusiasim for your squad however BC will in all likelyhood run away with the district crown.  Can the new coach in silsbee bring everything together for a playoff spot? Time will tell. It will be an exciting run for the 2nd and 3rd spots as I don't think any team will be on the same level as the cards.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder