* Lamar vs. Webber International Game Thread/LU WINS/Comments!!

KFDM COOP

Wow hater's already huh? haha Bevil threw for over 400 yards against mcneese and then has a bad game (STILL A WIN) and ya'll wanna start bad mouthing him? I mean people are gonna have bad games! Bevil will be fine! Has won on all levels so far and he will continue to win! The cards will compete week in and week out!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackflag
[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="845222" timestamp="1284260138"]
[font=Courier]Great atmosphere!

Very hot tho. Heard dozens were treated by EMS for heat including band members.

Actually glad it was a close win, bring some people back down to earth and remember its a 1st year program. Remember, teams now have film on the Cards so it will not get any easier!

PS...[b]anyone here the PA announcer keep telling the fans to stand up and make noise when LU had the ball? LOL...then LU got a false start.[/b]
[/font]
[/quote]

I noticed that. McNeese fans did the same thing to their offense last week.  ???  ???

Guest blackflag
Bevil was determined to throw the ball deep to his left, even in double and triple coverage. He spread the ball around more to different receivers against McNeese.

Hussey should be starting RB.

#16 was open all night but overlooked

[quote name="westendfirst" post="845274" timestamp="1284262846"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=72828.msg844885#msg844885 date=1284246337]
gotta say nice atmosphere...atta way to boo an naia team...classy...almost as classy as the crop dusters you had fly over....oh andbnice home cooking on the push off in the endzone
[/quote]

[b]LOL on the crop duster comment[/b].

[b]However, are we supposed to cheer the opponent?  Oh you must be one of those feel good liberals?  There's no winners or losers right?  Everyone is a winner in your eyes!  No valedictorians...don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, right?  You probably want to do away with grades and all competition.[/b]
As far the push off...there wasn't one.  However, we did sack their qb 2 yards deep in the end zone for a safety and it wasn't called a safety.  And, where is this phantom block in the back on our punt return for a touchdown?  I think one of the feel good refs dropped that flag after we scored.  And, what about our number 95 being blatantly held on their 4th and 10 touchdown run with no call?
[/quote]

Glad somebody found the crop duster comment funny...I thought the flyover was pretty freaking cool but and I know they werent crop dusters thats just the first thing that popped in my head...Im prolly the furthest thing from a Liberal youll ever find, and I just think that a teeny tiny school from florida who came to your house to play should be booed for general purposes, it would be different if it was Sam Houston or SFA or Mcneese or any other conference team you dont like...and the push off and officiating is all in your perspective so I'll leave it that other than to say there were bad call on both sides and that crew acted like they have never officiated a college game before at times...Again nice atmosphere and crowd...Im a season ticket holder for Sam Houston and I drive 2 hours to Huntsville 5 times a season and have never seen that, it was cool and if I were a Lamar Alumni Id be there everyweek...You guys should do everything possible to keep it up cause that kind of spirit is hard to get back once you lose it...Good luck the next two weeks...

it goes to show you everyone is human. Andre Bevil is an Outstanding QB. He understands that he has to keep working day and day to get better watch film and see the mistakes he make and how he can correct them. From what i heard he played pretty good and one things for sure he help the cardinals get the win. I will hopefully make a game soon when i can get outta college station. but congrats to the cards

[quote name="PVT Ryan" post="845400" timestamp="1284302594"]
The program is legitimate, but the 6 pm start time has got to end...at least until November games arrive.  Also, relax with all the tailgating rules.  Let the ones who support the program have some fun.
[/quote] alot of colleges kick off at 6 ???  guess so you get home before midnight.  Its SE Texas...suck it up.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="845485" timestamp="1284312207"]
[quote author=PVT Ryan link=topic=72828.msg845400#msg845400 date=1284302594]
The program is legitimate, but the 6 pm start time has got to end...at least until November games arrive.  Also, relax with all the tailgating rules.  Let the ones who support the program have some fun.
[/quote] alot of colleges kick off at 6 ???  guess so you get home before midnight.  Its SE Texas...suck it up.
[/quote]

Sam Houston has one 6pm kickoff hone game and the rest are 2pm....every game at 6 is awesome, drink more beer at your tailgate and you forget about the heat

Don't think there will be a change in the start times for the home games this year.

Glad we won but a little dissappointed in the way we played. 1. The TO's have got to stop I don't care how good the player (Bevil) is you just can't give the ball away. 2. Webber had too many rushing yards in between the tackles. 3. I think we are somewhere between how good we played versus McNeese and last night.

I think there is a lot of room for improvement on both sides of the ball. The special teams played well last night with a blocked punt and one returned over 80 yards with a questionable call by an official.

Great crowd and atmosphere for the game. Mark Henry a former USA Olympian weight lift and professional wrestler leading the team on the field and Celtic star Kendrick Perkins on the sidelines, the flyovers, fireworks and all were awesome. Agree someone needs to tell the PA announcer we need the noise on defense not offense.  ;)

Did anyone see the score with South Dakota and Minnesota? SD won 41-38. Those guys come to Beaumont later this year.  :o

Sorry didn't see the other thread about SD beating Minnesota.

[/quote]

Yes, it IS southeast texas...so maybe 7 isn't late enough...8 would be better.  It is saturday night, where do you have to be? 

No matter what time it starts, I will be there.  it would just be nice if they moved it back.  don't high school games start at 7:30?

[quote name="the-riot07" post="845357" timestamp="1284273775"]
Wow hater's already huh? haha Bevil threw for over 400 yards against mcneese and then has a bad game (STILL A WIN) and ya'll wanna start bad mouthing him? I mean people are gonna have bad games! Bevil will be fine! Has won on all levels so far and he will continue to win! The cards will compete week in and week out!
[/quote]

Haters?  Talking about how the team played isn't being a hater??!!  That's part of what is fun about sports...talking about the game.  Geez..what, are we all just supposed to say "golly, we played swell.  Everyone played perfectly."

The defense was good, but the offensive line killed us.  Lamar needs to opens up holes for the running backs and give the quarterback some time to make decisions.  They did seem to be more organized after the first halve.  I think you give the majority of the team some more playing time and they will be fine, but the O-line needs some major work.

The whole experience was fantastic and the LU faithful showed up in force.  It was great to see the "sea of red" in PU stadium.  Thank you Dr. Simmons for your vision and leadership for Lamar.  You have done more for LU in the last 10 years than all the presidents combined in my lifetime.  I hope you have 5-10 years left in you.  No telling where LU will be at the end of your tenure!

[/quote]
YEAH!! 

[quote name="westendfirst" post="845830" timestamp="1284340555"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=72828.msg845485#msg845485 date=1284312207]
[/quote]

Yes, it IS southeast texas...so maybe 7 isn't late enough...8 would be better.  It is saturday night, where do you have to be? 

No matter what time it starts, I will be there.  it would just be nice if they moved it back.  don't high school games start at 7:30?
[/quote]

me? nowhere, but
lots of old folks and little kiddos dont want to be out till midite...aint 1963, teams dont grind it out with the wishbone anymore..games last longer...start em at 7:30, you'll be playing the 4th qtr with about 3,000 fans. heck, people were leaving LU in the early 4th qtr!

My kid called from college..the aggies kicked off at 6...dont hear them complaining..and thats 80,000 sweaty bodies in a stadium that smells like a urinal......(yeah, it does aggie fans)

After such a spectacular game in LC, we looked flat.  But it came out that we fought the officials, Webber International and the heat to get the win.
I think that Lamar University, Dr. Simmons, and everybody that had a hand in refurbishing the stadium, did a fantastic job.  Our new scoreboard worked to perfection, as well as everything else in the stadium.
One thing I watched, with some interest was Lamar's kicking game.  I hope this kid we got, comes around to his advertised talent.

i think lamar may have got a little caught up in the hype...the large crowds, the ribbon cuttings, etc....not taking any credit from webber...but after that first score it seemed like the team lost focus and started getting penalties and turning the ball over...two weeks ago in Lake Charles, lamar played an almost flawless game, and i know we cant expect that every week..but i was still proud of the effort and extremely happy we won!  8)

I am concerned about the kicking game, from what I have seen the past 2 games looks like the kid is struggling.  Kick Offs need special attention, in college you do not KICK OFF to the 30, 20, etc. 
The atmosphere Saturday was unbelievable from all the tailgating to the KICK OFF.  Everybody was so excited for LAMAR to be back,  but like Woodard has said they are a young team and there are things that need to be worked on.  It is obvious that special teams need some work. 

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="845983" timestamp="1284346577"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=72828.msg845485#msg845485 date=1284312207]
The program is legitimate, but the 6 pm start time has got to end...at least until November games arrive.  Also, relax with all the tailgating rules.  Let the ones who support the program have some fun.
[/quote] alot of colleges kick off at 6 ???  guess so you get home before midnight.  Its SE Texas...suck it up.
[/quote]
YEAH!!  
[/quote]

At 7:30 or 8:00 on Saturday night I hate to admit this but you would be going up against ESPN and one of their top games of the weekend. It is usually hotter in College Station than Beaumont. So, I guess I agree with puddin tane's comments. 

Pre ESPN I would say yea let's move back the starting time.

Our next home game will be in Oct. so the temp will be cooler.  

[quote name="99cards" post="846251" timestamp="1284384369"]
I am concerned about the kicking game, from what I have seen the past 2 games looks like the kid is struggling.  Kick Offs need special attention, in college you do not KICK OFF to the 30, 20, etc.   
The atmosphere Saturday was unbelievable from all the tailgating to the KICK OFF.  Everybody was so excited for LAMAR to be back,  but like Woodard has said they are a young team and there are things that need to be worked on.  It is obvious that special teams need some work. 
[/quote]

secondary has me a worried...the webber grills had guys running wide open....good thing their qb threw like my sister. Running  improved from previous week.  got some tough opponents coming up...GO BIG RED

[quote name="99cards" post="846251" timestamp="1284384369"]
[/quote]

We share common concerns.  I hope we can improve on each game.  I guess that's what this season is for. 

Guest BIG HOUSE
We are a START-UP program this year with a very diffucult schedule.. There will be ups and downs, thats for sure. If our coaching staff is solid we will make progress and learn from each game for next season when we will be senior heavy....My advise is to come out and support these kids no matter what happens this year..

[quote name="BIG HOUSE" post="848887" timestamp="1284689138"]
We are a START-UP program this year with a very diffucult schedule.. There will be ups and downs, thats for sure. If our coaching staff is solid we will make progress and learn from each game for next season when we will be senior heavy....My advise is to come out and support these kids no matter what happens this year..
[/quote]

I think we will surprise some folks on how well we do for a startup program.  With everyone coming back next year, it has the potential barring any major injuries/setbacks to be a special year. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw