* Lamar vs. Webber International Game Thread/LU WINS/Comments!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildcat58
Congratulations Cards first of hopefully many more victories to come, dont worry about style points, the win was what mattered. Again welcome back, i hope to be able to go to a game when i get home from Illinois, GO BIG RED!

[font=Courier]Great atmosphere!

Very hot tho. Heard dozens were treated by EMS for heat including band members.

Actually glad it was a close win, bring some people back down to earth and remember its a 1st year program. Remember, teams now have film on the Cards so it will not get any easier!

PS...anyone here the PA announcer keep telling the fans to stand up and make noise when LU had the ball? LOL...then LU got a false start.

[/font]

[quote name="venom33" post="845232" timestamp="1284260622"]
was that mark henry running out with the team??? if so, thats awesome! suit him up!
[/quote]

Yes it was and my son got to take a picture with him and then a picture with Kendrick Perkins on the sidelines as well..........my son said it was the best night of his life!!!!!!  Although he said the same thing the night Florida beat the crap out of Cincy at the Sugar Bowl when we were at the game!!!!!

Guest jhamilton
It is a great night for Lamar and wish I could have been there but junior was there. Have two at SFA and one at Lamar. Will be wearing two hats two weeks when they meet. Congrads to Lamar.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="845222" timestamp="1284260138"]

Actually glad it was a close win, bring some people back down to earth and remember its a 1st year program. Remember, teams now have film on the Cards so it will not get any easier!

PS...anyone here the PA announcer keep telling the fans to stand up and make noise when LU had the ball? LOL...then LU got a false start.

[/font]
[/quote]Oh come on dude. When LU lost by 3 to Mcneese you were quick to point out how Mcneese could have scored more if not for a few fumble.
However LU could have score 28 points more if not for a few red zone fumbles and ints. Why the double standard?

[quote name="kingkat99" post="844885" timestamp="1284246337"]
gotta say nice atmosphere...atta way to boo an naia team...classy...almost as classy as the crop dusters you had fly over....oh andbnice home cooking on the push off in the endzone
[/quote]

LOL on the crop duster comment.

However, are we supposed to cheer the opponent?  Oh you must be one of those feel good liberals?  There's no winners or losers right?  Everyone is a winner in your eyes!  No valedictorians...don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, right?  You probably want to do away with grades and all competition.

As far the push off...there wasn't one.  However, we did sack their qb 2 yards deep in the end zone for a safety and it wasn't called a safety.  And, where is this phantom block in the back on our punt return for a touchdown?  I think one of the feel good refs dropped that flag after we scored.  And, what about our number 95 being blatantly held on their 4th and 10 touchdown run with no call?

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="845067" timestamp="1284254836"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=72828.msg845044#msg845044 date=1284254012]
Lamar 80 + yard punt return TD called back.  Horrible call.  Ref that called it was on the other side of the field.
[/quote]

Actually was right call before flag thrown comments in our suite were made.  Very nasty hit..
[/quote]

I thought it was a horrible call, not only was the webber guy not going to be anywhere close to making the play it looked like a legal block on the outside of the shoulder.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="845222" timestamp="1284260138"]

[/font]

YES!!!!  Can you believe that????!!!!  Someone needs to explain some things to him.  We are not supposed to get up and make noise while we have the ball!!!!!!!!!  Not oddly enough, we had an illegal procedure during one of those "make noise" episodes!!

Also, it was pretty dang hot.  Can't we start the games at 7 or 7:30 until the weather gets a little cooler?
[/quote]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="845286" timestamp="1284263418"]
[font=Courier]Some of those interceptions tonight were result of actually good defense![/font]

[/quote]

Well, Bevil mad a lot of really boneheaded throws and a lot of really bad throws.  I love his quickness and he can definitely throw the deep ball.  But, man...someone has to teach him about 2 deep zones.  Someone has to tell him it is ok to dump the ball off to your running back that has noone covering.  Someone has to tell him to take care of the damn ball.  Even with as poorly as we played I am still pumped as hell.  Actually even more pumped by the fan support.  I could not believe all the tailgating before the game.  That was incredible.  If that continues then the good football will come eventually.  Maybe not this year or next but it will come if give that kind of support.  Personally, I really could care less if we win as long as the community is going out and having a good time.  But, we will have to win eventually (against teams better than NAIA teams) or people will quit going.

All in all I am pumped!  Bevil just needs to pull his head out of his rear.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="844938" timestamp="1284249771"]
Webber been studying film, playing well.
[/quote]

Totally agree.  I thought we were outcoached...sorry coach Woodard, I love you and think you will do fantastic here but, in this game, our coaches got schooled!  We didn't make any adjustments and Bevil kept throwing the ball into double and triple coverage.  It seems we were determined to throw the ball down field regardless of what defense they were playing.  Oh, and can we PLEASE use Chavis in the offensive scheme!!  Geez, the guy is a freak of an athletic specimen.  Certainly he can catch a pass?

Great night for LU!!!  College football is finally back in the Golden Triangle.  The stadium looked great and the flyover and fireworks tonight were a nice touch. 

As for the game, the Cards looked a little flat after last week's strong showing and "moral victory" at McNeese.  But hey, a win is a win especially after 21 years.  And you've got to give Webber Intl some credit.  They were a pretty solid team.

One small criticism.  Why the 6:00pm start?  It was hotter than heck and us fans on the east side had to stare into the sun the whole first half.  Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like a 7:30pm start would've made more sense.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="845258" timestamp="1284261947"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/lamar_football_overcomes_blunders_for_first_win.html
[/quote]

How fast is that Prejean kid?  He looked like he was shot out of a cannon...he was flying on that touchdown!

I thought Hussey and the other little running back ran well.  Hussey looks a bit better between the tackles and the other kid looks a bit quicker.  They are both fun to watch.  I also thought our kids played really hard and were really classy throughout the game.  They didn't do a lot of that taunting nonsense that you see so much today.  They got excited and celebrated good plays but I never really saw them taunting anyone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami