best fight song in the area

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NDN79" post="841754" timestamp="1283947149"]
I think the "Kid" out-did the"oldtimer"! Thanks for the info on the fight song Bandkid.
[/quote]Not really, bandkid as a musician like myself will eventually learn, to redo or rewrite a song, by changing it in any way is call "Arranging" a song. My post was mainly to correct his/her terminology is all. Frankly the Caisson song that Lumberton uses is more unusual in use than Cherokee, not saying I like it more or less and there is a school in Pennsylvania that I think does a better job on Cherokee because you can hear the kids singing a warcry in between some of the rests, at least on youtube that is.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="841879" timestamp="1283962777"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72641.msg841863#msg841863 date=1283960037]
[quote author=hookem14 link=topic=72641.msg841857#msg841857 date=1283959794]
Who uses "The Eyes of Texas" ?
[/quote]
LOL, oddly enough, noone in this area, go figure?!?!?  ???
[/quote]
I've been working on the railroad.
[/quote]Deweyville plays that end of each game. What is bridge city run out song called? 

Paw Power by West Brook always got me fired up...not sure that's their fight song though.

Baytown Lee and Baytown Sterling both have fight songs that get me fired up as well.
I think it just depends on what you heard most growing up.  I've heard Lee play Dixie 5,000 times over the years, so it makes sense it's the one I am tied to most emotionally.
Fight, fight, fight Sterling Rangers is another one even though I don't like Sterling much.  I heard it so much over the years, it's bound to trigger some emotion.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="841928" timestamp="1283969181"]
[quote author=meanjoe link=topic=72641.msg841876#msg841876 date=1283962195]
[size=12pt]Go Ye Port Arthur[/size][/quote]

[size=12pt]Fight for Victory.........[/size]

[size=10pt][b]The best fight song PERIOD![/b][/size]
[/quote]

go ye port arthur was a great fight song!  always enjoyed hearing it.

panamamyers - nothing like Dixie and Dull Razor to get a Gander fan going!  What is the status of the band playing those songs this year?  Just remember talk in the past the band director did not let the band play them.  Can't wait till the last game of the season. :)  Sitting on one side but still a Gander!

Merla Kramer (Former REL Coach Ron Kramer's wife) can sing every schools song and fight song.  :D  Now she's at GCM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder