*LAMAR vs. McNEESE ST. GAME THREAD/UPDATES...McNeese Wins!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts about the first half:  Lamar's pass-blocking is very good, and Bevil has a great arm.  He's made a couple of dumb throws when he should scramble, but he's generally done well.  The running game needs some serious work, and it needs to start at the line of scrimmage.  On defense, the pass rush is pretty good, and coverage isn't bad.  But McNeese is getting big push on running plays, and Lamar's linebackers don't seem to be reading it well.  Tackling hasn't been very good, and that's what's led to the big runs.  The McNeese fumbles were all caused by big hits from Lamar, so they have the speed and strength, but they really need to work on their tackling.

I'd say that Lamar's best player on offense is Bevil, and their best player on defense is linebacker Asim Hicks.

Overall, it's a good first half after a 21-year lay off.

Guest wildcat58
4th and goal at 1, lu fg trail only 16-13. Going to go ahead and say it now , no one could have expected lamar to be hanging with a div 1AA power like mcneese currently ranked #8. Lamar has had 2 years to prepare yes they need to improve in many areas but hello only trailing by 3pts. With the facilities they have now and the talent in the area, give lamar 3-4 years and they will be another consistent slc team to be reckoned with nationally on the FCS level.One other note i am listening to this game in illinois. wish i could be there for home opener,should be awesome. Win or lose the game lamar has all ready won some respect.

[quote name="wildcat58" post="839419" timestamp="1283651852"]
4th and goal at 1, lu fg trail only 16-13. Going to go ahead and say it now , no one could have expected lamar to be hanging with a div 1AA power like mcneese currently ranked #8. Lamar has had 2 years to prepare yes they need to improve in many areas but hello only trailing by 3pts. With the facilities they have now and the talent in the area, give lamar 3-4 years and they will be another consistent slc team to be reckoned with nationally on the FCS level.One other note i am listening to this game in illinois. wish i could be there for home opener,should be awesome. Win or lose the game lamar has all ready won some respect.
[/quote]

Let's just hope the Cards can keep it going and stay focused. They don't seem to be intimidated at all by McNeese. I felt going into the game that the "mental" game was the most important for the Cards. They have been practicing for two years and it made no sense to me for people to think they would just roll up and die, even for McNeese. They have talent and a good system in place. They just needed to believe they could play ball and not get caught up in being the "new" kids on the block. So far, they've managed to play like they never took a 21-year break.
Just hoping they can keep moving the ball and scare the bejeezus out of the Pokes...HA! I'm sure McNeese is making adjustments as I type this...so we'll see what happens! Either way...a good start for the Cards!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder