WOSgrad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="scooter!" post="838036" timestamp="1283565167"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=72435.msg838021#msg838021 date=1283564580]
Central will be fine in district.  They'll represent well in the playoffs.  We just gotta get the lil bro' some brotherly whoppin'  ;)
[/quote]We shut them out ;-)
[/quote]Yeah, but the score they got was a busted play and the QB just threw it up and got lucky on the reception. Neither Central or Ozen was ever able to drive the field and score, so I dont take much into the fact that they scored on us. BTW, our starters were pulled in the third, and the backups scored twice. I dont know if WB is that good, or if Central was......not so good. Either way, its a win, and the trophy stays at the Brook. The WB/PAM game should be a great one!!!!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="838194" timestamp="1283568577"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=72435.msg838036#msg838036 date=1283565167]
Central will be fine in district.  They'll represent well in the playoffs.  We just gotta get the lil bro' some brotherly whoppin'  ;)
[/quote]Yeah, but the score they got was a busted play and the QB just threw it up and got lucky on the reception. Neither Central or Ozen was ever able to drive the field and score, so I dont take much into the fact that they scored on us. BTW, our starters were pulled in the third, and the backups scored twice. I dont know if WB is that good, or if Central was......not so good. Either way, its a win, and the trophy stays at the Brook. The WB/PAM game should be a great one!!!!
[/quote]So where did Ozen's score come from last week, I don't remember?

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="838325" timestamp="1283571862"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=72435.msg838194#msg838194 date=1283568577]
[/quote]A busted play.....we stacked the box for what looked like a run play. Our LB's moved in when the QB got to scrambling. He threw up a lucky pass and it was caught with nothing in front of him but the end zone. Again, no one has been able to drive the field to score on us. Hopefully, Ike will be a bit more of a challenge for our offense. We need to see better offenses and defenses before the Katy game in two weeks.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="838351" timestamp="1283572458"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72435.msg838325#msg838325 date=1283571862]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=72435.msg838194#msg838194 date=1283568577]
[/quote]A busted play.....we stacked the box for what looked like a run play. Our LB's moved in when the QB got to scrambling. He threw up a lucky pass and it was caught with nothing in front of him but the end zone. Again, no one has been able to drive the field to score on us. Hopefully, Ike will be a bit more of a challenge for our offense. We need to see better offenses and defenses before the Katy game in two weeks.
[/quote]i agree 100%

Beaumont Central        Beaumont West Brook
Total yards 175            439
First downs 7                12
Rushes/Yds 32/156        27/294
Average rush 4.88        10.89
Comp/Atts 2/11/1          7/8/0
Pass yards 19              145
Comp pct 18.18            87.5
Punts 6                        2
Punting Yards 206          69
Punting Average 34.33    34.5
Fumbles/Lost 2/2          0/0
Penalties-yards 3-20      5-50

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="838414" timestamp="1283574333"]
I think this game was as much a message to Memorial as it was a Beaumont Bowl title.
[/quote]
I hate to tell you but the world doesn't revolve around Pam  ;)  If you look around, La Porte had a blow out win against Baytown Lee.  North Shore blew Ike out of the water.  I expect Pam to send the same message to our lil baby bro' the Panthers tomorrow.  This is District 21 5A's pissing match.  See who can growl the loudest.  Anyway you put it, good job all around  ;D ;D ;D

Man I witness WB take Central to the Woodshed and Lay the smackdown on their candies and cookies.Central looked like a beaten team from the start. the Jags didnt look very enthused to be out there. Its time to find an identity too; Are you a running team or a spread Passing team. Running the ball from under center would benefit the Jags alot more. 3P's Piss poor Performance; They are just that bad IMO.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="838488" timestamp="1283576329"]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=72435.msg838471#msg838471 date=1283575858]
where is Soulja at ?
[/quote]
I'll bet he's working on a post like he posted after last week's game. And, if so ... it will be worth the wait.  :)
[/quote]
Did you get my PM a couple of days ago?

[quote name="LTrain" post="838504" timestamp="1283576784"]
[quote author=RustedCutlass link=topic=72435.msg838488#msg838488 date=1283576329]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=72435.msg838471#msg838471 date=1283575858]
where is Soulja at ?
[/quote]
I'll bet he's working on a post like he posted after last week's game. And, if so ... it will be worth the wait.  :)
[/quote]
Did you get my PM a couple of days ago?
[/quote]
Yeah I did. Let the razzing begin. LOL!  ;D

[quote name="bigd92" post="838492" timestamp="1283576386"]
Man I witness WB take Central to the Woodshed and Lay the smackdown on their candies and cookies.Central looked like a beaten team from the start. the Jags didnt look very enthused to be out there. Its time to find an identity too; Are you a running team or a spread Passing team. [b]Running the ball from under center would benefit the Jags alot more[/b]. 3P's Piss poor Performance; They are just that bad IMO.
[/quote]You are absolutely correct, bigd. The only time I saw Central move the ball was when they ran the ball straight up the gut. Every time they tried to go to the outside with some sort of option or side run, they got shut down. I think Central will be OK, but they need to build up a little confidence first. Playing two really good schools like PAM and WB didn't help their confidence levels.

[quote name="bigd92" post="838492" timestamp="1283576386"]
Man I witness WB take Central to the Woodshed and Lay the smackdown on their candies and cookies.Central looked like a beaten team from the start. the Jags didnt look very enthused to be out there. Its time to find an identity too; Are you a running team or a spread Passing team. Running the ball from under center would benefit the Jags alot more. 3P's Piss poor Performance; They are just that bad IMO.
[/quote]Big D, I was saying this all night with my Jag fans. The part about the identity.

Congrads to Brook for putting the smackdown to us. You did everything you were supposed to do to an inferior team.... Put us away.  Your speed and skill guys were always put in the perfect spots to make big plays.Brook's defens was also pretty good, with several big hits.  Talked to one of the starting D-Linemen from Brook.  Told me Our O-Line was playing dirty by high lowing their D-Linemen.  I told him it made no difference, because yall were in our backfield all night long... Which brings mee to another point...  We can't Block, or even act like we want to block.  It's hard for our best offensive weapon to get anything going when he have to break like 4 tackles just to get out the backfield.  (82, on the TD run by Central, that was no busted play.  Heard had to break like 4 tackles for that TD... Still no blocking by the O-Line).  Also, thanks to Brook, we discovered that we can't cover the pass either. The Backup QB came in on his first play and threw a TD strike... Jags, Scrape that shotgun and go primarily under center...  The ball was moving...  Got consecutive First downs...  Then you go away from it.  I received several text messages from Brook fans..  Saying that Central was playing a really good 5a team (state ranked).  I was like, that's good and dandy, and Memorial was good as well, but I expect to see improvement from week to week, and I saw non...  Same crap from last week...Go away from plays that work..Can't tackle..  Can't block...  Special teams suck...Playbook sucks...  No sense of urgeny from our players (or coaches)...  I can go on.  And it just seems when I look around, this type of stuff is completely fine... Making excuses for this.  Ummm, did you read my signature?  Same thing goes for my own team.  Anyways, I'm off my soap box now... (its sad, but I'm to the point to where I'm not even that enthused to see us next week...)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn