Beaumont Central at Beaumont West Brook Beaumont Bowl Thread/WB Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Soulja I wouldn't give up on them just yet.  They are a very young team after graduating a bunch of seniors last year.  They have a tough predistrict schedule and they should get it together before it's too late.  I felt the same way you did last year with WB early in the season and they proved me wrong.  Good luck the rest of the season. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="838690" timestamp="1283609467"]
[quote author=bigd92 link=topic=72435.msg838492#msg838492 date=1283576386]
Man I witness WB take Central to the Woodshed and Lay the smackdown on their candies and cookies.Central looked like a beaten team from the start. the Jags didnt look very enthused to be out there. Its time to find an identity too; Are you a running team or a spread Passing team. Running the ball from under center would benefit the Jags alot more. 3P's Piss poor Performance; They are just that bad IMO.
[/quote]Big D, I was saying this all night with my Jag fans. The part about the identity.

Congrads to Brook for putting the smackdown to us. You did everything you were supposed to do to an inferior team.... Put us away.  Your speed and skill guys were always put in the perfect spots to make big plays.Brook's defens was also pretty good, with several big hits.  Talked to one of the starting D-Linemen from Brook.  Told me Our O-Line was playing dirty by high lowing their D-Linemen.  I told him it made no difference, because yall were in our backfield all night long... Which brings mee to another point...  We can't Block, or even act like we want to block.  It's hard for our best offensive weapon to get anything going when he have to break like 4 tackles just to get out the backfield.   (82, on the TD run by Central, that was no busted play.  Heard had to break like 4 tackles for that TD... Still no blocking by the O-Line).  Also, thanks to Brook, we discovered that we can't cover the pass either. The Backup QB came in on his first play and threw a TD strike... Jags, Scrape that shotgun and go primarily under center...  The ball was moving...  Got consecutive First downs...  Then you go away from it.  I received several text messages from Brook fans..  Saying that Central was playing a really good 5a team (state ranked).  I was like, that's good and dandy, and Memorial was good as well, but I expect to see improvement from week to week, and I saw non...  Same crap from last week...Go away from plays that work..Can't tackle..  Can't block...  Special teams suck...Playbook sucks...  No sense of urgeny from our players (or coaches)...  I can go on.  And it just seems when I look around, this type of stuff is completely fine... Making excuses for this.  Ummm, did you read my signature?  Same thing goes for my own team.  Anyways, I'm off my soap box now... (its sad, but I'm to the point to where I'm not even that enthused to see us next week...)
[/quote]
Soulja, I realize this was the Beaumont Bowl and everything that goes with it, but isn't now in pre-season the time to work on those plays and try an perfect them before the regular season starts? I would think that was really what the Central coaches are trying to accomplish, chances are, the worst plays will be scrapped or put on the back burner at  least come district time. That's when the games really count. Central has always been known for their running, the coaches probably would like to have another facet to their offense, especially if the linemen aren't as big or fast as past linemen, something to open up the defense.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="838754" timestamp="1283613951"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72435.msg838690#msg838690 date=1283609467]
Man I witness WB take Central to the Woodshed and Lay the smackdown on their candies and cookies.Central looked like a beaten team from the start. the Jags didnt look very enthused to be out there. Its time to find an identity too; Are you a running team or a spread Passing team. Running the ball from under center would benefit the Jags alot more. 3P's Piss poor Performance; They are just that bad IMO.
[/quote]Big D, I was saying this all night with my Jag fans. The part about the identity.

Congrads to Brook for putting the smackdown to us. You did everything you were supposed to do to an inferior team.... Put us away.  Your speed and skill guys were always put in the perfect spots to make big plays.Brook's defens was also pretty good, with several big hits.  Talked to one of the starting D-Linemen from Brook.  Told me Our O-Line was playing dirty by high lowing their D-Linemen.  I told him it made no difference, because yall were in our backfield all night long... Which brings mee to another point...  We can't Block, or even act like we want to block.  It's hard for our best offensive weapon to get anything going when he have to break like 4 tackles just to get out the backfield.   (82, on the TD run by Central, that was no busted play.  Heard had to break like 4 tackles for that TD... Still no blocking by the O-Line).  Also, thanks to Brook, we discovered that we can't cover the pass either. The Backup QB came in on his first play and threw a TD strike... Jags, Scrape that shotgun and go primarily under center...  The ball was moving...  Got consecutive First downs...  Then you go away from it.  I received several text messages from Brook fans..  Saying that Central was playing a really good 5a team (state ranked).  I was like, that's good and dandy, and Memorial was good as well, but I expect to see improvement from week to week, and I saw non...  Same crap from last week...Go away from plays that work..Can't tackle..  Can't block...  Special teams suck...Playbook sucks...  No sense of urgeny from our players (or coaches)...  I can go on.  And it just seems when I look around, this type of stuff is completely fine... Making excuses for this.  Ummm, did you read my signature?  Same thing goes for my own team.  Anyways, I'm off my soap box now... (its sad, but I'm to the point to where I'm not even that enthused to see us next week...)
[/quote]
Soulja, I realize this was the Beaumont Bowl and everything that goes with it, but isn't now in pre-season the time to work on those plays and try an perfect them before the regular season starts? I would think that was really what the Central coaches are trying to accomplish, chances are, the worst plays will be scrapped or put on the back burner at  least come district time. That's when the games really count. Central has always been known for their running, the coaches probably would like to have another facet to their offense, especially if the linemen aren't as big or fast as past linemen, something to open up the defense.
[/quote]

Work on plays and perfect them in Central vs. West Brook - hardly. ::)  Those Central coaches wanted to compete and win that game.  It's past working on plays time in this season.  Central needs to show something SOON. >:(

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="838758" timestamp="1283614423"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72435.msg838754#msg838754 date=1283613951]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72435.msg838690#msg838690 date=1283609467]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Work on plays and perfect them in Central vs. West Brook - hardly. ::)  Those Central coaches wanted to compete and win that game.  It's past working on plays time in this season.  Central needs to show something SOON. >:(
[/quote]I agree...  It's not cool to get embarrassed like that against crosstown rivals...  I've also heard that Central didn't have a pep rally for the players...How can you not have a pep rally during 'Beat the Brook' week?

Central kills itself by switching to a cute offense despite what worked in the pass.  They need to get back to the I-formation and get back in a hurry....

WB is not the #7 team in the state.  They will get exposed by downhill running teams since they're tall but skinny along the defensive front.  From here on out WB fans, the meat of your schedule will expose the flaws....

[quote name="SFA85" post="838805" timestamp="1283616993"]
Central kills itself by switching to a cute offense despite what worked in the pass.  They need to get back to the I-formation and get back in a hurry....

WB is not the #7 team in the state.  They will get exposed by downhill running teams since they're tall but skinny along the defensive front.  From here on out WB fans, the meat of your schedule will expose the flaws....
[/quote]Most successful out of the I formation.  Somebody need to tell them that we've NEVER been a shotgun/spread team!

[quote name="SFA85" post="838805" timestamp="1283616993"]

[/quote]

Thanks for your support and interest in our program. If you ever need tickets to see a great unranked WB team---i'll buy you one.  I'll throw in a Turkey leg which is $7th ranked. Looking forward to you future WB post.  HAGD

Smh personaly I think we should go baq to the Wishbone offense with the three backs and 1 Wr..But any way

I remeber when Katy started out the season 0-2 and went on to win the state championship...Our season isnt over yet..

I know I always come up with good phrases while my Jags get Beat, buh I just feel that were way better than how we are playing. seems like
were holden baq, is something keepping us back like were not giveing it our all..Last time I seen a Jags team like this was the 4-6 07 Team, all that Talent. I hope we get it going before is to late..

Yea, I feel that, but that 2007 team wasn't getting blown away.  We was losing, but still played hard.  I just hope that the level of ompetition that we faced was just that good... BTW, I remember that year Katy started off 0-2.  I believe they got shut out or blown out those first 2 games...  Then went on to win state... I'm not saying that this will happen with my Jags, But it would be nice if they got good enough to win some games and make the playoffs...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="839398" timestamp="1283651253"]
Wishbone, you say?  We don't block good enoug for an offense like that this year...
[/quote]
But as a Former O-line men I can say its easier for the Young Line,,Is not to complicated.
Plus all our QB does is run anyway and it keeps the clock moveing with our Defense resting on the sideline..(Thats why I think Offnses score so much, cause our D is always on the field) But this will only make them better IMO

And yea about that Katy statment, I just try to keep hope alive..I was happy last night to see some of our players Keeping everones head up late in the game, Showed me that we still have some fight just not enough.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder