Hardin at Tarkington Game Thread/Hardin Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

heck of a back and forth game by both squads, horns took lead inside a minute and hornets roared back with i think 39 seconds on the clock. it was odd that clock was down to 35 seconds after horns scored but reset to 39 before kickoff, it could have gone either way at the end, very exciting for fans. personally i would have liked to see the horns hold on, they showed their competitiveness and they've got a great leader there. hats off to the hornets for making the play when it absolutely had to be made. horns will get better by the week, won't be in the cellar as so many predicted.

[quote name="hitchpin" post="838487" timestamp="1283576321"]
heck of a back and forth game by both squads, horns took lead inside a minute and hornets roared back with i think 39 seconds on the clock. it was odd that clock was down to 35 seconds after horns scored but reset to 39 before kickoff, it could have gone either way at the end, very exciting for fans. personally i would have liked to see the horns hold on, they showed their competitiveness and they've got a great leader there.just trying to figure out woho had their ball. hats off to the hornets for making the play when it absolutely had to be made. horns will get better by the week, won't be in the cellar as so many predicted.
[/quote]
Not weird, 38 seconds on clock when they kicked, Hardin kid basically called a fair catch then dropped down on the ball. Clock doesn't start till the ball is touched. Still a great game though, Tarkington's offense will give you some fits, it became a game to us in the stands trying to figure out who had the ball.

Tarkington played a heck of a bsll game,  They have come a long way with this new offence.  There is one thing i didnt understand.....
I thought that the person announcing the game is to be unbissed and  not root for one team or the other out loud.  Sounded like he needed to be on the sidelines with the cheerleaders and not in the pressbox. Thats just me though.  Tarkington football boys great game, Hardin boys great game, get prepared for west hardin next week.

It has always been like that over at Tarkington. P.A. announcer calling the formation of Tark. oponnets as they come to the line so the players can adjust without actually having to read it Their selves. Hate to play over there, annoucer should be wearing a skirt and waving pom poms.

[quote name="RexFry" post="838691" timestamp="1283609504"]
It has always been like that over at Tarkington. P.A. announcer calling the formation of Tark. oponnets as they come to the line so the players can adjust without actually having to read it Their selves. Hate to play over there, annoucer should be wearing a skirt and waving pom poms.
[/quote]

This is true...it kinda gets annoying but it obviously motivates the other team to score and shut him up like last night. :D

[quote name="bushpilot" post="838600" timestamp="1283596568"]
[quote author=hitchpin link=topic=72420.msg838487#msg838487 date=1283576321]
heck of a back and forth game by both squads, horns took lead inside a minute and hornets roared back with i think 39 seconds on the clock. it was odd that clock was down to 35 seconds after horns scored but reset to 39 before kickoff, it could have gone either way at the end, very exciting for fans. personally i would have liked to see the horns hold on, they showed their competitiveness and they've got a great leader there.just trying to figure out woho had their ball. hats off to the hornets for making the play when it absolutely had to be made. horns will get better by the week, won't be in the cellar as so many predicted.
[/quote]
Not weird, 38 seconds on clock when they kicked, Hardin kid basically called a fair catch then dropped down on the ball. Clock doesn't start till the ball is touched. Still a great game though, Tarkington's offense will give you some fits, it became a game to us in the stands trying to figure out who had the ball.
[/quote]

what was weird was that when the horns scored it read 35 and was subsequently reset to 39 (or 38 as you say) before the kick, of course official time is kept on the field i'm supposing so that was why there was a discrepancy, of course at that point horns fans were hoping it would just wind down  ;D. i don't guess i ever paid that much attention to the announcer at home, but other places it seems there is always a little "home field" bias at least when it comes to enthusiasm. did somebody say they were actually calling formations? i guess i better start paying better attention  :D

..."it seems there is always a little "home field" bias at least when it comes to enthusiasm. did somebody say they were actually calling formations? i guess i better start paying better attention"  Yep, I think you better play closer attention.  High school announcers are all biased, and this one was no different, but calling plays--don't think so--cheerleader, definitely.  Hardin and Tarkington both played great games...more exciting for Tarkington because they are unaccustomed to success...maybe you can't blame the announcer's enthusiasm for the home team. 
Hardin had a very effective passing game.  #5 was a great athlete. But, Tarkington's running game was also effective.  They kept the ball out of Hardin's hands, which kept the score even.  I agree with the posting that it was hard to tell who was carrying the ball for T-team.  The official's clock definitely made a difference in the W/L, but it was an exciting game.  I wish both teams a good season. 

As I lonf time Liberty Panther Fan - this is good news bad news.  Good news as I have always wanted Tarkington to improve as they appear to almost always have a good group of kids and coaches.  Bad news as if Liberty does not improve Tarkington may well berat them for the first time is like - forever.  Go game Horns keep it up - of course agianst everyone but Liberty :D.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin