*Vidor Vs. Texas High Broadcast Thread*/TEXAS HIGH WINS 48-41 2OT!!!!

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not start this CRAP...everyone has good and bad points. 

RustedCutlas...defense did very well, considering how small we are and how large they were...they probably had 100 lbs./person more on them than us.  I think they handled things very well, and did get to that QB several times.  I will always think there is room for improvement in any game no matter if you win or lose.  There will be mistakes no matter how well you played and yes...we need to defend better especially against the pass, but they looked good in that area as well.  They hung with them and that's what counts.  They would have been at the QB's back door more if it had not of been for #43 holding most of the game. 

How is the kid that came off the field wobbling? Did he get a concussion or just a hard hit? And what about the kid that got knocked around when Texas High got the unsportsman-like conduct call?

All you guys make me laugh. Let me show you what a true fan post really looks like:
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="832789" timestamp="1282968693"]
Now on to Central.  We sucked.  It started with tackling.  We are tackle.  Titans we tackle in the backfield still end up getting first downs.  We can't cover anyone.  We didn't try to cover anyone.  We made adjustments in the middle of the third when the game was pretty much out of hand.  If we don't get better on defense, we won't do squat.  On offense, our coaches are still stuck on the 'Friendswood' syndrome.  We come out in the shot gun once again.  And once again, it DON'T work.  Too many fumbled and bumbled snaps.  Our O-Line forgot how to pick up the blitz.  We did have better success out of the I formation (WOW!  WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED??).  Memorial's defense if fast and mean, but we did good with counter plays, but you know our brilliant coaching staff went away from it since it was working so good...  ::) ::) ...  I'm Just beyond belief that the staff was just relaxed with how ill prepared they had our kids out there.  There was quit on their faces...  

Well, on to next week, and what a great team to draw but West Brook.  I know I probably cant judge our improvement on a team of that caliber, but I do want to see SOME improvement.  I want to see that somebody wants to compete.
[/quote]
Now, according to your reasoning, BmtSoulja1 must be the worst fan of the Central Jaguars ever. However, you will not find a more staunch supporter of the Jags on this board or, I'd venture to say, on any other sports board.
So you think the only "true fans" are the ones who never complain or want to see their teams play better? Or what? Come on, tell me. Show me where I've ever thrown our kids under the bus. Go ahead, I'll wait. And it will be a long one because all you'll come up with the hot air between your ears.
I've talked with Coach Mathews on the phone over posts I've made on here about the coaching staff thanks to a certain tattletale (and I now know who that is). You want to know what Mathews told me? He told me that he understood my frustration as a fan. He feels the same way sometimes when he watches games and sees boneheaded decisions being made. He just asked me to tone it down because of the kids and I respect him and honor that. Since that time I've never called a coach out. And my posting record proves it.
You want to attack me personally, dock? I guess you do since you started it and then posted again. Well, fine. But if this season doesn't go like you want it to and then you start trying to make excuses, expect me to call your "true fan"ship into question.
And, WelcomeTo TheBoneyard, thanks for the rundown. Like I had already posted, I didn't get to make the game. Thanks for filling me in instead of degrading yourself to sandbox insults like certain other people on here.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="834174" timestamp="1283088718"]
[quote author=dockofthebay link=topic=72110.msg834082#msg834082 date=1283055852]
Cutlass, you  have to be the worst fan any team can wish for. The "young" pirates just took the 2007 state champs to double overtime and you are complaining about the defense( 5 sophomores starting)!! Reading all your posts, you are the most negative fan I have ever seen. Do us true pirate fans a favor and pick another team to root for. Hopefully we won't see you at the next game!  P.S. - how would you know the o line was clicking if you weren't there?
[/quote]

Oh shut up. All I did was point out the truth: we have never been a score-for-score team. Sorry to break that to you.
And why wouldn't you want us to put more focus on defense? Do you not think those sophomores can get better? If it was a scorefest, well, then they were not playing to full potential. Which is really the fault of the coaches. But hey, go right ahead and say I'm bashing the kids or whatever.
Instead of me picking "another team to root for" why don't you "true pirate fans" learn how to take constructive criticism?
As for the O-line, uh well, the score was a pretty good indication. Any other duh factors you want to bring up?  ::)
[/quote]
Wowee Rusted, looks like you got yourself a fan, I got one of those from Lumberton myself so I feel for you. I really shouldn't jump in to your guys little fray here but I just had to point one thing out to you Mr. Dock, it has to do with this particular statement: [b]The "young" pirates just took the 2007 state champs to double overtime[/b]. If you think about it, the players who were on that 2007 state championship team are either two years or more into college OR they are already embarking on their life long chain and ball careers, so the "young Pirates", who did very well for themselves considering all the talk, were playing a team that most likely doesn't come close to resembling that 2007 team. I'm not saying they are worse or better, just that it's a comparison that is out of date. Most likely, any student who was in their school at the time would have been on the 8th or 9th grade team unless they were a phenom.

rusted..........Sand box insults! now i'm laughing, didn't you tell me to shut up and talk about tattle tales! How old are you? Don't say you have not talked about any coaches either because in your previous post you stated it was the coaches fault the defense didn't play well. Let me talk to coach Mathews and see if he can have a wanna be coaching day and let you come out and show the kids and correct the coaches on how to play defense. One other thing, don't compare yourself to soulja, the difference is he is positive about his team 90% of the time and you are about 10%!

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="834480" timestamp="1283119314"]
rusted..........Sand box insults! now i'm laughing, didn't you tell me to shut up and talk about tattle tales! How old are you? Don't say you have not talked about any coaches either because in your previous post you stated it was the coaches fault the defense didn't play well. Let me talk to coach Mathews and see if he can have a wanna be coaching day and let you come out and show the kids and correct the coaches on how to play defense. One other thing, don't compare yourself to soulja, the difference is he is positive about his team 90% of the time and you are about 10%!
[/quote]
How long did it take you to find this board, being the "true pirate fan" that you are? 16 posts? I've been supporting the Pirates through thick and thin for the past few years on here. Welcome aboard, Mr. Johnny Come Lately.
As for the tattle-telling, since you, the "true pirate fan" that you are, were not here last year you wouldn't know what I'm talking about. Again ... WELCOME ABOARD!
BTW: If you need Mathews phone number, let me know.  ;)

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="834494" timestamp="1283120177"]
Didn't know it was a prerequisite to have to be on setx sports to be a fan. Actually i've kept up with setxsports and know exactly what your talking about! I'm glad someone called you on it, they should have. ;)
[/quote]
Makes you wonder how old they are too, doesn't it? Oh wait, they agree with you so it's okay.  :D :D :D
Welcome aboard, Johnny. Just remember: Longtime posters like RaiderOldTimer can already see through you. Others will too.
Go ahead and have the last word. I'm through with you. Try focusing on football instead of me.
RC out.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="834498" timestamp="1283120417"]
[quote author=dockofthebay link=topic=72110.msg834494#msg834494 date=1283120177]
Didn't know it was a prerequisite to have to be on setx sports to be a fan. Actually i've kept up with setxsports and know exactly what your talking about! I'm glad someone called you on it, they should have. ;)
[/quote]
Makes you wonder how old they are too, doesn't it? Oh wait, they agree with you so it's okay.  :D :D :D
Welcome aboard, Johnny. Just remember: Longtime posters like RaiderOldTimer can already see through you. Others will too.
Go ahead and have the last word. I'm through with you. Try focusing on football instead of me.
RC out.
[/quote]
LOL, aren't you glad your initials are RC, my Dayton friends on here call me ROT..........lol

really guys.......as a former pirate football player (2010 grad) i know that the only thing that has held vidor back in the past is ingorant and selfish ppl who think about them selves. Coach always preached about that. Vidor has always had good players and only 85% of them were unified. All the things we did in offseason taught us to trust each other and to put aside our differences and put our full focous on the team as one unit. Now RC, i understand where your comming from i agree the defence needs to step up. Remember the Centrall game last year????????? 2OT 57 56. we dont need that happening this year. But this is a 80% different team than what we had last year. Adjustments are still being made. Ease up a bit and let it play out im sure as our young team gains experiance they will shape up. But what we DO not need is two (supposively) vidor fans agruing about players coaches stats ect. We need all the Positive support we can get. Pull it togather and stop bickering like freshman who never made 1st team...............................1 2 3 PIRATES AHOOO

The coaches pour their hearts out, they put everything on the line, they hold nothing back... family takes a back seat, entertainment takes a back seat, FOOTBALL IS THEIR LIFE during the season... They are totally committed to the cause 100% and they sell out everything they have.  They schedule a true Texas powerhouse and play them down to the wire... Two OT's!...  No they didn't get the win but have much to be proud about.  The players have much to be proud about....... 

Keep your heads up guys you represented SE Texas well!

The backseat armchair "guru" coaches need to find another hobby!

[quote name="bearbryant" post="834626" timestamp="1283131701"]
The coaches pour their hearts out, they put everything on the line, they hold nothing back... family takes a back seat, entertainment takes a back seat, FOOTBALL IS THEIR LIFE during the season... They are totally committed to the cause 100% and they sell out everything they have.  They schedule a true Texas powerhouse and play them down to the wire... Two OT's!...   No they didn't get the win but have much to be proud about.  The players have much to be proud about....... 

Keep your heads up guys you represented SE Texas well!

The backseat armchair "guru" coaches need to find another hobby!

[/quote]excellent! exactly!
they didnt get a "W" but gained alot from this game. 

Overtime games do not come out well for the Pirates.  2 OT loss to Ozen in 2000 for the district championship, then the classic OT shootout with Central last year and now the 2 OT loss to Texas High.  A conversion jinx seems to be in place with failed 2 point conversion tries in the first two, then a missed PAT late in regulation vs. T.H. that caused this game to go into OT. 

[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="834555" timestamp="1283125046"]
really guys.......as a former pirate football player (2010 grad) i know that the only thing that has held vidor back in the past is ingorant and selfish ppl who think about them selves. Coach always preached about that. Vidor has always had good players and only 85% of them were unified. All the things we did in offseason taught us to trust each other and to put aside our differences and put our full focous on the team as one unit. Now RC, i understand where your comming from i agree the defence needs to step up. Remember the Centrall game last year????????? 2OT 57 56. we dont need that happening this year. But this is a 80% different team than what we had last year. Adjustments are still being made. Ease up a bit and let it play out im sure as our young team gains experiance they will shape up. But what we DO not need is two (supposively) vidor fans agruing about players coaches stats ect. We need all the Positive support we can get. [b]Pull it togather and stop bickering like freshman who never made 1st team[/b]...............................1 2 3 PIRATES AHOOO
[/quote]amen to that...there aren't enough pirate supporters on here to have in-fighting. i'm proud of the way the team played. there is tons of room for improvement in this team because it is so young. this game should go a long ways in showing these boys that they can play with any team. they may have grown up overnight. they definitely didn't play like a team with 4 returning starters. couldn't make the game, but i am pumped for the next one. also, get them linebackers some new helmets. also, rusted cutlass is a true pirate fan. he was just pointing out areas that need to be improved upon. there's always room for improvement.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin