jasper freshmen

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="831451" timestamp="1282873425"]
[quote author=bigdog90 link=topic=72092.msg831437#msg831437 date=1282872892]
the freshmen beat lumberton 36 to 14
[/quote]

WOW!! Even with 15 of them playing on varsity? ::)
[/quote]

Nope, just 9 - get it right now.  ;D

[quote name="JPT" post="831648" timestamp="1282883916"]
actually there is 5 on varsity not 9 jb94
[/quote]

I made the comment in jest. At first, I believe it was reported that there were 9. From reading the Newsboy, I thought Coach Bickham said 3. But, he may have just been talking about defense.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="831666" timestamp="1282886039"]
So how many exactly is it? 9? 5? 3? Are these freshmen starting or just on the varsity roster?

I will say this, if you are a 700 plus enrollment 3A school and you have 5 freshmen on varsity with any of those starting, you are in a rebuilding year.
[/quote]

;) ::)

Maybe there is some hope......... The freshmen won. The JV won. Just maybe Jasper can win even with ???? how many freshmen starting?  ::) All I have read about Jasper is a bunch of excuses. First it was the QB being hurt. Then it was 9 freshmen starting on varsity or 5 or 3  ;D  So, I guess if Lumberton wins there will be an excuse for it. How about just strap on your helmet and pads and show up to play? I tend to focus on the positive things that our team brings to the field. We are picked to fight it out for last place in our district. No pressure on us  ;D The L-TRAIN will be making a stop in Lumberton friday night. Let's get this season started! Go Raiders!

[quote name="LR2014" post="831881" timestamp="1282930176"]
Maybe there is some hope......... The freshmen won. The JV won. Just maybe Jasper can win even with ???? how many freshmen starting?  ::) All I have read about Jasper is a bunch of excuses. First it was the QB being hurt. Then it was 9 freshmen starting on varsity or 5 or 3  ;D  So, I guess if Lumberton wins there will be an excuse for it. How about just strap on your helmet and pads and show up to play? I tend to focus on the positive things that our team brings to the field. We are picked to fight it out for last place in our district. No pressure on us  ;D The L-TRAIN will be making a stop in Lumberton friday night. Let's get this season started! Go Raiders!
[/quote]
Well said now lets play some football and stop all of the crying.. ;)

[quote name="LTrain" post="831966" timestamp="1282940912"]
[quote author=LR2014 link=topic=72092.msg831881#msg831881 date=1282930176]
[/quote]
Well said now lets play some football and stop all of the crying.. ;)
[/quote]No crying JASPER WILL BE READY good luck to both teams tonight

theres no one crying in a towel. we just trying to figure out how many freshmen on varsity starting.there is 5 three on def and two on offense. but they are not starters on offense they will be rotating. and believe me there want be no excuses just was saying they where young. good luck to both teams GO DOGS

Every team loses players every  year and how good they are depends on the players that step in. These freshmen are really better than average and just need experience in games. The goal is to get them ready for district which  believe they will be. Jasper also has a good number who played last year on varsity, so it is not a total rebuilding year.

BUT, an Aggie might consider it that!!!! ;D ;D :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder