PNG vs. Odessa Permian 1975 State Championship Game

From NDNBand69:

"One of our fellow Indians from the Round Rock area sent me this image to pass along.

This is a shot as the celebration begins in the 1975 State final game PNG vs Odessa Permian.
The team lifts Coach Doug Ethridge on their shoulders as the Indian faithful celebrate. "

[img]http://usera.ImageCave.com/jogger5079/1975PNGState.jpg[/img]

[quote name="jhamilton" post="830747" timestamp="1282770518"]
You guys sorta live in the past huh? Geez gotta go back that far for some fame? What happens this year or does that matter?
[/quote]

Hater is right.  One comment:

HONOR>>>>>PRIDE>>>>>TRADITION>>>>>>>>PORT NECHES-GROVES INDIANS!!!!

"Enough Said!"

PN-G should NEVER forget the joy of that championship.  They are not easy, so when you get one, cherish it FOREVER....  No jab at any other team in the area, but I will tell you,  statewide conversations always include WO-S and PN-G when people find out you are from the Golden Triangle.  Just a fact.  Hey, WO-S was THE place to be in Texas, during the 80's.  Coach Hooks mentioned the old gun-slinger the other night that may have slowed down a little but nobody wants to face him.  Well, it's the case with PN-G and WO-S....  They are KNOWN around the state and respected....

Also, that picture is someting that the GOLDEN TRIANGLE should be proud of......

[quote name="wosmustangs" post="830843" timestamp="1282782089"]
PN-G should NEVER forget the joy of that championship.  They are not easy, so when you get one, cherish it FOREVER....   No jab at any other team in the area, but I will tell you,  statewide conversations always include WO-S and PN-G when people find out you are from the Golden Triangle.  Just a fact.  Hey, WO-S was THE place to be in Texas, during the 80's.  Coach Hooks mentioned the old gun-slinger the other night that may have slowed down a little but nobody wants to face him.  Well, it's the case with PN-G and WO-S....  They are KNOWN around the state and respected....

Also, that picture is someting that the GOLDEN TRIANGLE should be proud of......
[/quote]

Thanks....Just wanted to share a GREAT moment from the past. Actually, my hats off to ALL these fine young men that go out there each and every Friday night, play their hearts out, for our entertainment.  Best of luck to ALL the area teams.  I pray God's mercy on each and every participant and fan as we begin the 2010 football season.  God Bless!

Thanks for sharing that picture.Great comments from wosmustangs,Majestyk, and Jackthehammer. We should never forget our past, and be proud of a great accomplishment such as that. They don't come easy--if they did, then everyone would have one.I hope this year our area schools can bring several state titles home!

[quote name="Majestyk" post="830787" timestamp="1282776474"]
Awesome pic, I was able to make the semi-final game in the dome against SA Lee.  Very good PN-G team.  jhamilton, how old are you, 6?  If you can't live in the past what do you have, get a life.
[/quote]

I was there too!  I was 11 or so, I think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu